• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
According to this official Google post, Google Play is celebrating 25 Billion downloads with a $.25 sale on games as well as 'a curated collection of 25 must-own movies, 25 banned books, 25 albums that changed the world and 25 top-selling magazines'. Not sure if that means those latter items will also be $.25, but likely sale priced at least. The sale will occur over the next 5 days.

Link is in member summary below. Be sure to check back for the next five days as the sale items are expected to change every day.

Member Summary

List of $0.25 app for Wed 9-26
Thanks phermat
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Some of the previous days apps still come up at $0.25 as well.

Edited summary as well.

9/30 apps
Horn - Visually Stunning 3... (more)

DougM (Sep. 30, 2012 @ 3:36p) |

some of the past sale apps that saids 0.25 shows up as original price when you click it....

viewsonic041 (Sep. 30, 2012 @ 6:10p) |

last day of sale....grab it while you can

SteelRing (Oct. 01, 2012 @ 1:12a) |

Top Apps for $0.25

Also 25 banned books for $.99 each. Go to google play store Books section for link.
Magazine special not very special, but 25 magazine issues $1.99 each.

9/30 apps
Horn - Visually Stunning 3rd person Adventure Exclusive To Mobile! HORN is a 3rd per...
The Dark Knight Rises - Become Batman and save Gotham City from the biggest threat it's ever faced. T...
Haunted House HD - Enter and explore a spooky haunted house - in true 3-D. From the creators of ...
Smart Tools - Measure length, angle, distance, height, direction and sound with
Nova Launcher Prime - Highly customizable, performance driven, home screen replacement for Android ...
Great Big War Game - "Just buy it, plain and simple." IGN.com - 95% "Amazing" (Editor's choice) Ta...
Scramble With Friends - Scramble With Friends™ - The fast, fun word-finding game everyone's playing! ...
Kids Numbers and Math - A fun way for kids to learn numbers and build basic math skills. Wouldn't it ...
Guns'n'Glory WW2 Premium - Enter the battle and lead your troops to glory! Explosive defense action in W...
Gravity Guy - ★ HD graphics ★ Multiplayer mode to 4 players ★Two game modes Story and Pract...
Air Control - You are the air traffic controller helping the planes safely to ground. SALE ...
Air Control HD - You are the air traffic controller helping the planes safely to ground. SALE ...
SketchBook Pro- For everyone who loves to draw - Autodesk SketchBook. Autodesk® SketchBook® P...
SPY mouse - Danger. Intrigue. Stealth. Cheese… Agent Squeak *is* SPY mouse! Danger. Intri...

9/29 apps
Where's My Perry?
Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro
Madden NFL 12 by EA Sports
Camera Zoom FX
Cut the Rope
Ski Safari
Order & Chaos Online
cogs
Cut the Rope HD
Dr. Seuss's Sleep Book
RealCalc Plus
Pool Break Pro
Farm Invasion USA - Premium
Broken Sword : Director's Cut

Full list for 9/28:
Amazing Alex
TuneIn Radio Pro
Temple Run: Brave
HD Widgets
PicSay Pro - Photo Editor
Monsters Ate My Condo
Flick Golf!
ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form
Kids ABC Letters
Rebuild
ZombieSmash
mSecure - Password Manager
MASS EFFECTâ„¢ INFILTRATOR
Dragon, Fly! Full

9/27 Apps:
World of Goo
Color & Draw for Kids phone ed
Color & Draw for Kids HD
FIFA 12
Mini Motor Racing
Dungeon Village
Shark Dash
Cut the Rope Experiments
Flick Nations Rugby
Paper Camera
SketchBook Mobile
doubleTwist Alarm Clock
The Going to Bed Book - Boynton

9/26 apps:
Angry Birds Space Premium
Asphalt 7: Heat
Clouds & Sheep Premium
Draw Something
Granny Smith
Let's Create! Pottery
NFL Kicker 13
Ocean HD
OfficeSuite Pro 6 + (PDF & HD)
runtastic PRO
Sudoku
Symphony of Eternity
Tasks
The Cat in the Hat - Dr. Seuss
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm new to google play, do the games and apps work on a PC or just on phones or tablets?

FrugalFreak said:   I'm new to google play, do the games and apps work on a PC or just on phones or tablets?
They only work on Android devices (phones and tablets) that have Google Play.

Page is up:
Top Apps for 25

nm

Is a separate license required for each device? Can an app be transferred to another device (uninstall from one device and install on another)?

FutureDilemma said:   Is a separate license required for each device? Can an app be transferred to another device (uninstall from one device and install on another)?
As long as you own all of them and have your google account on all of them, you can install and run the apps on multiple devices.

This is great!!! I remember the $0.10 sale and stocked up on some super primo apps then and was wondering when we would get another sale like that one.

App list photo uploaded into Member Summary.

Don't see anything that would correspond to the 25-Billion Celebration in books, albums, or movies. Anyone found those links?

phermat said:   App list photo uploaded into Member Summary.

Don't see anything that would correspond to the 25-Billion Celebration in books, albums, or movies. Anyone found those links?

It's probably forthcoming. The news on the .25 apps broke and it took a few hours before Google put up the page.

I can't find an online link, but the books are listed on the Play Store on my mobile. Includes a lot of modern classics: Prince of Tides, Rosemary's Baby, Exodus, Sophie's Choice, Boy's Life, Candy, From Here to Eternity, Fear of Flying, Sex and the Single Girl, Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye, Essays in Humanism, A Sport and a Pastime, Confessions of Nat Turner, The Werewolf of Paris, Citizen Tom Paine, God's Little Acre, The Terrorist, Being and Nothingness, Always Running, The Bastard, Gentleman's Agreement, The Drowning of Stephan Jones, The Black Book, The Confessions of Nat Turner ... I think that's it.

