• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
coolbreeze said:   For some reason, I find myself hesitating on some apps yet I spent $20 on lunch today without thinking twice. Doesn't make much sense, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

Weird.

Huh? Makes perfect sense.
I'm pretty sure most of the planet agree that food is more important than Angry Birds.

b534202 said:   coolbreeze said:   For some reason, I find myself hesitating on some apps yet I spent $20 on lunch today without thinking twice. Doesn't make much sense, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

Weird.

I'm pretty sure most of the planet agree that food is more important than Angry Birds.

That is what I thought too, then I said, its only $0.25, F-IT!

b534202 said:   coolbreeze said:   For some reason, I find myself hesitating on some apps yet I spent $20 on lunch today without thinking twice. Doesn't make much sense, but I'm sure I'm not alone.

Weird.

That's probably why runtastic PRO is on sale too...

VoR said:   The nice thing with Amazon is you can install it on all your devices in the family and not have your gmail linked to them all also. Buy an app once and put it on your tablet, phone, kids tablet etc.

You can do the same with Google Play. You can sign in, download, install, sign out...done.

Toddler said:   VoR said:   The nice thing with Amazon is you can install it on all your devices in the family and not have your gmail linked to them all also. Buy an app once and put it on your tablet, phone, kids tablet etc.

You can do the same with Google Play. You can sign in, download, install, sign out...done.

except for the gmail linked part of it.

Toddler said:   VoR said:   The nice thing with Amazon is you can install it on all your devices in the family and not have your gmail linked to them all also. Buy an app once and put it on your tablet, phone, kids tablet etc.

If sign out then sign back in using another Gmail account will the install app continue to work?

TrueDee said:   Toddler said:   VoR said:   The nice thing with Amazon is you can install it on all your devices in the family and not have your gmail linked to them all also. Buy an app once and put it on your tablet, phone, kids tablet etc.

If sign out then sign back in using another Gmail account will the install app continue to work?

For Android, you can add as many accounts to the device as you want and you can sync whatever you want for different google account. Meaning you can add one account just for backup, another account (or multiple accounts) just to sync gmail (and/or calender, etc), another for google play, etc.
As long as your device's Google Play is setup to use the google account that purchased the app, then those app will work.

I hear it first time. Google play,I will try it. thanks

01.Your post must contain letters or
numbers. Your message is
currently:

Any idea if the apps on sale are going to change during the week? The promo banner shows some apps that are not included (yet). Last time, they had a new batch every day...

scoobydooby said:   Any idea if the apps on sale are going to change during the week? The promo banner shows some apps that are not included (yet). Last time, they had a new batch every day...
The blog post says "every day you’ll be able to choose from a collection of apps from some of the world’s top developers..." so it certainly does sound like they'll change. I'd expect the new list to be posted around noon, same as yesterday.

cyfan said:   Know what I just realized? I would buy ten times as many apps at 25 cents than I ever did at $1.00. Odd but in my mind 25 cents is nothing but $1 feels like something.

LOL...$1 is pocket change....that's why a lot of apps are 99 cents...

Google Play is celebrating 25 Billion downloads with a $.25 sale on games as well as 'a curated collection of 25 must-own movies. sounds terrific!

I see that on Amazoon the .25 app purchase qualifies you to get $1 off an MP# file too! RuntasticPRO is the one I saw that on.

Great day! Got Asphalt 7, Symphony of Eternity, OfficeSuitePro 6 and an MP3 song for a total of 75 cents.

Weird.

LOL yea! And I also look for the free version of the app, if there's any, and try that first.

Please update the Wiki when the 25 cent albums come up

Edit: crap, read it wrong, it's 25 albums for $3.99 LOL

9/27 apps are up

new 9/27app sale:
cut the rope: experiments
FIFA 12
flick nationals rugby
World of Goo
Paper Camera
The Going to Bed Book-Boynton
Dungeon Village
Mini Motor Racing
SketchBook Mobile
doubleTwist Alarm Clock
Shark Dash
Color & Draw for Kids HD

msrazzle said:   9/27 apps are up
Here's the updated list:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_celebrat...

World of Goo
Color & Draw for Kids phone ed
Color & Draw for Kids HD
FIFA 12
Mini Motor Racing
Dungeon Village
Shark Dash
Cut the Rope Experiments
Flick Nations Rugby
Paper Camera
SketchBook Mobile
doubleTwist Alarm Clock
The Going to Bed Book - Boynton

I haven't been on google play in a while, I was dismayed to log in and find out Google now shows me every lousy app I've ever downloaded in my list of apps, and that I can't get rid of them.

Makes me reluctant to add to the clutter and buy apps, even at .25. I hate the fact if I don't like the app it's going to stick around on my account forever like herpes.

Got Paper Camera!

outtawhack said:   I haven't been on google play in a while, I was dismayed to log in and find out Google now shows me every lousy app I've ever downloaded in my list of apps, and that I can't get rid of them.

