• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?StoreID=2278456...

Hilites:
[url]http://www.staples.com/HP-ENVY-6-1010us-156-Sleekbook/product_93...[/url]

HP ENVY (live 9/30)

$399.90
$659.99 - $210 instant savings - $50 easy rebate = $399.90

Save $300

was $699.99

Valid September 30 - October 6

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HP Envy
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
FWIW, "September Rewards will be issued on, or around, October 18."

mathfaster (Oct. 03, 2012 @ 12:36p) |

That seems awfully late based on their recent schedule. I think that's probably just what they tell people but I would e... (more)

billrubin (Oct. 04, 2012 @ 3:46p) |

I agree they may come out earlier based on past history. In fact I want them to come out earlier next week. Rewards is n... (more)

mathfaster (Oct. 04, 2012 @ 3:54p) |

• Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$10/50 Breakroom
Disclaimer
PRINTABLE $10 off $50 Breakroom

The ad for 10/7 should be much better for Columbus Day Deals. The past few years, Staples had some decent deals including FAR items for the holiday weekend. I guess we have to wait and see.

Jasonlh1 said:   The ad for 10/7 should be much better for Columbus Day Deals. The past few years, Staples had some decent deals including FAR items for the holiday weekend. I guess we have to wait and see.

while there aren't any far deals next week (although, the paper coupon from this week should still scan on Sun/Mon of next week, and they may issue another coupon next week), the laptop deals are very impressive if you need one.

There are some deals on TP/Paper towels in the add, combined with maybe finding some clearance KCups, one may be able to make decent use of the $10/50 BR coupon, which will be valid online too, hopefully some good online sales showing up on Sunday.

As screen goes, the Envy is only a 1366x768, and the Acer is unknown (it doesn't even state on Acer's page), so I guess that is also 1366x768.
The Toshiba is 1600x900, but is it a 17" screen. Really, can't they make a decent resolution screen? Must we spend $1000+ to get one?

zklopman said:   Really, can't they make a decent resolution screen?They can.
zklopman said:   Must we spend $1000+ to get one?Yes.

aarzi said:   zklopman said:   Really, can't they make a decent resolution screen?They can.
zklopman said:   Must we spend $1000+ to get one?Yes.

Ya ought to know simple good O'l saying.... you get what you pay for, eh?

Yup. That good ol' sayin' is good!

zklopman said:   As screen goes, the Envy is only a 1366x768, and the Acer is unknown (it doesn't even state on Acer's page), so I guess that is also 1366x768.
The Toshiba is 1600x900, but is it a 17" screen. Really, can't they make a decent resolution screen? Must we spend $1000+ to get one?

I am waiting for these higher res laptops to come down (I'm sure I'll be waiting for awhile). Its peculiar that they are able to pack HD res into a smartphone at a reasonable price, but not in a laptop (yet). Bigger panel=higher price I guess.

The previous week's coupon on the paper ream should scan fine at least Sunday and Monday, making the reams of paper free after rebate.
http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBQYVZ1B7SHGCB8uPohCYYDJpTq/...

metsfan said:   The previous week's coupon on the paper ream should scan fine at least Sunday and Monday, making the reams of paper free after rebate.

haven't checked, is it the same exact SKU for next week?

LOL It'll Blowout before the warranty expires or day after a year if you buy.

MISTERCHEAP said:   metsfan said:   The previous week's coupon on the paper ream should scan fine at least Sunday and Monday, making the reams of paper free after rebate.

haven't checked, is it the same exact SKU for next week?

Yep. 513099.

asus a8 15.6 inch is us 400 at bestbuy, much better deal, with hdmi and usb 3

model? link?

pete777 said:   asus a8 15.6 inch is us 400 at bestbuy, much better deal, with hdmi and usb 3

zklopman said:   As screen goes, the Envy is only a 1366x768, and the Acer is unknown (it doesn't even state on Acer's page), so I guess that is also 1366x768.

Which is why I'm still holding onto my old 17" Gateway laptop with the gorgeous 1080p screen that I only paid $600 for about 4 years ago. There's no reason good screens should demand such a premium. It made sense that they were more expensive years ago, but it seems like the premium is even more expensive than it used to be...

pete777 said:   asus a8 15.6 inch is us 400 at bestbuy, much better deal, with hdmi and usb 3

After all of the nightmare HP's I have dealt with in the last few years(PC technician)... I would completely agree any ASUS would be a better buy.

HP really has become crappy in the last 5 years. Can't even tell you how many dead DVxxxx laptops I have filling my closet

leprechanmonkie said:   pete777 said:   asus a8 15.6 inch is us 400 at bestbuy, much better deal, with hdmi and usb 3

After all of the nightmare HP's I have dealt with in the last few years(PC technician)... I would completely agree any ASUS would be a better buy.

