• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seagate Barracuda ST1500DM003 1.5TB Desktop Hard Drive - 3.5" Form Factor, 7200 RPM, 64MB Cache, SATA 6Gb/s

FREE SHIPPING AND 4% CashBack

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

seagate
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal but you should note that price is AFTER REBATE.

Looking around, this only has a 1-year warranty, and a lot of people making reviews at Newegg seem to be mistaking this drive for another one, giving it 1-egg reviews for failures. For $70 it seems like a decent deal, might bite.

Wow, didn't notice the one year warranty. Pass. But this portends better deals or longer-warranty drives at the same price in the BF timeframe.

The warranty is one year and it's rated for a use case of 2400 hours per year (6 and a half hours per day). That comes to 3 cents per hour of operation while under warranty. Compare that with the WD1502FAEX bought from Newegg rated for continuous duty with a five year warranty for 159.99 about a third of a cent per warrantied hour of operation. I guess the Seagate might make sense for light duty, if you aren't planning on keeping your computer very long.

Warranty is 2 years from what I see

Manufactured by: Seagate
Warranty provided by: Seagate
Limited Warranty: 24 months parts; 24 months labor
Mfg Part No: ST1500DM003
UPC No: 715663215493
Box Size: ( Length: 10, Width: 8, Depth: 2 )
Shipping Weight: 1.5000 pound(s)

Good deal, but I needn't it, thanks

AntDog505 said:   Warranty is 2 years from what I see

Manufactured by: Seagate
Warranty provided by: Seagate
Limited Warranty: 24 months parts; 24 months labor
Mfg Part No: ST1500DM003
UPC No: 715663215493
Box Size: ( Length: 10, Width: 8, Depth: 2 )
Shipping Weight: 1.5000 pound(s)

That's very interesting
http://www.seagate.com/files/www-content/partners/my%20spp%20das...
lists it's warranty length as 1 year. Most retailers are ashamed to even list the warranty length. Newegg and one other merchant also list it as one year. Based on my experience with TigerDirect, my guess is that they must have made a "mistake."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014