• 1 234513
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

d (188.67kB)
Disclaimer
Enrollment is limited so come back November 18th to enroll.

Link to the deal
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/Shop-Small/

Facebook Link
http://www.facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday

American Express Small Business Saturday coming November 24, 2012 same $25.00 statement credit

Heads Up: I got an email from AMEX directed to small businesses saying that they will again be having SBS on Nov 24, 2012.

Information is limited for now, but here are the highlights:

$25.00 statement credit

"We are helping customers find you by placing all American Express small merchants on an online map so they can shop small at your business."
The map feature sounds like it will eliminate confusion over what businesses qualify for the offer. I'm not sure if they've had that in the past or not.

Also you can get a free ad for your Business here

Free Ads available through November 19, 2012 or while supplies last. Media Inventory is limited. For the purpose of this Program, qualifying small businesses include small, locally-owned storefront and online businesses with $10 million in annual revenue or less. Businesses in the following industries are excluded: government agencies, charities, non-profits, trade associations, shopping property management firms, political, religious and educational organizations. Small businesses that are part of a franchise brand with more than 100 stores are excluded. Additionally, if a franchise brand has more than 20 corporate-owned units, then the entire brand is excluded. Small businesses that promote any of the following are not eligible for the Program: pharmaceuticals, drugs, politics, pornography or sexual aids, diet aids, gambling, liquor, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any sensitive topic with respect to current events

h_pagoda op

Member Summary

amex (5.78kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Same here. I now actually have a double credit because AMEX csr had manually applied the credit after emailing them.

chantspel (Jan. 20, 2013 @ 10:09a) |

i received my $25 credit on fia fidelity card automatically this week. i had previously called last year and gotten reje... (more)

wuhoo (Jan. 22, 2013 @ 10:57p) |

I'm so surprise that $25 credit finally appears on my BOFA AMEX.
This was when Ace Hardware SNAFU, posting the transacti... (more)

ziffy (Feb. 02, 2013 @ 8:19a) |

Small Business Saturday is on Nov 24, 2012.

Enrollment for the American Express $25 Statement Credit Cardmember Offer opened November 18

MISTERCHEAP said:   DIRECT ENROLLMENT LINK!!


https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/US/en/SBS2012/


Link to small business map

AMEX Shopsmall Customer Service: 800-234-4474 . You can also contact them via their Facebook page linked in the OP.

---

Edit (2012/12/03)

If phone number 800-234-4474 does not work, try calling 800-297-7500. I (ebuceci) got a credit by calling 800-297-7500 since calling 800-234-4474 fails (rings, followed by fast busy).

Thanks BB was wondering same, time to add additional holders

I split a bill with 2 AMEX cards last year and both cards received $25 credit.

pietromoon said:   Thanks BB was wondering same, time to add additional holders

When you state adding additional cardholders I assume this is only for business accounts and not personal accounts?
New account numbers are only issued for additional business cards and not personal. H
Have cardholders recvd. additional $25.00 promotional credits using additional personal cardholders even though it is the same account number but different account cardholder names?

alanmax said:   pietromoon said:   Thanks BB was wondering same, time to add additional holders

When you state adding additional cardholders I assume this is only for business accounts and not personal accounts?
New account numbers are only issued for additional business cards and not personal. H
Have cardholders recvd. additional $25.00 promotional credits using additional personal cardholders even though it is the same account number but different account cardholder names?


AMEX AFAIK issues a unique card number for each card holder. 2 users on my Costco AMEX and both have unique card numbers. Personal card. Did this last year and each user got the credit. You have to register each card. Branded cards from say Citi do not issue each user their own unique card number.

mathfaster said:   alanmax said:   pietromoon said:   Thanks BB was wondering same, time to add additional holders

When you state adding additional cardholders I assume this is only for business accounts and not personal accounts?
New account numbers are only issued for additional business cards and not personal. H
Have cardholders recvd. additional $25.00 promotional credits using additional personal cardholders even though it is the same account number but different account cardholder names?


AMEX AFAIK issues a unique card number for each card holder. 2 users on my Costco AMEX and both have unique card numbers. Personal card. Did this last year and each user got the credit. You have to register each card. Branded cards from say Citi do not issue each user their own unique card number.


Thanks for the info. mathfaster.

Wonder if AMEX Prepaid cards are eligible...

ivanivanix said:   Wonder if AMEX Prepaid cards are eligible...

That would be a NO. At least last year they were not eligible. That includes Serve which is a prepaid card. Also, any AMEX gift cards are not eligible either. Branded AMEX cards, like from Citi, etc. should work.