HP really has become crappy in the last 5 years. Can't even tell you how many dead DVxxxx laptops I have filling my closet

Are these high-end or low end HP's? With Dell my understanding is the more expensive laptops are the better laptops. No clue on HP high-end.

Right now you can get a 1600x900 XPS 14 Ultrabook for about $670 in the Dell Outlet with code "F8ZQD8K7Q6RH9Z" for 25% off.

My experience with HPs has always been good and Dell, well no luck what so ever except for an 11 yr old desktop. Now, I do not usually have my laptops for more than two years because of a tech change or a need change and because I am crazy like that. I will say the best laptop Ive had build wise has been a Lenovo. Just my .02 which may not be worth that much to you.

mathfaster said:   leprechanmonkie said:   pete777 said:   asus a8 15.6 inch is us 400 at bestbuy, much better deal, with hdmi and usb 3

Are these high-end or low end HP's? With Dell my understanding is the more expensive laptops are the better laptops. No clue on HP high-end.

They're not high end, more like low to mid. The HP Envy is an interesting one. It's an ultra light weight with an A6 processor. $400 is a good price if you're in the market for something with a slim profile; however, the 17Watt A6 they use is designed specifically for ULW laptops and is substantially slower than the A6 they use in standard laptops. Intel has better processors for ULWs, but you're getting a good value for your dollar here at $400. I'm not all too sure what the build quality is inside on the Envy.

The other HP laptops are your typical lower end HP build quality, though. They're also not far off from your average FW deal on a similar laptop. At these prices, I'd probably wait for a Lenovo deal to pop up unless you're interested in the Envy.

ProppaT said:   mathfaster said:   leprechanmonkie said:   pete777 said:   asus a8 15.6 inch is us 400 at bestbuy, much better deal, with hdmi and usb 3

They're not high end, more like low to mid. The HP Envy is an interesting one. It's an ultra light weight with an A6 processor. $400 is a good price if you're in the market for something with a slim profile; however, the 17Watt A6 they use is designed specifically for ULW laptops and is substantially slower than the A6 they use in standard laptops. Intel has better processors for ULWs, but you're getting a good value for your dollar here at $400. I'm not all too sure what the build quality is inside on the Envy.

The other HP laptops are your typical lower end HP build quality, though. They're also not far off from your average FW deal on a similar laptop. At these prices, I'd probably wait for a Lenovo deal to pop up unless you're interested in the Envy.

Thanks. I was trying to elicit from pete777 if their experience with bad HP's was for low-end or high-end laptops. Should have phrased my question better. Asus had/has a reputation for making decent PCs unlike Acer although ASUS is the mfg of the Nexus 7 tablet which has some quality issues. Having formerly worked for IBM I have used nothing but IBM/Lenovo laptops the last few years. You used to be able to count on the fan dying after a few years on the T40 series laptops. The SO's firm having gone through Dell laptops and maybe some other mfgs in past years uses nothing but Lenovo Thinkpad laptops these days.

leprechanmonkie said:   pete777 said:   asus a8 15.6 inch is us 400 at bestbuy, much better deal, with hdmi and usb 3

YEP! any need to be re-tattooed the UUID and serial but cost too much even though they still turn on?

Sister's DVD drive failed right at 13 months, hard drive failed at 9 months, screen issues, motherboard issues, it's ridiculous. Sisters was a dv6809wm. HP needs to quit making them for wally world if they can't make them last at least two years.

Oh wow , wish I hadn't read this. Just picked up the Acer timeline 4810, glad I didn't open it yet. But I was mainly going to use Adobe Master suite on it, but I really like this laptop's thinness, and 15.6" @ 1366 may be better for my old eyes.... Any thoughts ??

mathfaster said:   Thanks. I was trying to elicit from pete777 if their experience with bad HP's was for low-end or high-end laptops. Should have phrased my question better. Asus had/has a reputation for making decent PCs unlike Acer although ASUS is the mfg of the Nexus 7 tablet which has some quality issues. Having formerly worked for IBM I have used nothing but IBM/Lenovo laptops the last few years. You used to be able to count on the fan dying after a few years on the T40 series laptops. The SO's firm having gone through Dell laptops and maybe some other mfgs in past years uses nothing but Lenovo Thinkpad laptops these days.The bad laptops were both high end and low end. I paid about $850 for my dv9000 that had a faulty integrated video card (which couldn't be properly repaired). HP never told me about the defective part and refused to replace it after the warranty was up. My laptop lasted a year and a half before becoming a brick. Then HP owners got screwed again by NVIDIA and Milberg LLP (http://fairnvidiasettlement.com/) who offered us a $199 POS replacement laptop.

