• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Thank you for the information

exppii said:   Will this work in Europe (Sweden)?

Double cross-check the frequencies before you buy but looks OK to me?:
Sweden 900 1800 3G 2100 4G TeliaSonera

Source: WorldTimeZone

In all fairness I use a UK sourced Samsung Galaxy Apollo phone over here which works fine but I'm limited to 2G speeds on GoPhone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PANTECH-P9070-BURST-AT-T-UNLOCKED-4G...

This shows a new model unlocked listing for 99.99

torajm said:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PANTECH-P9070-BURST-AT-T-UNLOCKED-4G...

This shows a new model unlocked listing for 99.99


..and the orig link is back down to $100 as well. It had jumped up to $120 last night.

Should I buy another one? I'm torn.

just got mine. red. brand new. awesomo !

Just got mine. Forgot it needs a microSD card, so had to purchase one from eBay.

Is this phone capable of wifi tethering??...It would be useful if im using it overseas and use a pre-paid data sim card of that area to transmit wifi signal for my T-Mobile phone to tap its network access.

I was considering replacing my aging Nexus One with this one until I read the Cnet review. Apparently call quality is bad:

link

Mine is up and running. Manage to cut my regular sim card to a micro sim card using the instructions here:
http://my-iphone-ipad-blog.blogspot.com/2010/08/convert-sim-to-m...

Works flawlessly. Looks like a nice phone so far. Very impressed. No difference from my HTC, which costs twice the price with no front facing camera.

New one is back to $129

jigsaw1975 said:   Mine is up and running. Manage to cut my regular sim card to a micro sim card using the instructions here:
http://my-iphone-ipad-blog.blogspot.com/2010/08/convert-sim-to-m...

Works flawlessly. Looks like a nice phone so far. Very impressed. No difference from my HTC, which costs twice the price with no front facing camera.


Can you give us feedback regarding the battery life for "normal" use? Thanks in advance.

With my T-Mobile pay-go SIM inserted in my supposedly unlocked Burst it says "no SIM" at boot. I fiddled with position and shims with no luck. SIM still works in my old phone.

Any advice? Is a T-Mobile SIM not compatible with this phone?

manerac said:   With my T-Mobile pay-go SIM inserted in my supposedly unlocked Burst it says "no SIM" at boot. I fiddled with position and shims with no luck. SIM still works in my old phone.

Any advice? Is a T-Mobile SIM not compatible with this phone?

As pointed out by others in this thread, this phone uses micro sim card. Is your pay-go sim normal size or micro?

hhb said:   manerac said:   With my T-Mobile pay-go SIM inserted in my supposedly unlocked Burst it says "no SIM" at boot. I fiddled with position and shims with no luck. SIM still works in my old phone.

Any advice? Is a T-Mobile SIM not compatible with this phone?

As pointed out by others in this thread, this phone uses micro sim card. Is your pay-go sim normal size or micro?


May be they advertised wrong as an unlocked phone. only way to know is to ask the seller.

vishank said:   hhb said:   manerac said:   With my T-Mobile pay-go SIM inserted in my supposedly unlocked Burst it says "no SIM" at boot. I fiddled with position and shims with no luck. SIM still works in my old phone.

Any advice? Is a T-Mobile SIM not compatible with this phone?

As pointed out by others in this thread, this phone uses micro sim card. Is your pay-go sim normal size or micro?


May be they advertised wrong as an unlocked phone. only way to know is to ask the seller.

What does SIM size have to do with the phone being unlocked?

One of the reasons I got this phone, to replace my iPhone 2G on T-Mobile pre-paid, was the announcement by AT&T in May this year that ICS would be made available on the Burst. I looked at the Facebook page for Pantech and everyone was complaining about the delayed availability of ICS. The good news is they announced today it will be released next week! So far I'm impressed with the phone and the upgrade to ICS should make it even better.

mikevr6 said:   One of the reasons I got this phone, to replace my iPhone 2G on T-Mobile pre-paid, was the announcement by AT&T in May this year that ICS would be made available on the Burst. I looked at the Facebook page for Pantech and everyone was complaining about the delayed availability of ICS. The good news is they announced today it will be released next week! So far I'm impressed with the phone and the upgrade to ICS should make it even better.

Yay! ICS next week.

Got mine. Box was in bad shape, but the phone seems fine. So far, it's been great-- really smooth compared to my old Optimus T. Haven't put in my SIM card, since I need to cut it down to size. Anyone using it on T-Mobile? I guess it would be limited to 2G-- how bad is that?

Tmobile Edge is pretty slow... waiting for the 1900 refarm and we will be on 3g! ICS just got confirmed!
http://pantechburst.blogspot.com/
End of the month, so excited, now need to get rid of my LG optimus.

dRAG73 said:   Is this phone capable of wifi tethering??...It would be useful if im using it overseas and use a pre-paid data sim card of that area to transmit wifi signal for my T-Mobile phone to tap its network access.


