• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

This one is for a $26 rebate on one 5qt bottle OR five 1qt bottles.

Time for more free oil.

EDIT: Promo was extended through Thanksgiving (11/24/12)

Member Summary

G-Oil (164.48kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
got my check yesterday, took a while, but it paid off (haven't used the oil yet though)

kenny1773 (Jan. 09, 2013 @ 3:22p) |

Just got my check a few days ago. Just when I was worried it was not coming bam what a surprise! I mailed it back in Oct... (more)

drtxb (Jan. 10, 2013 @ 12:19a) |

Got both my checks from this promo last week. This makes 8 for 8.

Zuke76 (Feb. 03, 2013 @ 12:14p) |

Note the rebates are no longer going to Scottsdale, AZ, but Celebration, FL. Also there is no online tracking, you have to email or call. Looks like they may have gone to doing rebates in-house.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yeah, more free oil!

Thanks, I've received all the previous rebates so far.

My WalMart sells out each time this shows up.

I like the five 1qt bottles because its easier to pour if you have a vehicle that only uses 4.5 qts, but the price of five 1qt bottles is $32.15 compared to the $26 for the 5qt jug. So the 5qt jug is the better deal..

Also from the last rebate in July I have not received my checks. The website shows "InProcess".

This promotion is using a different way to check the rebate status.

I haven't received my last 2 rebates. And judging on the financial state of the company and the fact that they no longer use a reputable rebate processing company or allow you to track your rebate online, this is a risky deal.

I have also tried calling them to track/get my previous rebates. Left phone messages 6 times, nobody ever calls me back.

Buyer Beware!

GetMaxCashBack said:   I haven't received my last 2 rebates. And judging on the financial state of the company, this is a risky deal. Great, if you get the rebate. Expensive, overrated oil if you don't.

They just mailed my June rebates yesterday, so my July ones should be mailed in a few weeks.

Handled by "Rapid Rebates" ... ha, ha, ha... rapid? I'm at 14 weeks and counting for their "8-10 weeks" in rebate T&C, and my online status that says "4-6 weeks from receipt."

Free is good, but you've got to actually get paid. Fingers crossed, but I don't plan on buying any more until I see the previous one paid out.

I now can say I got all my rebates from G-Oil.

The first rebate I never got and I emailed them several times (they responded each time) and they told me the check would be in the next check run each time. I finally gave up on them, but I did actually receive the check about a year and a half after the original submission.

labboypro said:   Handled by "Rapid Rebates" ... ha, ha, ha... rapid? I'm at 14 weeks and counting for their "8-10 weeks" in rebate T&C, and my online status that says "4-6 weeks from receipt."

Free is good, but you've got to actually get paid. Fingers crossed, but I don't plan on buying any more until I see the previous one paid out.

This time around the rebate says 8-12 weeks. AND they no longer use RapidRebates.com.

I've got two but very slow, took over 3 months

labboypro said:   Handled by "Rapid Rebates" ... ha, ha, ha... rapid? I'm at 14 weeks and counting for their "8-10 weeks" in rebate T&C, and my online status that says "4-6 weeks from receipt."

After the expected period of 10 weeks, don't wait around and cry... Be proactive like vegas4x4 and contact them.

I turned it at least 5 Goil rebates. I got them all. Only one was past due, but a courteous email to them got me my late rebate.

thanks im in for 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on when they received my last submission, I should have my rebate check from them between Oct 5th and Oct 19th. I will wait and make sure I receive my check before purchasing again, but thanks for the heads up OP!

Great! Thanks! works for me

Note the rebates are no longer going to Scottsdale, AZ, but Celebration, FL. Also there is no online tracking, you have to email or call. Looks like they may have gone to doing rebates in-house.

I got my last rebate fine. No Problems.

rgascon said:   labboypro said:   Handled by "Rapid Rebates" ... ha, ha, ha... rapid? I'm at 14 weeks and counting for their "8-10 weeks" in rebate T&C, and my online status that says "4-6 weeks from receipt."

After the expected period of 10 weeks, don't wait around and cry... Be proactive like vegas4x4 and contact them.

I turned it at least 5 Goil rebates. I got them all. Only one was past due, but a courteous email to them got me my late rebate.

Of course. I do many many thousand $$$ in rebates per year. I didn't say I wasn't going to get paid, or that it was a bad deal. I chided rapid rewards for not being very rapid (true). I noted that they are significantly BEYOND their posted T&C for payment. And I stated I'd wait until I got paid on this one before extending myself further on a future one. I guess that warrants red *shrug*

Wonder how long they are going to keep giving away their product. Must be using stimulus money.

VirginiaDC said:   Wonder how long they are going to keep giving away their product. Must be using stimulus money.