Never mind, misread the specs.

The Lenovo Z585 at Fry's this week is a much better deal. A10 > A6, and only about a pound more weight, plus a 750 GB HDD and 6 GB RAM. Only $79 more.

The two links in the OP don't match. They are both item # 932133, but they are different models.

asuka said:   Never mind, misread the specs.

The Lenovo Z585 at Fry's this week is a much better deal. A10 > A6, and only about a pound more weight, plus a 750 GB HDD and 6 GB RAM. Only $79 more.

I believe the one that Fry's has on sale is an A8. They have an A10 as well, but it doesn't appear to be on sale.

anybody have a link to the rebate? The link on the Staples website takes you to their rebate home page. I don't see a $50 rebate listed for anything....

davidali said:   anybody have a link to the rebate? The link on the Staples website takes you to their rebate home page. I don't see a $50 rebate listed for anything....

it will be up later. rebate is valid, don't worry about it.

Free Paper Today YMMV
Looks like this weeks ream paper on sale will match with coupon expiring yesterday - for those who can scan today, yeah! Item no. 513099 Limit 4 rebates per household

6.99 on sale
-3.99 coupon expiring 9/29 but scans (limit 2 per customer)
-3.00 rebate
$0 only pay tax (but get 10% paper rewards so free)

link to expired coupon here

MISTERCHEAP said:   davidali said:   anybody have a link to the rebate? The link on the Staples website takes you to their rebate home page. I don't see a $50 rebate listed for anything....

it will be up later. rebate is valid, don't worry about it.

Staples rebate center makes it hard to find a rebate when there are multiple pages behind the scenes and only 1 of 10 is displayed. You have to know the trick. Or just search by sku.

ETA: Ever want to know all the current rebates available? Put an "e" in the search box for "search by product keyword". Should get most if not all current rebates in effect. Search takes awhile but works pretty well. Found out today there are a lot of Swingline staplers with rebates. A rebate I don't think I have seen in an weekly ad.

Product: Staples Multipurpose Paper 8.5 x 11 Inch Ream
Rebate reward: $3.00 Check

Purchase dates: 09-30-2012 through 10-06-2012
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: $3 Rebate on a Staples Multipurpose Paper 8.5 x 11 inch Ream (SKU 513099) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Offer
Number: 12-21684

I also had a DV9000 that ran flawless!, Just had to be sure to keep the fans clean and use a cooler mat! Recently though, Alot of HP's are being sold as refurbed at Costco, which leads me to believe lots of returns of HP laptops.

This is a great deal for the HP laptop over the Asus and Lenovo due to the fact it is a sleekbook, not really a laptop. Great for those who want a lightweight, cool looking laptop over the clunky looking regular laptops! My wife loves it! Which I got it with the backlit keyboard though.

I tried to use the expired paper ream coupon yesterday and the cashier refused to take it (even though I am positive it would have scanned).

MrVietnam said:   I tried to use the expired paper ream coupon yesterday and the cashier refused to take it (even though I am positive it would have scanned).That sucks. I was going to try it today. Here's the link the PDF file from last week's thread, since the link to the coupon at the Staples site is no longer working.

http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/209614_2012_09_25_st...

MrVietnam said:   I tried to use the expired paper ream coupon yesterday and the cashier refused to take it (even though I am positive it would have scanned).

I thought their "official" policy was to accept these 2-3 days past expiration. it was posted once way back when, almost certain, but could be mistaken.

MISTERCHEAP said:   MrVietnam said:   I tried to use the expired paper ream coupon yesterday and the cashier refused to take it (even though I am positive it would have scanned).

I thought their "official" policy was to accept these 2-3 days past expiration. it was posted once way back when, almost certain, but could be mistaken.

Here is the post by Bluerib: www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1024179/

zmaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   MrVietnam said:   I tried to use the expired paper ream coupon yesterday and the cashier refused to take it (even though I am positive it would have scanned).

Here is the post by Bluerib: www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1024179/

awesome zmaster! good job.

Skipping 12 Messages...
billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   FWIW, "September Rewards will be issued on, or around, October 18."That seems awfully late based on their recent schedule. I think that's probably just what they tell people but I would expect them to be out early that week, and probably sooner.I agree they may come out earlier based on past history. In fact I want them to come out earlier next week. Rewards is not always right on the issuance date but for the last couple of months they have been dead on as to date of issuance when I have contacted them. We will know early Tuesday morning (EST) if they are right or not.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014