• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It may be possible to order the new Wii U system from WalMart without being roped into their bundle using the following links: (Basic - $299.96; Deluxe $349.96)

Basic: http://www.walmart.com/ip/21125293
Deluxe: http://www.walmart.com/ip/21125294

As a back-up, if you are counting on having the system, you should probably order the package that WalMart wants to direct you to (Includes an extra Wii controller and 1 game). You could cancel this when the system ships to avoid hoarding...

I think the product launch announcement was overshadowed by the iPhone 5, but pre-orders will probably be sold out by tomorrow... It's the next generation Wii with some TV content incorporated and a touch-screen controller.

Member Summary

Wii U preorder
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!
Disclaimer
Retail price is not hot.
Pre-order is not hot.
Keyword spamming is not hot.

For the first time in 35 years, I am completely indifferent to the next generation of video game systems launching. The current gen of systems was such a colossal dud, IMHO, that it would take something truly incredible for me to get excited about console gaming again. Purchasing a PS3 at launch for $600 may have been the dumbest mistake of my life. Maybe a Dreamcast 2 launching with NFL 2K14 might shake me up.

Pre-orders sold out EVERYWHERE except WalMart for the deluxe, and those will go soon. This is hot just by virtue of being hard to find... these are going to be hot and sold out this holiday. Good post, OP. I'm a hardcore PC guy but the Wii U has a lot to like for me as well as a lot of exclusive titles I can't play on my PC... not to mention cool local-multiplayer features in games like ZombiU and New Super Mario Brothers U, and nice games coming like Pikmin 3. I pretty much skipped the PS3 and 360 despite owning one, played the Wii for around a year and a half, two years, before only doing so rarely.

Are these going to be backward compatable with current Wii games?

amheck said:   Are these going to be backward compatable with current Wii games? Yes, backwards compatible with all wii games/accessoires. Will NOT be backward compatible with gamecube games/accessories though.

Yuyak said:   amheck said:   Are these going to be backward compatable with current Wii games? Yes, backwards compatible with all wii games/accessoires. Will NOT be backward compatible with gamecube games/accessories though.

The Wii will be the first Nintendo system that I'm not going to bother to hold onto, especially when Gamecube games just plain out look better/sharper on a Gamecube with component games than they do on a Wii with component cables. Heck, Gamecube games on a Gamecube with the component cables look better than Wii games, period. I'll still never understand how Nintendo let this happen, but they did.

deal DEAD - did jump on it last night around 2am, but not showing now to order (was forwarding this to a friend)

GameStop still has basic available for pre order

rsuaver said:   deal DEAD - did jump on it last night around 2am, but not showing now to order (was forwarding this to a friend)

GameStop still has basic available for pre order

I almost pre-ordered a basic one from GameStop this weekend, but didn't after thinking about it for a minute. For $50 extra dollars, you get:
Nintendo Land ($59.99 retail)
Charger stand for controller
Stand for console
26MB extra storage
Black color that probably matches the rest of your electronics
10% off all Wii U store purchases for 2 years.

That's just too much extra stuff for $50. If I can't get a deluxe at launch, I think I'd rather wait until they come back in stock.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014