• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Simple Mobile DOMSIM SIM Card - Starter Kit, GSM, 3G-4G Network, 850MHz & 1900MHz Frequencies.

-Free after $10 Mail-in-Rebate.

-Limit 1 per Household.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary

I have an AT&T iPhone 4 that is out of contract and unlocked. According to my reading, it will operate with full 3G only on GSM 850 or 1900MHZ. However, in direct contrast to your post, Mysimple Mobile clearly says it operates only on the 1700 band which gives the Edge 2g slower web speed.

I really wish your post were correct as stated, but it appears not.

Any clarification? Has Tiger Direct found a better contract with MySimpleMobile?

ljderm said:   

I really wish your post were correct as stated, but it appears not.

?

My post/information was directly taken from TD's website. I don't make the SIM card.

it seems like a T-Mobile network reseller

How many minutes does it come with?

Yes its a T-Mobile service, Plans start at $40 for unlimited talk, text abd 3G web

respdoc said:   
?

My post/information was directly taken from TD's website. I don't make the SIM card.

I absolutely realize that.

I was simply trying to see if you or anyone had any experience with this. I researched their website and the Tiger Direct one. Something did not add up, so I was just posing the question.

As two later posters mentioned it looks like they are a T-Mobile reseller. There have been statements that at some point T-Mobile will open up the proper band to power the original iPhones on 3G. I was just hoping there was some news with this offer.

That progress has been ongoing and certain cities already have 3G on TMobile.
http://www.tmonews.com/2012/09/las-vegas-network-refarm-now-75-l...

You can typically find these SIM cards for about a buck on eBay if you don't want to deal with the hassle of a rebate.
And Simple Mobile is a TMobile MVNO owned by America Movil (who also owns Trac Fone, Straight Talk, etc). So it is not impossible but unlikely that America Movil will add AT&T coverage to the Simple Mobile brand, when they have other brands that already do.

pitflyer said:   That progress has been ongoing and certain cities already have 3G on TMobile.
http://www.tmonews.com/2012/09/las-vegas-network-refarm-now-75-l...

You can typically find these SIM cards for about a buck on eBay if you don't want to deal with the hassle of a rebate.
And Simple Mobile is a TMobile MVNO owned by America Movil (who also owns Trac Fone, Straight Talk, etc). So it is not impossible but unlikely that America Movil will add AT&T coverage to the Simple Mobile brand, when they have other brands that already do.

Thanks, that is very very helpful. I was interested in a T-Mobile plan since it is a few dollars less than the StraightT $45 plan (which I knew used the AT&T network). This am while reading the TigerDirect offer, I was hopeful that TM had completed their opening of the 1900MHz freq on their network (by reading your link, I just learned that this is called 'refarming').

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014