Makes me reluctant to add to the clutter and buy apps, even at .25. I hate the fact if I don't like the app it's going to stick around on my account forever like herpes.

It takes me a week sometimes to update or download apps through Amazon. I think that the more apps you have purchased, the slower it gets. Either that, or it's just a pain for everyone...

OfficeSuite Pro 6 coming up as 14.99 so I bought from Amazon for .25 instead of Google Play.

riznick said:   outtawhack said:   I haven't been on google play in a while, I was dismayed to log in and find out Google now shows me every lousy app I've ever downloaded in my list of apps, and that I can't get rid of them.

It takes me a week sometimes to update or download apps through Amazon. I think that the more apps you have purchased, the slower it gets. Either that, or it's just a pain for everyone...

I'm not a fan of the huge history of apps I've tried and uninstalled, many now deprecated, but I'll still stick to purchasing apps on Google Play over Amazon. Because Amazon has to approve every app, it can take some extra time to receive an update while it's already avaible in the Play Store. Happened to me with Business Calendar (broke when I upgraded to Jelly Bean). I ended up getting it from the Play Store during the last sale.

danparadox said:   OfficeSuite Pro 6 coming up as 14.99 so I bought from Amazon for .25 instead of Google Play.
Must have JUST gone up. I bought it about 30 minutes ago for $0.25.

Some more:

FrugalFreak said:   I'm new to google play, do the games and apps work on a PC or just on phones or tablets?

I am currently running an Android simulator on my Dell Inspiron 2320 all-in-one touchscreen desktop using Bluestacks onto of Windows 7. I was then able to load Google Market on Bluestacks.

Playing angry birds with 23 inch touchscreen is awesome. Plus the android apps run amazingly fast with my i5 quad-core proc. The only apps that don't work are the ones that rely on tilting/rotating, but that is kind of obvious.

In for World of Goo. I'd get Cut the Rope, but too many negative reviews about the game harassing you for paid content within a paid game.

VicVinegar said:   In for World of Goo. I'd get Cut the Rope, but too many negative reviews about the game harassing you for paid content within a paid game.

Thank you.

If there is ONE feature I wish Google would copy from Apple, it's the "Top In-App Purchases" screen from the Apple app store. Lets me instantly weed out companies that plan to try that stuff.

What takes Google so long to refresh the current daily selection? Are they still in bed?

Sep 28 selection is up. HD Widgets, TuneInRadio Pro, and mSecure are on my phone now.

Full list for 9/28:

Amazing Alex
TuneIn Radio Pro
Temple Run: Brave
HD Widgets
PicSay Pro - Photo Editor
Monsters Ate My Condo
Flick Golf!
ezPDF Reader PDF Annotate Form
Kids ABC Letters
Rebuild
ZombieSmash
mSecure - Password Manager
MASS EFFECT™ INFILTRATOR
Dragon, Fly! Full

Hmmm. Sucks that I can't purchase Mass Effect Infiltrator because neither of my current android devices will handle it. I'm getting a larger tablet in the near future, but it won't allow a purchase if it does not work on a current device. Amazon does not seem to even have the Infiltrator app at all.

Have wasted an hour on Sudoku from the first sale, so it's worth 25 cents. Just got a few more...makes me glad I picked S3 over Iphone 5.

kriskos4 said:   Have wasted an hour on Sudoku from the first sale, so it's worth 25 cents. Just got a few more...makes me glad I picked S3 over Iphone 5.
There's plenty of sales on iOS apps. I've picked up plenty of pay iOS apps for free or cheap. iPhone technically has the edge here, as developers for iOS can drop their apps price to free temporarily and then raise it again, while on Google Play if a developer marks their game as free, it's free forever, there's no raising the price back later. So iOS users see a lot of apps go free for short periods of time, while the best a developer on Google Play can do is temporarily drop to $0.99 (outside of special Google promotions like these).

I have a Galaxy S III phone as well, and I'm loving this sale. But this sale isn't a great reason to go Android over iOS.

coolbreeze said:   Flight SIM Xplane free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.laminarresearc...

This seems unreleated to the sale, and is a permanent price drop (previously was $2.99). The game does have in-app purchases for additional planes and scenery.
http://www.appbrain.com/app/x-plane-9/com.laminarresearch.xplane...

Quick and easy way to see which ones Amazon has pricematched:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_36_7?rh=n%3A2350149011&low-p...

marsilies said:   kriskos4 said:   

coolbreeze said:   Flight SIM Xplane free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.laminarresearc...

This seems unreleated to the sale, and is a permanent price drop (previously was $2.99). The game does have in-app purchases for additional planes and scenery.
http://www.appbrain.com/app/x-plane-9/com.laminarresearch.xplane...

Yeah, probably a way to skirt the patent troll lawsuit:

http://www.x-plane.com/x-world/lawsuit/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014