• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
IMPORTANT EXCLUSIONS: This offer is not valid for and cannot be used by any patient who, based
on available plan information, is currently or has been a beneficiary of a federal healthcare program,
such as Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part B, Medicaid, TRICARE or the Federal
Employees Health Benefits Program anytime in the 6 months prior to coupon redemption. Offer not
valid in AL, AR, MS, ND, NJ, NY, OR and PR and other transfer restrictions may apply.
Purchase of a transferred prescription with valid refills is required and coupon must be presented at prescription
payment. Offer does not apply to any prescription transferred from a Walgreens, Duane Reade or other pharmacy
owned by the Walgreens Family of Companies. Some card restrictions apply. Transfer and coupon redemption
must be completed by 12/31/12. Not valid with any other offers. Redeemable in store only.

http://www.walgreens.com/pdf/19298/12PG0057_switchnow_coupon_PLU...

Member Summary

Coupon
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
IMPORTANT EXCLUSIONS: This offer is not valid for and cannot be used by any patient who, based
on available plan information, is currently or has been a beneficiary of a federal healthcare program,
such as Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part B, Medicaid, TRICARE or the Federal
Employees Health Benefits Program anytime in the 6 months prior to coupon redemption. Offer not
valid in AL, AR, MS, ND, NJ, NY, OR and PR and other transfer restrictions may apply.
Purchase of a transferred prescription with valid refills is required and coupon must be presented at prescription
payment. Offer does not apply to any prescription transferred from a Walgreens, Duane Reade or other pharmacy
owned by the Walgreens Family of Companies. Some card restrictions apply. Transfer and coupon redemption
must be completed by 12/31/12. Not valid with any other offers. Redeemable in store only.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Now that Express Scripts is back on the WAG menu, I did this a couple of days ago. On pickup, I was denied $25 GC because "federal healthcare program beneficiary." I told them (again) I was with Express Scripts, which is a private company, not "federal program." Tech wanted to argue that "insurance is a federal program." Tech also told me I had prescription within last 6 months... also not correct, since, as an Express Scripts insured, I hadn't had ANY scrips at WAG since AT LEAST 01/01/2012, when WAG stopped taking Express Scripts. I asked for manager... manager was completely clueless, BUT did shut me up by giving me a $25 GC "for my inconvenience." I wish my local WAG would burn down... there's a reason I don't use them, and the $25 GC isn't worth the horrendous, snotty, treatment their pharmacy staff seems to think is appropriate.

/2 cents

I have to agree with labboypro. I did one of the transfers about a month ago. They did not have my script in stock. Said it would take a few days. Got automated messages in my voice mail that cut off, so I wasn't sure it it was ready or not. Gave it the benefit of the doubt and waited a few more days since I don't live close. Get there....Long line. Wait. Get to the counter, "oopps, it went back to stock already"...So I proceed to leave. I was nearly across the store and at the front door when they called my name over the intercom. Back to the pharmacy I go. They then offer to fill it quickly as I had stated I couldn't wait any longer since I had been in line so long already. Quickly--??!! Boloney to put it nicely! They had to redo the entire order, which made it kick the GC back. Guy got an attitude and said I was making him get behind. I hung in there until I got the GC, but I did not need to waste so much time or be treated with so much bad attitude. I won't go back to WAGS again.

macdough said:   I have to agree with labboypro. I did one of the transfers about a month ago. They did not have my script in stock. Said it would take a few days. Got automated messages in my voice mail that cut off, so I wasn't sure it it was ready or not. Gave it the benefit of the doubt and waited a few more days since I don't live close. Get there....Long line. Wait. Get to the counter, "oopps, it went back to stock already"...So I proceed to leave. I was nearly across the store and at the front door when they called my name over the intercom. Back to the pharmacy I go. They then offer to fill it quickly as I had stated I couldn't wait any longer since I had been in line so long already. Quickly--??!! Boloney to put it nicely! They had to redo the entire order, which made it kick the GC back. Guy got an attitude and said I was making him get behind. I hung in there until I got the GC, but I did not need to waste so much time or be treated with so much bad attitude. I won't go back to WAGS again.

sorry to read about your experiences. I've been treated fairly well at the stores near me, although, there has been a few glitches here and there, but nothing to the extent you two have posted about.

You may get run across a bad apple here and there at Wag. I have had nothing but good experiences at my local Walgreens.
They always seem to have good sales on their front end merchandise, too.

MISTERCHEAP said:   sorry to read about your experiences. I've been treated fairly well at the stores near me, although, there has been a few glitches here and there, but nothing to the extent you two have posted about.

I've been an on-again, off-again customer of WAG for decades... I'm a rebater, so used to do their monthly FAR/MM deals religiously, and I just picked up a handful of Logitech wireless keyboards from this thread. My service issues described above are regarding my local WAG store (and more accurately, JUST the pharmacy). If the store burned down, maybe they would build a good one in its place

Can this coupon be used for multiple rx's so that I would get 1 g/c for each prescription or do I need multiple coupons with different sku's to transfer and get g/c's. also, is it best to transfer one at a time or transfer all of them at once for the g/c's? This has probably been asked before and I am sorry as I never planned to switch from cvs until a recent change in policy.

butterflies1955 said:   Can this coupon be used for multiple rx's so that I would get 1 g/c for each prescription or do I need multiple coupons with different sku's to transfer and get g/c's. also, is it best to transfer one at a time or transfer all of them at once for the g/c's? This has probably been asked before and I am sorry as I never planned to switch from cvs until a recent change in policy.

you can do multiple GC's but EACH RX MUST be rung up as a seperate order. and you should have one coupon per RX to be safe.

Be sure to alert them when you drop off the RX'es that you will be using the $25 coupon and they SHOULD NOT bundle all the prescriptions together. You will pay for each one, one at a time. The coupon clearly says "limit 1 gc per transaction".

bumping,

good time to do this deal with all the BF deals Walgreens will have on free after register rewards stuff!

reminder, last few days of this deal!

One time only for me trying a similar deal. Was told they could not give me the money transfer because of my insurance type. SO SAD !

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014