• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/used-concealable-ballistic...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/used-concealable-ballistic...

Description:
Check below link for the best coupon for your order amount - FOUND: a surplus Cache of American Border Patrol Ballistic vests in superb condition! These are perfect for collectors, re-creators and historians. Slim construction means each is perfect for wearing under a shirt or jacket. However, take note: these Vests are being made available only as collectibles. They are in good shape, but are used, and therefore cannot be certified for any true tactical protection. Adjustable grip-strip / elastic side panels allow for custom-feel fit. Choose from one of 3 grades.

A Starting at
Buyer's Club
$98.99
Non-Member $109.99

B Starting at
Buyer's Club
$71.99
Non-Member $79.99

C Starting at
Buyer's Club
$53.99
Non-Member $59.99

Coupon Code: SGRETAIL10 $16.75 off $125

Coupon Code: SPGDEAL10$20 off $150

Coupon Code: SH424Free Shipping on orders $75 or more

Thanks Mark

Member Summary

vest
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I think I might acquire one for riding my additional protection while riding my motorcycle; don't care if it stops bulle... (more)

dzer0 (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 7:04a) |

Well! I got my vest today. According to the dataplate on the carrier(the vest just 'carries' the bulletproof material... (more)

johnny1290 (Nov. 02, 2012 @ 7:16a) |

Johnny 1290: is there room for hard plates?

mjamesonsrf (Jan. 17, 2013 @ 1:52p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Someone thinks they might get shot and they decide to purchase a "Grade C" ballistic vest? I can't think of a better example of false economy.

Yeah, yeah I know - collector's item only. Right.

When it comes to various forms of protection......used is something I steer clear of.

respdoc said:   When it comes to various forms of protection......used is something I steer clear of.

That's precisely the parallel I was trying to think of! Ha!

a used bullet proof vest is like a refurbished computer - it won't EVER be the same as a new one

"must be member to order"

excx said:   "must be member to order"

In my title I posted the Non-Member prices

You may want to call

If I had money, I would test these.

does it have a lifetime guarantee ?

probably past the 5 or 6 year material expiration date so the kevlar may stop a bullet or may not, what a deal.

These are perfect for the times where you might get shot by someone firing used bullets!

I'm a little skeptical of purchasing a ballistic vest which has a tag on the vest that says "THIS IS AN OLD VEST WHICH WILL NOT PROTECT YOU IF YOU ARE SHOT".

Good price for messing around with (as in not trying to wear it for protection, but seeing what will go through it at the range).

Wonder what grade vest these guys bought:

LINK

IamN41 said:   Wonder what grade vest these guys bought:

LINK

Stupid people never cease to amaze me.

LINK

"It's just a flesh wound!"

wore my 2nd chance until the Border Patrol boughts us new vests. Secound chance. Wore it until I retired. Got to keep it and 15 years later tried 38 sp on it and it works fine. Broke the board behind 2-3 inches of folded quilt butdidnt go thru. Would have hurt bad. I still have a balistic plate but not going to shoot at that.

LINK

That could have been a videotaped murder.

I cry for society.

LINK

Because he lived through it, he is still allowed to vote?

Fallout said:   IamN41 said:   Wonder what grade vest these guys bought:

LINK

Because he lived through it, he is still allowed to vote?

if he dies, he can still vote republican

LINK

This video proves Darwin wrong as these 2 go on to reproduce.

coolbreeze said:   IamN41 said:   Wonder what grade vest these guys bought:

LINK

That could have been a videotaped murder.

I cry for society.

No need to cry...not a murder...manslaughter at best.

I have a more reliable method of insuring my personal safety: I don't participate in activities or go anywhere dangerous enough to make body armor a reasonable precaution. Much the same as if I should ever find myself in a haunted house or trapped somewhere with a murderous psychopath roaming around, I will not be suggesting "Hey, let's split up and explore."

lousygolfer said:   I have a more reliable method of insuring my personal safety: I don't participate in activities or go anywhere dangerous enough to make body armor a reasonable precaution. Much the same as if I should ever find myself in a haunted house or trapped somewhere with a murderous psychopath roaming around, I will not be suggesting "Hey, let's split up and explore."

