Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Jamo S 5-Piece Home Theater System
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like a great deal, thanks~!

crappy speakers at a crappy price. even the comments directly on Amazon say so. the wait continues.

1) 6Ω impedance. My amp does 4Ω and 8Ω (selectable) so it should handle them, but then any mixing and matching of speakers down the road (or adding a sub) would limit me to 6Ω, correct?

2) The camel shows the price as never deviating from $399, since July 25th 2012, but Amazon shows the product was added June 1st 2011. Why no tracking before that?

3) And speaking of Amazon reviews - five reviews, all posted today? (Which includes the completely worthless / fake review by "Brain McGrath"...) Isn't that somewhat strange? Granted, maybe just being in the GoldBox prompted these reviews, but that implies there either wasn't a single review before that or they were purged before today. Any input there?

Always good to see ButcherBoy bringing the GoldBox deals, and I'm totally in the market for a 5.1 speaker set, but I don't think this will be the one. As skarydrunkguy said "The wait continues..."

ManuFact said:    (Which includes the completely worthless / fake review by "Brain McGrath"...)

That guy posts useless fake reviews pretty much every day on random products. I think he's trying to be funny..unless he really is a carny that lives in a trailer with a roommate named Mongo.

ManuFact said:   1) 6Ω impedance. My amp does 4Ω and 8Ω (selectable) so it should handle them, but then any mixing and matching of speakers down the road (or adding a sub) would limit me to 6Ω, correct?

2) The camel shows the price as never deviating from $399, since July 25th 2012, but Amazon shows the product was added June 1st 2011. Why no tracking before that?

3) And speaking of Amazon reviews - five reviews, all posted today? (Which includes the completely worthless / fake review by "Brain McGrath"...) Isn't that somewhat strange? Granted, maybe just being in the GoldBox prompted these reviews, but that implies there either wasn't a single review before that or they were purged before today. Any input there?

Always good to see ButcherBoy bringing the GoldBox deals, and I'm totally in the market for a 5.1 speaker set, but I don't think this will be the one. As skarydrunkguy said "The wait continues..."

Camel only starts tracking a price after someone asks it to, it doesn't spider the site for new products.

jcantanixon said:   That guy posts useless fake reviews pretty much every day on random products. I think he's trying to be funny..unless he really is a carny that lives in a trailer with a roommate named Mongo.
I've heard of weirder, but yeah after reading even just the review for these speakers it's pretty obvious it's all fiction. I guess I wish Amazon would differentiate between (what are supposed to be) real reviews and these obviously fake / humorous / misc. reviews. I guess figuring it out for ourselves is part of the "fun".

dzer0 said: Camel only starts tracking a price after someone asks it to, it doesn't spider the site for new products.
Thanks for this dzer0 - makes a lot of sense. I did figure it spidered the site, but that's what I get for assuming, right?

Ok well twenty minutes until the next GB deal - wonder who'll post it? Still not going with these Jamo speakers, honestly with a decent 8Ω center speaker I can just keep on rocking my JBL G400's - they've lasted me roughly 20 years or so, I'm actually wondering now if I've had any piece of electronic equipment that's outlasted them... nothing comes to mind.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014