• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
the printer came today...man its Heavy!!

I got in on this deal back in September, just wanted to update to say that I received the $400 rebate from Canon on Friday, October 26th.

Did the website ever update to show your rebate status?

Thanks.

Grrr... THIS IS A SCAM!!! Canon just sent me a letter rejecting the $400 rebate and giving me 30 days to appeal. I called the rebate center and they told me that B&H Photo purchases do not qualify for the rebate due to the way B&H lists the printer and camera as a single kit item. Obviously this is a scam since the rebate form comes directly from B&H and says B&H all over it, surely B&H should be a qualified vendor but they deliberately setup this snafu in hopes of weeding out as many people as possible.

B&H is closed for the storm so I have to wait for them to re-open, ask them to try to make a better receipt, and then resubmit the rebate. Of course you know what comes next -- my re-submission will be late or invalid due to photocopied bar codes or whatnot...

worms said:   Grrr... THIS IS A SCAM!!! Canon just sent me a letter rejecting the $400 rebate and giving me 30 days to appeal. I called the rebate center and they told me that B&H Photo purchases do not qualify for the rebate due to the way B&H lists the printer and camera as a single kit item. Obviously this is a scam since the rebate form comes directly from B&H and says B&H all over it, surely B&H should be a qualified vendor but they deliberately setup this snafu in hopes of weeding out as many people as possible.

B&H is closed for the storm so I have to wait for them to re-open, ask them to try to make a better receipt, and then resubmit the rebate. Of course you know what comes next -- my re-submission will be late or invalid due to photocopied bar codes or whatnot...


Oops wrote earlier...

"Edit: Just got off the phone with canon rebate representative.
Lady on the other side confirmed that they did make exception allowing bundle for bhphotovideo ONLY.
I guess I will take a shot with the after all. May the force be with us"

I would call Cannon back and get more info...

Reading thru this thread I saw mention of a hidden pdf link on the B&H site so I went fishing. Sure enough, if you login and view your order invoice there's a hidden "export to pdf" option that produces a detailed 2-page invoice completely different than the one shown on the screen. This must be the secret trick.

preed4963 said:   Did the website ever update to show your rebate status?

Thanks.


The Canon rebate site says it was received 9/24/2012, and the status was changed to "Payment approved" at some point, but the 'payment mailed' date is blank even though I already received the rebate card.

Thanks OP. I have been looking for a good SLR and it is hard to beat this price.

Ceccoj said:   preed4963 said:   Did the website ever update to show your rebate status?

Thanks.


The Canon rebate site says it was received 9/24/2012, and the status was changed to "Payment approved" at some point, but the 'payment mailed' date is blank even though I already received the rebate card.


May I ask which site you are using? I received an email from Canon rebate saying that they had received mine, but when I check the site I have, nothing is showing. The one I am using is https://acbpromotions.com/canonrebates/Default.asp.

Thanks.

Preed4963, it looks like I used the same site: https://www.acbpromotions.com/canonrebates/ and used my email address to look it up.

I'm not sure when they updated the status for anything though, as I never really checked it until you asked.

Just called them, rebate is approved. They had email address wrong in the system.

Thanks.

Paul

GudSpellur said:   El Linko

Edit: Deal is back but instead of the extra battery you get a camera bag.

Note: You can sell the printer on eBay and get a little over $100 for it after shipping and fees if you wanted. I would try Craigslist first though.



Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18MP Digital SLR Camera w/ Canon EF-S 18-55mm Lens
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens
Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer
Samdisk 16GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 13 x 19" (50 Sheets)
Lowepro Rezo 170 AW Digital Camera Bag


I'm getting $1205 in my cart with all of these added? Is there a trick to adding items?

greg07 said:   GudSpellur said:   El Linko

Edit: Deal is back but instead of the extra battery you get a camera bag.

Note: You can sell the printer on eBay and get a little over $100 for it after shipping and fees if you wanted. I would try Craigslist first though.



Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18MP Digital SLR Camera w/ Canon EF-S 18-55mm Lens
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens
Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer
Samdisk 16GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 13 x 19" (50 Sheets)
Lowepro Rezo 170 AW Digital Camera Bag


I'm getting $1205 in my cart with all of these added? Is there a trick to adding items?


The deal is dead.

Has anyone received the rebate yet?

While checking to see if a phone order would qualify for Discover 5% CB, here's what the Visa supplier tool shows:

Center of New York, NY 10001
Business Name Location and Contact Industry/MCC Business Enterprise Indicator Enhanced Data Level
1 B & H PHOTO-VIDEO.COM 420 9TH AVE,
NEW YORK, NY 10001
2122397500
www.bhphoto.com
0.16 miles BUSINESS/PROFESSIONAL SERVICES -5969 N/A
L III Summary
L III Line Item


2 B & H PHOTO-VIDEO RETAIL 420 9TH AVE,
NEW YORK, NY 10001
0.16 miles COPY/PRINTING/PHOTO PUBLISHING -5044 N/A
L III Summary
L III Line Item

Clearly not classified as electronics or camera store.

Nov 12th, called (212) 239-7500 at 3:06 PM and ordered. Printer will ship in 10 biz days. $999 less 400 rebate = 599. Thanks to the OP and others who posted here!!

Since this is a phone order and the rebate is big, used AMEX cc

GudSpellur said:   greg07 said:   GudSpellur said:   El Linko

Edit: Deal is back but instead of the extra battery you get a camera bag.

Note: You can sell the printer on eBay and get a little over $100 for it after shipping and fees if you wanted. I would try Craigslist first though.



Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18MP Digital SLR Camera w/ Canon EF-S 18-55mm Lens
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens
Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer
Samdisk 16GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 13 x 19" (50 Sheets)
Lowepro Rezo 170 AW Digital Camera Bag


I'm getting $1205 in my cart with all of these added? Is there a trick to adding items?


The deal is dead.

Has anyone received the rebate yet?


I can confirm that I received my $400 AMEX card today!

preed4963 said:   GudSpellur said:   greg07 said:   GudSpellur said:   El Linko

Edit: Deal is back but instead of the extra battery you get a camera bag.

Note: You can sell the printer on eBay and get a little over $100 for it after shipping and fees if you wanted. I would try Craigslist first though.



Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18MP Digital SLR Camera w/ Canon EF-S 18-55mm Lens
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens
Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Printer
Samdisk 16GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 13 x 19" (50 Sheets)
Lowepro Rezo 170 AW Digital Camera Bag


I'm getting $1205 in my cart with all of these added? Is there a trick to adding items?


The deal is dead.

Has anyone received the rebate yet?


I can confirm that I received my $400 AMEX card today!


Great.

I received only $200 today instead of $400. Did anybody else had this issue?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014