2011 AMEX Small Business Saturday thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1129852/

this sold out last year very fast. im not sure i want to stay tuned this year if they are only going to award the first 5,000 to register or something like that.

Join the over one hundred million* people who were a part of
Small Business Saturday last year. Enter your email address and be among the first to
know what you can do to take advantage of the big day.

http://shopsmall.com

I dislike American Express for profiting off of "promoting" their card usage at Small Businesses.

American Express doesn't actually care about Small Businesses, they just want to piggyback off of pretending to care.

If American Express really cared they would cut down on the fees they charge small business owners.

But that would cut into their profit and profit is the only thing they care about.

mathfaster said:   ivanivanix said:   Wonder if AMEX Prepaid cards are eligible...

That would be a NO. At least last year they were not eligible. That includes Serve which is a prepaid card. Also, any AMEX gift cards are not eligible either. Branded AMEX cards, like from Citi, etc. should work.

2011 AMEX Small Business Saturday thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1129852/


FT thread says Citi issued AMEX cards don't work.

Oh boy! I love this deal. Have used it joyfully every year it's been offered.

time to take out all the 8 AMEX cards which I do not use. Love this deal.

Alexsoccerboy said:   

FT thread says Citi issued AMEX cards don't work.


My Citi AMEX ThankYou worked fine last year for SBS and for any other AMEX promotion. Same true for Penfed or FIA-issued AMEX cards

Yeah! Slappy cakes make your own pancakes here we come! My kids love this day.

Took out my girlfriend to a fancy restaurant. Split the bill between my four cards, it was great!

Picked up gift certificates from several small businesses last time... Used them to purchase Christmas party deli platters.. Wine.. Etc... Quite the deal

Any update on registration... got an email from FedEx but that was more like register to win $25

slamajammer said:   Join the over one hundred million* people who were a part of
Small Business Saturday last year. Enter your email address and be among the first to
know what you can do to take advantage of the big day.

http://shopsmall.com


THX!

edit:
horrible interface.
it defaulted me to lower manhatten.
tried to change zip code to Brooklyn, NY and nothing changed
screen still showed lower manhatten

The number of enrollments is limited. Enrollment opens at 12:00AM MST (“Mountain Standard
Time”) on November 18, 2012, and will continue until 11:59PM MST on November 24, 2012 unless
the enrollment limit is reached sooner.

3. To receive the $25 statement credit, the Cardmember must use his or her enrolled Card to spend
$25 or more in a single, in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location on Saturday,
November 24, 2012. To receive the credit, the transaction must equal $25 or more (for example, if
your transaction is only for $15, you will not receive a credit). Multiple transactions of less than
$25 will not qualify even if the combined total of those transactions is over $25. You may purchase
multiple items that together equal $25 or more, but you must purchase them in a single transaction
to receive the statement credit.

4. Qualifying small business locations are those identified on the Shop Small® Map, available
at ShopSmall.com. In addition, small business locations that accept American Express through
Square also qualify and can be found on the Square Directory
at https://squareup.com/directory/?cmpId=amex

Very interesting changes to the terms as I read it.

Apparently, only eligible at businesses on their list and Square-- this is probably smart on AMEX's part, becuase they never really clearly defined "small business" where you knew if the business might have a couple of other locations, and AMEX probably got tired of all the people calling and griping about wondering why they haven't received the credit yet from the local Wal-Mart neighborhood market store.

I hope their map is better than past years, b/c only a few locations I got credit at last year were actually mapped.

I'm also guessing this is where the liquor and bondage stores are going bye-bye this year as qualifiers, given the promotional materials they are allowing businesses to use specifically excluded those in certain "vice" categories.

teammjs said:   Very interesting changes to the terms as I read it.

Apparently, only eligible at businesses on their list and Square-- this is probably smart on AMEX's part, becuase they never really clearly defined "small business" where you knew if the business might have a couple of other locations, and AMEX probably got tired of all the people calling and griping about wondering why they haven't received the credit yet from the local Wal-Mart neighborhood market store.

I hope their map is better than past years, b/c only a few locations I got credit at last year were actually mapped.

I'm also guessing this is where the liquor and bondage stores are going bye-bye this year as qualifiers, given the promotional materials they are allowing businesses to use specifically excluded those in certain "vice" categories.


oh wow.. didnt notice the new rules of only stores in their list.

looks like no more chinese food + gun range with a few friends for my 4 AMEX cards

I've been trying to get my biz listed on the site for a couple of weeks and haven't heard back from them. Not sure what they are calling a "qualifying small business" this year.

Had to fight them last year to get credit for shopping at my local grocer who wasn't listed.

Where can I watch the for the link when it goes up on Nov 18 at 12MST? I'd like to post the link and help out as I just recently participated in FW. Thanks.

