• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Ad Picture
Disclaimer
16 Hundred Round Boxes.

Little plastic ammo box with gasket holds the boxes vertically.

Member Summary

walmart
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thread is from last year bro...

dkd711 (Mar. 01, 2013 @ 1:47p) |

Yeah, but it sounds like he's opening it up for bids.

rbstern (Mar. 01, 2013 @ 2:15p) |

Not selling it yet, ima see if things get crazy. I work at an ammo place and sell guns there, and I was told things are ... (more)

freddiemartinez (Mar. 04, 2013 @ 12:09a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Suggest adding AMMO & .22 LR to your topic if possible. It's sort of common sense but it can only help.

While you are there, check it out, some Walmarts sell AR's now.

Is this a good price on CCI Minimags?

FranksandBeans said:   Suggest adding AMMO & .22 LR to your topic if possible. It's sort of common sense but it can only help.

While you are there, check it out, some Walmarts sell AR's now.

Thx for the reminder, F&B. Seeing an ad for a Sig AR for under $900 with 3x scope was a welcome surprise.

miizer said:   Is this a good price on CCI Minimags?

I paid $6.99 for a box of 100 MiniMags the other night, but they were hollow points. The MiniMags in this deal are round-nose.

That's a pretty darn good deal if you can find that.

Equiv. price at Cabala's online would be $121.56 (BT) for 1600 and Wallys is easier to get to for most people.
UPDATE:
Backup deal, $5.99/100 at Palmetto State Armory. $95.84 + $9.00 shipping to my house for 1600 rounds. Just missed free shipping over $50, it ended 9/16/2012
CCI Mini-Mag .22LR 40gr Copper-plated Round Nose 100rd Box 0030 $5.99 $95.84

WalMart also has Winchester 22lr 333 round box for $14. What justifies premium for these rounds?

@ my WM they have 333 rounds of winchester generic 22lr for 9.99.... .03 per round....which is cheaper than the 525 ct boxes.....YMMV....

Karnivore said:   WalMart also has Winchester 22lr 333 round box for $14. What justifies premium for these rounds?

Superior performance. High quality compoments and assembly.

Extremely high reliability.

Yurg

bakermann said:   @ my WM they have 333 rounds of winchester generic 22lr for 9.99.... .03 per round....which is cheaper than the 525 ct boxes.....YMMV....

I can't remember having a Minimag fail to fire on me after firing a couple thousand rounds. On some of the cheaper bulk stuff, I normally get a few duds every hundred rounds. Usually not a problem when plinking except it's irritating having to clear a jam. It is a problem when shooting a .22 competition though. Also they tend to shoot cleaner than the cheap stuff which gums up my handgun after a while.

These rounds fall between cheap stuff, and match grade stuff in price. I've seen on some forums that CCI Blazers are minimags without the copper coating and nice boxes, which could save you a bunch more money.

Not a bad deal, but I'll pass. I don't like the big brother aspects of shopping in WalMart anymore. The dept of homeland security is asking people to report suspicious activity and has cameras in the check stands for such. I am not a threat, but to some people who don't like guns and see me buying 2 boxes for a weekend of plinking. I don't need the hassle. Thanks for the deal, though.

It's a good price for me!

Went to 3 different WalMarts here in the Cleveland area Sunday and none of them have seen this deal.

green for the post. In my opinion, these are good for target shooting/practice, I have had a lot of misfires and jams with these.But that is with a cheap marlin .22. Even after I polished the feed ramp. But still a good post.

I agree about the WalMart big brother thing. I hate the big brother thing.

Try the Winchester M22, they are $45/box of 1,000 rounds @ WM.. Great for Semi-Auto's like my M&P15-22.

will a .22 work during a zombie attack. I know it may take more than 1 shot with them but will they be effective. Wanting to stock up. Zombies could come at any time. Thankx

zombiekiller said:   will a .22 work during a zombie attack. I know it may take more than ot with them but will they be effective. Wanting to stock up. Zombies could come at any time. Thankx

Possibly, if they have soft heads. But i wouldn't use anything less than .223. A shotgun is best in a frantic situation.

zombiekiller said:   will a .22 work during a zombie attack. I know it may take more than 1 shot with them but will they be effective. Wanting to stock up. Zombies could come at any time. Thankx

It requires a head shot.