"I'll be right back..."

On the other hand, if your options are A) Buy the used vest for $100; or, B) Don't buy a vest because you don't have the +$500 that a new one costs - I'd choose A. Today I can afford to buy a new vest if I needed one; at other points in my life, not so much. I suspect I would be better off in a used vest if I got shot than without one at all.

I'm in for one. Here's what I've found out, *according to posts on the internet*, so take it for what it's worth. They're supposedly mid 90's Level 2 made by US Armor. http://www.usarmor.com/enforcer-classic.php

I'll report back when I receive it. I've been wanting a bulletproof vest for a long time. I didn't want to pay bulletproofme.com prices, even for the used ones. I've looked at a bunch of tests, personal accounts, youtube vids, and the bulletproofme.com report from DOJ or whoever(can't remember but some agency) that basically vests outside of the epiry date are still functional.

Seeing as I'll never spend more than the $97 shipped this vest cost me(thanks OP!)I'll never know what I'm missing. Then again, if the vest doesn't work, I probably won't get the chance to report back about that either I suspect this will never be worn , and eventually I'll make a youtube vid of shooting it in the desert, with no penetration by *most* handgun caliber ammo.

That Tokarev is a wicked little round, it'll go right through this stuff. 1650 fps is no joke. Big fat .45 is stopped cold. 9 and .40 penetrate more layers. Any of them will put you in a world of hurt, judging by the impact on the clay I saw behind the vest being tested. Ouch.

I think "used" as we normally think of the term doesn't really apply in this case. A used firearm has had many rounds fired through it and there is some concern about the riflings being worn, etc. But a used vest is only used in the sense that someone has put it on and taken it off a certain number of times. It's not like it's been shot at for practice.

I think I might acquire one for riding my additional protection while riding my motorcycle; don't care if it stops bullets then.

Well! I got my vest today. According to the dataplate on the carrier(the vest just 'carries' the bulletproof material, that sits in pouches front and back, more or less. The armor can be put in a new carrier) mine was made in 2003 by US Armor.

I can tell you mine smells a little musty, just like something that's been in a garage or something. Not horrible but I'll shoot it with some deodorizer.

According to a government contract I found online(details below), it's a level II vest, which IMHO is perfect. That means it'll stop most pistol calibers short of a sub machine gun, yet is still thin and lightweight. I wore mine in the office for a few hours and you get used to it. It doesn't cut into the neck when sitting or prevent you from bending at the waist. With a loose fitting shirt most wouldn't notice I was wearing it, except I look like I gained 10 or 20 pounds LOL!

It says all over it won't protect. Based on my internet research of forums and youtube, I think of course it'll stop most pistol rounds. It's only 9 years old, that's nothing. Now, you will *hurt* if shot, but penetration? nah not based on what I've seen anyway.

It's very flexible, came folded in a small box. It's actually a bit shorter than I expected, but they have to leave room for movement. This will clearly cover your vitals. I saw a dr do a powerpoint to medics, he said only 1 in 7 shot with a pistol die from the wound(you probably know but pistols actually are very poor at much of anything but concealability, which is why they're used most often. Rifles are rarely used but more often than not you die. It was amazing how much worse the damage was due to the velocity of the bullet)

Anyway for the few times I may ever wear this for training I'm sure it'll be fine. YMMV. FWIW, I knew a personal security guard that had been shot a couple times and got a new vest from the manufacturer. So in true FW fashion, if you ever got shot using this, see if US Armor will swap you out a new one!

I did a search for the style and got this from a government contract. I couldn't nail down an acquisition price but it was somewhere 3-700 as far as I could tell.

BALLISTIC PANEL SPECIFICATIONS

All ballistic panels shall be constructed of 100% Dupont Kevlar 129 Air Entangled and Honeywell/Allied Signal Gold Flex Fibers for increased softness and flexibility. Each ballistic panel shall be constructed as follows:

Ballistic Material Plies Aerial Density Thickness

KG2-12 & KG2F-13 24 15.6 sq. oz .20

Johnny 1290: is there room for hard plates?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014