Well at least our taxes are being put to good use ... Well free oil is good in my book (well it going to cost me $3 in taxes and postage

I hope it still in stock when I get there.

just a reminder there is a counter on the rebate form, but to play it safe, if you going submit multiple rebate, make sure has a different certificate number

Has anyone out there used the same rebate certificate multiple for multiple rebates?

FullTimeDad said:   Note the rebates are no longer going to Scottsdale, AZ, but Celebration, FL. Also there is no online tracking, you have to email or call. Looks like they may have gone to doing rebates in-house.

This is good, and possibly bad. Rapid-rebates is a mess. But, "in house" rebate programs, in my experience, tend to be worse. Good luck, all.

Ripe off. They don't pay off.

Ive done this a dozen or more times.
Got everyone.
Dot your Is, cross your Ts and write very legibly and you will almost certainly get all of yours too.

My second rebate hasn't been paid in three months; I did receive the first one in about ten weeks. I'll pass.

I have done the rebate once back in March, can I do it again? thanks

Easy to remove the UPC code from bottle or I need to empty the container 1st then cut out the UPC code? Thanks!

I've done this six times (2 rebates three times) and got all rebates without issue. The UPC is fairly easy to remove without piercing the plastic jug.

VirginiaDC said:   I've done this six times (2 rebates three times) and got all rebates without issue. The UPC is fairly easy to remove without piercing the plastic jug.

Same here. Last one shows as mailed two days ago - woohoo! In for another jug.

IVYtony said:   I have done the rebate once back in March, can I do it again? thanks

Yes. As long as its a different promo code on the rebate form you can do it for the same address. Many of us have done it every time they have had a different rebate promo.

Wonder if this is one big Ponzi scheme. They certainly can't sell this oil at $26 per 5 quart jug as no one would buy it considering conventional can be had for half of that. They either have to get the government to force us to buy it or get some sort of tax credits. WalMart stocks it because we buy it, but we only buy it because its free.

Lets not forget there will always be a statistically significant number of people who will fail to apply for the rebate.

I went for it this time (passed on all the previous ones), it seems enough people have actually received their rebates that it is worth a shot. It also seems like this oil is 'good enough' for a typical daily driver using the factory recommended OCI.

I haven't paid for an oil change in a couple of years now

Thanks!

I just mailed my rebate today, my WalMart had about 12 left on the shelf this past Saturday.

I have a 11 year old toyota camry. can I use this for it? typically it is not recommended to use synthetic oil for old cars, but my camry's engine often has this engine oil gel problem. maybe this g-oil can take some of the gel out of the engine? any comments are welcome. Thanks.

qqzj said:   I have a 11 year old toyota camry. can I use this for it? typically it is not recommended to use synthetic oil for old cars, but my camry's engine often has this engine oil gel problem. maybe this g-oil can take some of the gel out of the engine? any comments are welcome. Thanks.

This should be fine for an 11 year old camry

If you want to fix what you call the 'gel' problem

Use this product http://www.auto-rx.com/

Follow the directions with auto-rx EXACTLY, even using the cheap WalMart supertech oil and filters for the flush cycles, then put the G-Oil in at the end of the process, that will help your camry tremendously. I had two friends with similar Camry's do this and it helped a lot.

GetMaxCashBack said:   I haven't received my last 2 rebates. ....

Buyer Beware!

I have received everyone I ever submitted. Takes a little while, but they've always shown up

qqzj said:   I have a 11 year old toyota camry. can I use this for it? typically it is not recommended to use synthetic oil for old cars, but my camry's engine often has this engine oil gel problem. maybe this g-oil can take some of the gel out of the engine? any comments are welcome. Thanks.

I would check with a Toyota forum, make a plan, and review it with the folks on that forum. The gel/sludge issue is pretty severe and stakes are high. I suspect that it's a bad idea to loosen a large buildup of sludge and let it circulate, it might be appropriate to take off the oil pan or at least stick a borescope in and inspect it. (BTW you can get a USB borescope on eBay for about twenty bucks, search for endoscope. There's a video on Youtube from one, the guy wasn't too satisfied with it because it's too zoomed in but he does have a much more expensive one already.)

My parents lost a Lexus V6 to sludge.

I guess I will be buying my second jug. I just checked the status on the last rebate I submitted, and it was just mailed out. Took it the full 10 weeks to be mailed out, but I should receive it nonetheless.

Just got this today and sent it out, will let you know when and if I get the rebate check. Did one of these maybe a year ago, got my checks. Thanks for posting this deal.

Just got my rebates from this spring's promo and the summerime one is showing mailed as of 10/15. I will try it again. This will be my 6th free bottle if it works out. The way I look at it is, even if I never get my check I still haven't paid for oil in almost 3 years.

Also it looks like this promo is going in house. IIRC a few years ago when they first did this rebate it was all in house and they sent me G-Oil decals back with the check..

Skipping 18 Messages...
Got both my checks from this promo last week. This makes 8 for 8.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014