If you miss, you're Zombie Chow.

practice, practice practice

poison7FL said:   zombiekiller said:   will a .22 work during a zombie attack. I know it may take more than ot with them but will they be effective. Wanting to stock up. Zombies could come at any time. Thankx

Possibly, if they have soft heads. But i wouldn't use anything less than .223. A shotgun is best in a frantic situation.

you sir have a lot of experience killing zombies?

zippz said:   bakermann said:   @ my WM they have 333 rounds of winchester generic 22lr for 9.99.... .03 per round....which is cheaper than the 525 ct boxes.....YMMV....

I can't remember having a Minimag fail to fire on me after firing a couple thousand rounds. On some of the cheaper bulk stuff, I normally get a few duds every hundred rounds. Usually not a problem when plinking except it's irritating having to clear a jam. It is a problem when shooting a .22 competition though. Also they tend to shoot cleaner than the cheap stuff which gums up my handgun after a while.

These rounds fall between cheap stuff, and match grade stuff in price. I've seen on some forums that CCI Blazers are minimags without the copper coating and nice boxes, which could save you a bunch more money.

Can you point to any source on this? I bought 1k blazers a while back for a deal and they SUCK in my 10/22. I can't get through a 25-rd mag without at LEAST one jam if not more. I'm not sure if it under or over powers the gun, but the casing of the fired round gets stuck still ejecting from the chamber! I'm thinking it's over powered based on the powder burns I keep getting and the fact that the next round does get mostly chambered.

poison7FL said:   zombiekiller said:   will a .22 work during a zombie attack. I know it may take more than ot with them but will they be effective. Wanting to stock up. Zombies could come at any time. Thankx

Best just to keep multiple firearms of any kind around. Shotty's gonna be best if they get up close, but you're not going to have a lot of rounds to work with so you better clear a path and run like hell. Keep the rifle for keeping them at range and have a handgun for when the shotty runs out. And remember...always keep that last bullet least you want to add to their guts or their numbers.

treasurebeacon said:   poison7FL said:   zombiekiller said:   will a .22 work during a zombie attack. I know it may take more than ot with them but will they be effective. Wanting to stock up. Zombies could come at any time. Thankx

you sir have a lot of experience killing zombies?

Yes, i am a master at zombie mode on Call of Duty: Black Ops... I figure, it's the closest i'm getting until the real thing....

I also checked a few Cleveland area Walmarts with no luck. Fin Feather Fur in Middleburg has it in stock for 99.99.

juicyrumor said:   I also checked a few Cleveland area Walmarts with no luck. Fin Feather Fur in Middleburg has it in stock for 99.99.

We just got a Fin in Canton! What a great store.

WalMart ammo deals are HUGE YMMV. Their stock is veeeeery spotty!

I can never find anything in WalMart in Houston. It seem like us city folks in Houston just can't find any ammo/guns sales at WalMart.

I just bought some CCI mini mag 1600 round 22lr yesterday for 80$. But that's because I work at an ammo place, I was looking to shoot it all but I'm seeing all the shortages an I'm think of not opening it and wait and see, bcz right now I'm seeing the same can I have for 350$ and there still bidding hmmm... Things might get crazy!

Thread is from last year bro...

dkd711 said:   Thread is from last year bro...

Yeah, but it sounds like he's opening it up for bids.

Not selling it yet, ima see if things get crazy. I work at an ammo place and sell guns there, and I was told things are going to get worse. I got 3000 rounds of LR ammo but I'm not gunna open that mini mag just incase. I have rich people come to my work and they will only shoot CCI ammo. There really picky!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014