Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Front (70.20kB)
Disclaimer
AOC 27" IPS monitor
1920x1080 resolution (a bit on the low side but not horrible)
50,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (whatever that means)
2xHDMI
1xVGA
Built-in speakers
Brushed metal accents
Edge-to-edge "glass" (not sure if its real glass or not so I put it in italics)

Price currently $269.99

Link

Thats a heck of a good price for an LCD monitor with an IPS panel.

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

monitor (21.50kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

It's not available anywhere, it seems. Checked three large metropolitan areas, and all of them are out of stock?

Hmm, the monitor was just released so it could be supply issues. I know its available at the Mission Valley store in San Diego. Also available at the Mall St. Mathews store in Louisville, KY (my home state which is why I checked).

None available in or near the Pittsburgh area.
This is the closest for you Ohio deal hunters........

CANTON OH
6595 STRIP AVE NW , NORTH CANTON , OH 44720

I love the idea of the super-slim bezel, but no VESA mounting holes???

1080p on a 27" monitor? That's got to be hideous. What is wrong with these manufacturers?

parquedematthew said:   1080p on a 27" monitor? That's got to be hideous. What is wrong with these manufacturers? I agree. All non-IPS 27 monitors I've come across are 1080p (blegh!). This is the first IPS 27" I've seen that's not 2560x1440+

parquedematthew said:   1080p on a 27" monitor? That's got to be hideous. What is wrong with these manufacturers?

Consumer demand. Most consumers aren't prosumers and want to watch Blu-ray's at 1:1 pixel 1080p. Going higher resolution makes movies look worse.

If you have the money for a retina display, great, use a 1080p as a second monitor.

I'd be in for one, but I prefer matte over glass.

1080p is a standard TV resolution. I wonder if these might be 27" IPS-panels that would have been used in TVs. Not sure on that but its a possibility.

pretty sure this is supposed to be matte and not glass....

I am all for IPS displays ... but those made by IOC, not so much.

parquedematthew said:   1080p on a 27" monitor? That's got to be hideous. What is wrong with these manufacturers?

It's quite nice for those who want a large screen, but don't want to squint to read.

1920x1080 is fine for a 27inch but I wouldn't personally want to go any higher on a 27 with that reso, but I purchased the Planar PX2710MW on the Dell deal and I LOVE it...

Nice... showing $299.99? Is this B&M only?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014