Where can I watch the for the link when it goes up on Nov 18 at 12MST? I'd like to post the link and help out as I just recently participated in FW. Thanks.

Awesome, map is now up for qualifying businesses!!

A few observations:
1) Looks like all the ones I used last year are still on
2) Some stores listed as a small business I know as a fact don't take AMEX (although my guess is they did a one time)
3) Looks like Square businesses are also listed, given the names and residential areas
4) At least one of my liquor stores I used last year (and an area upscale adult store) are on the list, so the prohibition against "risque" stores for SBS must only extend to the advertising publicly of those businesses using AMEX's promo material
5) A good number of chain gas stations and some chain food places are on the list as well
6) There were a few surprising omissions (like a spa place my wife likes I know takes AMEX)

Good job on AMEX getting this out and giving more confidence the purchases will qualify.

Boomgoesthedynamite said:   Where can I watch the for the link when it goes up on Nov 18 at 12MST? I'd like to post the link and help out as I just recently participated in FW. Thanks.

How is you posting the link elsewhere going to help out FW?! Anyway, the answer is already on the page if you'd bother to read a few posts above yours.

Searching for an exact store name can result in "no merchant found," though when zooming in on the map, the store appears.

Hmm... found a good place to buy a few things for $25, but worried that I'll miss the quota since I'll likely be asleep when it goes live... damn west coast bias!

come back November 18th to enroll.

Last year bought $30 stuff at a liquor store and got $25 credit. But looks like this year the liquor store isn't qualified. Last line of the term:

Small businesses that promote any of the following are not eligible for the Program: pharmaceuticals, drugs, politics, pornography or sexual aids, diet aids, gambling, liquor, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any sensitive topic with respect to current events

Haha, you can't buy liquor at a store, but you can buy alcohol at a restaurant or bar.

jolapo said:   Last year bought $30 stuff at a liquor store and got $25 credit. But looks like this year the liquor store isn't qualified. Last line of the term:

Small businesses that promote any of the following are not eligible for the Program: pharmaceuticals, drugs, politics, pornography or sexual aids, diet aids, gambling, liquor, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any sensitive topic with respect to current events


When did AMEX become the fun police?

freddyfoster said:   jolapo said:   Last year bought $30 stuff at a liquor store and got $25 credit. But looks like this year the liquor store isn't qualified. Last line of the term:

Small businesses that promote any of the following are not eligible for the Program: pharmaceuticals, drugs, politics, pornography or sexual aids, diet aids, gambling, liquor, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any sensitive topic with respect to current events


When did AMEX become the fun police?


They didn't tell you that you can't buy those things... only that they're not going to subsidize it. Seems reasonable, and I actually have no moral hangups about you buying any of those items.

jolapo said:   Last year bought $30 stuff at a liquor store and got $25 credit. But looks like this year the liquor store isn't qualified. Last line of the term:

Small businesses that promote any of the following are not eligible for the Program: pharmaceuticals, drugs, politics, pornography or sexual aids, diet aids, gambling, liquor, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any sensitive topic with respect to current events


It just seems like an unnecessary CYA put in there by some marketing / legal drone for no reason. FWIW several liquor stores nearby show up on their store locator.

lokimoki said:   Searching for an exact store name can result in "no merchant found," though when zooming in on the map, the store appears.

Same here. Also when I put in the zip code it told me that there were no qualifying businesses with that zip. Sure enough, zooming on the map made the store appear.

labboypro said:   freddyfoster said:   jolapo said:   Last year bought $30 stuff at a liquor store and got $25 credit. But looks like this year the liquor store isn't qualified. Last line of the term:

Small businesses that promote any of the following are not eligible for the Program: pharmaceuticals, drugs, politics, pornography or sexual aids, diet aids, gambling, liquor, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any sensitive topic with respect to current events


When did AMEX become the fun police?


They didn't tell you that you can't buy those things... only that they're not going to subsidize it. Seems reasonable, and I actually have no moral hangups about you buying any of those items.


But they are saying that they don't support small businesses that do sell those items. I just find it strange.

So does a business have to register this year in order to be a part of this promotion?
Last year I went to my doctor and got a $25 credit towards payment for the bill and they hadn't "registered".

Skipping 476 Messages...
I'm so surprise that $25 credit finally appears on my BOFA AMEX.
This was when Ace Hardware SNAFU, posting the transaction a couple of days after 11/24 eventhough I made the purchase on 11/24.
After lots of hassle (ping pong) between BOFA CSR and AMEX CSR.... $25 is finally appear... good to know at least AMEX always makes good on their promotion!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014