• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Starting today 9/11/12 , Dell's eGift card promo , buy $400 get free $75 is back !

Offer ends 9/26/12

"Get a $75 Dell promo eGift card for every $400 eGift card purchase" LINK

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dell Inspiron
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

So if I buy two of them (2x $400 and 2x $75), will I be able to use all 4 on a single purchase? I'm eyeing one of the Mitsubishi DLPs come black friday time

Cooz said:   So if I buy two of them (2x $400 and 2x $75), will I be able to use all 4 on a single purchase? I'm eyeing one of the Mitsubishi DLPs come black friday time

Yes , but you would have to call in your order to do so as Dell limits "online" payments to only two types of payment in one transaction , debit/credit/gift card or any TWO combo's of those . Meaning, trying to input four gift card codes ONLINE wont work ; so the order would have to be done over the phone .

stereo55 said:   Cooz said:   So if I buy two of them (2x $400 and 2x $75), will I be able to use all 4 on a single purchase? I'm eyeing one of the Mitsubishi DLPs come black friday time

Yes , but you would have to call in your order to do so as Dell limits "online" payments to only two types of payment in one transaction , debit/credit/gift card or any TWO combo's of those . Meaning, trying to input four gift card codes ONLINE wont work ; so the order would have to be done over the phone .

I thought even over the phone you are limited to three. You can combine the regular gift cards into one gift cards, but not the promo ones

You can consolidate your Dell Gift Cards, up to $3000. but not promocard.
http://buygconline.com/consolidation/index.aspx

Cannot consolidate the promotional gift card

I will say right off the bat the guy I just spoke with was less than helpful.

I was told, if you buy $400 worth of gift cards, you cannot use the $400 gift card, and $75 on one Dell purchase.

He also said that the promo card comes 10-20 days after the purchase of the $400 gift card.

Has anyone actually purchased the gift card/promo card bundle and then used them both towards one purchase?

The other thing the guy wouldn't do was match the laptop price I found online using an online coupon code.

The laptop I wanted is listed on Dell's site for $1099. I found a code that brought it down to $950. He said he 'couldn't come close to that price'.

So that brings up another potential issue, if you have to order over the phone to purchase a system, using the gift and promo card, you might not get as good of an original purchase price.

mine came 2 minutes later in email after I bought the regular GC.

bluegreenturtle said:   mine came 2 minutes later in email after I bought the regular GC.

The promotional gift card came that soon? I spoke with another, more helpful person at Dell. He insisted the promo card would not come for 10-20 days.

It was a little unclear, but I think he meant to say that a combination of three different cards could be used for one purchase.

Meaning, if you purchased $800 worth of gift cards you would get two $75 promo cards, for a total of $950 of purchasing power. You could not use all three cards, if your purchase was going to be over $950.

Just an FYI, I placed an order for a gift card around 4:45pm. At about 7:30pm the same day I had the gift card, and promo card delivered via email. The 10-20 days for delivery of the promo card seems to be a bit padded.

So I bought the $400 giftcard and received the $75 promo card code same day, maybe 1hr later (with e-mail delivery). As others have mentioned, you can only use 1 giftcard & 1 other payment method (NON-gift card) when purchasing online. I've tried to order 3 times now with Dell over the phone, they can never see the specials I see in fact they can't find them. This is very frustrating.
You are probably better off purchasing the cards on eBay just before you make a purchase, or from a secondary gift card site where they guarantee no expiration dates.
NOTE: over the phone, they accept a MAXIMUM of 3 payment methods. So the person asking to use 4 gift cards in 1 purchase will not work.

One additional note:
The promo gift card ($75) expires after 90 days. I haven't found a secondary market gift card site that will buy them, at least not the electronically delivered cards.
I called the Dell gift card site & they said they cannot issue a plastic card for the (electronically delivered) promo card. I guess you use it or lose it.

Someone might want to try getting the promo card without online delivery; at least if they deliver a plastic card you can resell it for 80% of card value.

all,

I am about to loose $400 on promotional gift cards, please help any suggestions

My cards were set to expire on Nov22 (I though 23rd but now checked its 22nd) and I kept them that long to buy some thing on BF sales .. 11pm CST I tried to purchase but the orders were never go in since the systems are really slow, I had to stay on phone for 2 hrs but finally got hung up

so I went ahead bought some thing on 23rd which I was successfully place the order.. but now got email from Dell that those orders were on hold due to gift card expiration issue

Don't understand whats the next option , their customer service has no good answer except transferring me numerous depts

P.S .. the other important thing before i forget, I used these these cards a month ago (within 60 days) but that order was cancelled due to some reason and I was not aware of that hence I happen to wait until the last minute

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.