Yes it has a built in tether function, I dont know if its good or not, just get one from the Play store. Easy to root too.

Will the price come down to $99.99?

RED is not a problem I unlocked/rooted and cut down to size a regular size sim to micro using the pre-att sim as a template and mine works great other than the fact I would love a custom rom to get rid of all bloat ware, and possibly speed up wifi. I am extremely happy with the phone though. lots of great software for it. If you want to tether even though it is supposedly not supported through Straight Talk, use barnacle wifi tether it works great!

hermionetic said:   dRAG73 said:   Is this phone capable of wifi tethering??...It would be useful if im using it overseas and use a pre-paid data sim card of that area to transmit wifi signal for my T-Mobile phone to tap its network access.


Yes it has a built in tether function, I dont know if its good or not, just get one from the Play store. Easy to root too.


Thanks for the reply but seems that now price is 129 since a few days ago...

Just wanted top say that I'm happy with the phone. Moving from a Samsung Galaxy (Captivate). This is lighter, faster in performance and has 4G too. I like the color, not a bright red at all. Plastic back but a brushed metal look. Will pick up another if the price drops back to $100.

I got a refurbished unlocked one. Looks brand new, tested it using a tmobile sim worked fine with data. Tried AT&T sim from iphone, only voice will work and no data. Any ideas?
Overall very happy with the build quality. Waiting for ics update.

torajm said:   I got a refurbished unlocked one. Looks brand new, tested it using a tmobile sim worked fine with data. Tried AT&T sim from iphone, only voice will work and no data. Any ideas?

torajm: Look under Network Settings. There may be some settings you can change.

torajm said:   I got a refurbished unlocked one. Looks brand new, tested it using a tmobile sim worked fine with data. Tried AT&T sim from iphone, only voice will work and no data. Any ideas?
Overall very happy with the build quality. Waiting for ics update.

Phone must have T-Mobile apn's you need to change to Att apn's to use Att data.

the local T-Mobile store gave me a mini sim free. I had the Gold Prepaid full sim in my WP7 and just had to swap the number over to the new micro sim, took just minutes. Wonderful phone for my purpose, light caller, heavy PMP user over wifi. I don't have a data plan so hope I can get that AT&T ICS upgrade, possibly over wifi. I see 1 bar of E with arrow pointing down so maybe I have some Edge data without paying for it. I'm clueless on phone tech.

The ICS upgrade was released : www.pantechusa.com .

ICS upgrade looks very good. need to find a way to remove AT&T bloatware. Any tips?

Find below what you get from ICS

New User Features
Enhanced Home screen canvas switcher edit functionality(In the preview of home screen panels, users can change a main home screen panel).
Enhanced Multitasking and Notifications functionality.
Enhanced User Interface : Virtual buttons in System bar, contextual options in Action Bar.
Support for Face Unlock.
Improved text input and spell-checking (Android keyboard)
Control over Network data and Powerful web browsing
New! Self mode and Panorama capture mode in camera.
New! Time-Lapse recording function in video camera.
UI Improvements
Improved user interface design with GL library.
Support for Native Sync of AT&T Address Book.
Improved lock screen.
Improved Quick Settings and Detail Settings.
Additional Improvement UI interfaces.

Has anyone used this phone with Straightalk?

http://pantechburst.blogspot.com/

how to root! and remove bloatwares using nobloatware app

torajm said:   ICS upgrade looks very good. need to find a way to remove AT&T bloatware. Any tips?

Find below what you get from ICS

New User Features
Enhanced Home screen canvas switcher edit functionality(In the preview of home screen panels, users can change a main home screen panel).
Enhanced Multitasking and Notifications functionality.
Enhanced User Interface : Virtual buttons in System bar, contextual options in Action Bar.
Support for Face Unlock.
Improved text input and spell-checking (Android keyboard)
Control over Network data and Powerful web browsing
New! Self mode and Panorama capture mode in camera.
New! Time-Lapse recording function in video camera.
UI Improvements
Improved user interface design with GL library.
Support for Native Sync of AT&T Address Book.
Improved lock screen.
Improved Quick Settings and Detail Settings.
Additional Improvement UI interfaces.

charliebeagledog said:   Has anyone used this phone with straightalk?

My mother. I bought it for her a few months ago, and she loves It. Works great.

Hi, I'm using this with the Straight Talk $45 Sim only plan with a Straight Talk A&TT compatible micro sim in the Los Angeles area. It works very good here. You will need to set up a "Straight Talk" APN profile in the settings. After updating to the latest software (ICS)from their website I had a lot of data loading problems, I fixed this by going into the Straight Talk APN settings and removing the "Proxy" and "Port" info and leaving these blank. (Not certain if this will work in all areas but it works in Los Angeles) (Do not change the Straight Talk "MMS Proxy" and port settings). On AT&T network the 4G logo is on all the time and my speeds are about 2.5 Mbps to 4 Mbps usually. This phone uses the micro sim and not the regular sim size.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014