• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Just bought the 240hz version a couple months ago for $1000 more. This is a very nice price for a pretty huge TV. "$480 manufacturer’s discount is valid 9/13/12 through 10/7/12. While supplies last."

Member Summary

Sharp LC-70C6400U
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any review from fatwallet owner? Only thing of concern is this note from a review on Costco website: "2012 Edge lit, not FULL LED like the 2011 model"

I love Costco, nice part too is no hassle returns altho there is a limitation of 90 days on electronics, they won't beat you up over changing your mind about it if you do return it within their time period at least so far in our experience with our local store they have been fine about any returns which i can't say about some other stores in the area...

In case anyone wants to wait... I bought this last year during thanksgiving (11/25) for $1700 @ Sears... I'm thinking the prices will go down further...

LINK

Would there be tax if shipped to ny?

Frys was 1500 walk in only last year as well I recall.

I was planning on waiting but this is pretty good and Costco has price protection that will carry us to bf no?

Just gotta figure out ny tx or not

HyperX said:   In case anyone wants to wait... I bought this last year during thanksgiving (11/25) for $1700 @ Sears... I'm thinking the prices will go down further...

LINK

And SquareTrade warranty is only $99 for 3 more years

Is it really a FW way to buy a 70 inch TV for $2000?

So people get bashed for posting car lease deals, high end bike deals, luxury items, but big ass TV for $2k is god damn deal???

I wouldn't buy anything from Sharp until the fire sale really gets going:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/sharp-mortgages-itself/

unnamedny said:   Is it really a FW way to buy a 70 inch TV for $2000?

So people get bashed for posting car lease deals, high end bike deals, luxury items, but big ass TV for $2k is god damn deal???

It's not about the cost--it's about how good the deal is. I'm amazed at how some folks don't get that. If someone is in the market for a very large TV, why wouldn't they want the best deal possible? You may not be in a position to buy something like this, but that doesn't mean others aren't.

Shylok said:   Would there be tax if shipped to ny?

yes.

ssstamper said:   And SquareTrade warranty is only $99 for 3 more years

Same price in costco for 4 years of Squaretrade warranty.

+1, drives me mad.

On the flip I'm trying to decide. 60" sharp will be 799, last year was 999. So will I really get 1200+tx of utility over the 60" to the 70"

slickdeal45 said:   unnamedny said:   Is it really a FW way to buy a 70 inch TV for $2000?

It's not about the cost--it's about how good the deal is. I'm amazed at how some folks don't get that. If someone is in the market for a very large TV, why wouldn't they want the best deal possible? You may not be in a position to buy something like this, but that doesn't mean others aren't.

slickdeal45 said:   unnamedny said:   Is it really a FW way to buy a 70 inch TV for $2000?

Just because they dropped $1000 off, it does not make is such a great deal. Costco was just the first one to drop the price, and that price is not going to move any higher. Tomorrow there will be better technology and price is probably going to drop $500 more or so. Items which lose it's value by 30% 40% 50% literally within days, does not sound like good deal to me. I'm not saying don't buy an iphone 5 because within a year there will be iphone 6 and it's much better deal, but within a week or two or a month price on that TV will be even lower.

I bought 27' Monitor three years back for $220 and it's still hard to find at this price.
I bought 42' LED Smart TV for $650 year and a half back and it's still hard to beat the price.

Shylok said:   
On the flip I'm trying to decide. 60" sharp will be 799, last year was 999. So will I really get 1200+tx of utility over the 60" to the 70"

There's a huge (no pun intended) difference between 60" and 70". I watch the 70" and going back to watch a 60" makes everything look compressed. I was surprised at how much difference there really was.

One note about this one (assuming it's the same as the 240hz model) -- it's almost awkwardly thin/large. On a table it looks as though it would tip over. If you push on it in any reasonable manner, it doesn't feel like it's insecure, it just looks like it would be. Also, it's a lot of weight to put on a wall if you are thinking about that route -- make sure you have solid mounting in at least two studs.

Note: this is the edge lit model

Sharp makes many (I think 8 at last count) versions of 70" LEDs, starting at 60 MHz Edge Lit and working its way up to the Full Array 240 MHz version with 3D $2288 @ East Coast TV

ganjagadget said:   I wouldn't buy anything from Sharp until the fire sale really gets going:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/sharp-mortgages-itself/

Completely agree with you. Sharp is in desperate financial condition. They have been trying to sell at least a 10% inerest in their comapany to a China based company. The Chinese company is playing hardball because they now Sharp is desperate, so negotiations have dragged on. This week it was rumored that Sharp has now started negotiating with Intel, maybe just a ploy to get the Chenese company to move. The bottom line is Sharp must move inventory and that is why you are seeing the markdowns now.
I have 3 Sharp tv's and they have been great. I would love to get a 70", but I will also wait until Black Friday to see just how desperate they get.

Frys had this tv on black friday last year for $1499 for those who can wait in line. Sharp makes good tv's. My old crt 25 inch sold for the same as what I originally paid for it on black friday at frys.

Thanks OP. Green for you. I just picked up the last one at my local costco. I've been hemming and hawing since you posted. It is a magnificent TV. Huge and great pic! Green for you

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014