• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Excellent price for a nice unit, but no map updates, and only 12 months of the Live service, part of this is the Traffic. At this price, almost a disposable unit. After a year it is still useable, but looses some functionality.

TomTom support blows and they are militant about NOT providing map updates.

Portable GPS (stand alone) units are biting it because most smartphones do the job (and are inherenetly updated on a regular basis). Handheld point-n'-shoot cameras are in the same boat. That's why the prices on both have fallen like a stone.

If you do want a dedicated unit such as this, consider a unit with lifetime map updates.

Now, having said all that, I bought a 130S many moons ago for $76 refurbed and it still provides me lots of utility and gets me where I want to go (haven't had a map updates for about 3 years or so)...

This is a nice deal!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014