The magazine and movie links are also showing on my mobile but alas, my boss wants me to work. Doh!

Damn, was hoping the albums would be 25 cents. Good deals though!

Thanks, got 4 of these. there is a full, extended list over on the 'OTHER' site - s d

Amazon price matched most things back when Goolge had the .10 sale. So, if you are invested in the Amazon ecosystem, it might be worth your time to double-check the prices over there.

Link to the music.

Unfortunately, not .10 like last time.

got a few.

eajohnst said:   Amazon price matched most things back when Goolge had the .10 sale. So, if you are invested in the Amazon ecosystem, it might be worth your time to double-check the prices over there.

Spot-checked around but nothing so far. I'm sure Amazon will move on it later though.

Anyone else find the list of "must-own movies" a little baffling? Seems like Google might've put a signup sheet in the lunchroom or something.

The books are a little more defensible, though as YA classics go, Bette Greene's "Summer of My German Soldier" is about 100x better than her "The Drowning of Stephan Jones" and is one of the most-banned YA novels of all time (since this list is meant to be based on banned books). Looking on Amazon, "The Terrorist" is the lowest-rated of all Caroline Cooney's books (and seems to have been "banned" mostly because it was ignorant and pretty mindlessly hateful... in other words, bad.) She's never been in the ranks of "classic" writers AFAIK. So including those two is ... weird.

BenUrsa said:   25 Movies
Not a single one of those is .25

Am I missing something?

eajohnst said:   Amazon price matched most things back when Goolge had the .10 sale. So, if you are invested in the Amazon ecosystem, it might be worth your time to double-check the prices over there.

Is there any advantage at all to buying apps from Amazon instead of Google? Google give you updates more quickly and with less copy protection hassle.

johnny98 said:   eajohnst said:   Amazon price matched most things back when Goolge had the .10 sale. So, if you are invested in the Amazon ecosystem, it might be worth your time to double-check the prices over there.

Is there any advantage at all to buying apps from Amazon instead of Google? Google give you updates more quickly and with less copy protection hassle.

Less copy protection hassle?

One small thing I like about Amazon is that you can buy an app, but not download it to your device. Makes hoarding easier. Google automatically deploys the app to your device after purchase from a PC.

manly said:   

Try uninstalling the Amazon app on your device - all your Amazon installed apps will suddenly stop working and need to be reinstalled. Also, if you clean up your device and wipe the Amazon Cache, all Amazon apps stop working.

The apps/games @ 25 cents, awesome. The books @ 99 cents, not bad. But the music @ 3.99, boo and hiss. Then comes the movies. I saw the Lorax 3.99 and was like well maybe, it would get played more than once at least. Clicked on it and $$%^# blank blank $%^$#% what? Rental is 3.99 and the BUY price was 11.99! 11.99 to "buy" a DRMed file, are they insane?

Not to mention that selection of titles across all formats is strange at best. Seems more like the 25 titles we wish someone would buy...

Green for the OP for the early heads up!

manly said:   johnny98 said:   eajohnst said:   Amazon price matched most things back when Goolge had the .10 sale. So, if you are invested in the Amazon ecosystem, it might be worth your time to double-check the prices over there.

One small thing I like about Amazon is that you can buy an app, but not download it to your device. Makes hoarding easier. Google automatically deploys the app to your device after purchase from a PC.

Amazon inserts copy protection into every app they sell and you need to have the Amazon marketplace running on your device to validate the copy protection before the app will run.

johnny98 said:   Amazon inserts copy protection into every app they sell and you need to have the Amazon marketplace running on your device to validate the copy protection before the app will run.
That's true of Google Play as well.
http://developer.android.com/guide/google/play/licensing/index.h...

The difference is that most people get devices with Google Play already installed, while many people install Amazon's Appstore after the fact. So Google Play isn't removable, so people don't notice the DRM.

If you have a Kindle Fire, getting the apps through Amazon may be better as you can share them between the Fire and your phone.

The nice thing with Amazon is you can install it on all your devices in the family and not have your gmail linked to them all also. Buy an app once and put it on your tablet, phone, kids tablet etc.

scoobydooby said:   manly said:   

Try uninstalling the Amazon app on your device - all your Amazon installed apps will suddenly stop working and need to be reinstalled. Also, if you clean up your device and wipe the Amazon Cache, all Amazon apps stop working.

maybe for apps, but not music.

Know what I just realized? I would buy ten times as many apps at 25 cents than I ever did at $1.00. Odd but in my mind 25 cents is nothing but $1 feels like something.

eajohnst said:   Link to the music.

Unfortunately, not .10 like last time.

Good to see Patsy Cline and Snoop Dogg (or is that Lion) on the same sale.

Runtastic Pro for $.25 is ridiculously cool.

It looks like Amazon hasn't PM'd the book prices. Guess I'm buying from google and stripping the DRM to move them to my Kindle. I don't want to run the risk of the price going up before Amazon price matches...

Does google play run on Playbook?

sheriffabc said:   Does google play run on Playbook?
Google play only "runs" on Android devices. Chances are if you just asked this question, you haven't reverse-engineered Android to run on your Playbook.

So no, Google Play doesn't run on the Blackberry Operating System.

just bought nexus 7

that 25$ credit is handy now!

For some reason, I find myself hesitating on some apps yet I spent $20 on lunch today without thinking twice. Doesn't make much sense, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

Weird.

Thanks op

Skipping 55 Messages...
last day of sale....grab it while you can

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.