• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung 46" 240Hz 1080p LED 3D HDTV with 4 Pair of 3D Glasses and $500 Visa Gift Card @ Paul's TV - $1697.99 after Coupon
compare at $2052.00
Free Shipping!
Expires On: Oct 6, 2012 11:59pm

Coupons
VISA500 - Free $500 Visa gift card with qualifying purchase

This deal also includes free 2-year warranty.

• 46" 1080p LED 3D Display

• 240Hz
  • 25,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio
  • 3 HDMI Inputs
  • 10.9 x 27.2 x 41.2 Inches (w/ stand)

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

UN46ES7500
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for one. lets see if the $500 gift card comes

The fact they want to give the $500 card just indicates they are hoping they do not have to pay off.
They prey you make a mistake so it can be denied (as does all other places)

yesidonoitall said:   The fact they want to give the $500 card just indicates they are hoping they do not have to pay off.

You are such a postive minded person. Thanks for the great outlook on life~

Jeez, some people.

docjoo said:   yesidonoitall said:   The fact they want to give the $500 card just indicates they are hoping they do not have to pay off.

If they (any retailer) really wanted to sell an item at a great price,
why would they require you to do this and that to get that low price....
Surely no body disagrees with my thinking..
>>>>They prey you do make a mistake...

I do many rebates and have always gotten them, so far the max has been $50 for HP laptops,
surely 1000's of them
but never for $500.00

EDIT:
I do not really track when I get them, recently, I got a postcard type letter from HP advising some checks sent were never cashed, and giving me the opportunity to sign that they were not...
The replacements cam with 10 days.....
So at least HP IMO did intend to pay out and have, but what if I have moved, and the request never got to me.

yesidonoitall said:   docjoo said:   yesidonoitall said:   The fact they want to give the $500 card just indicates they are hoping they do not have to pay off.

I do many rebates and have always gotten them, so far the max has been $50 for HP laptops,
surely 1000's of them
but never for $500.00

EDIT:
I do not really track when I get them, recently, I got a postcard type letter from HP advising some checks sent were never cashed, and giving me the opportunity to sign that they were not...
So at least HP IMO did intend to pay out and have, but what if I have moved, and the request never got to me.

You have a very complicated life. If you can't trust, then don't buy items that require a mail-in rebate.

docjoo said:   yesidonoitall said:   docjoo said:   yesidonoitall said:   The fact they want to give the $500 card just indicates they are hoping they do not have to pay off.

surely 1000's of them
but never for $500.00

EDIT:

You have a very complicated life. If you can't trust, then don't buy items that require a mail-in rebate.

Whether retailer or mfg funded rebate, it would be ludicrous to think all are paid out.
It is obvious they are not or the amount would be given up front.
Why pay a middle man to handle them then.

Yes, surely something like no more than 70% are paid out....
Would I trust the $500 one, no.

Now I have had the Fred Meyer store and even Office Depot pay out on the spot if I were rejected more than once...
This would be where the retailer had the rebate as part of his ad, he is responsible to see you get it.

And I do not think we are getting off topic really, because of the high percentage of the rebate here v the OTD price.
I do hope FW gets what I mean.
I wonder if FW will cover the $500 if not paid out.

yesidonoitall said:   docjoo said:   yesidonoitall said:   The fact they want to give the $500 card just indicates they are hoping they do not have to pay off.

surely 1000's of them
but never for $500.00

EDIT:

RED from Deucer, oh well.

BargainhunterYura said:   In for one. lets see if the $500 gift card comes
Is $500 Visa card on top of discounted price of $1697.99? Also, do you have to purchase this tv using Visa?

Yes, they claim its on top of the $1697.99 they mail it 4-6 weeks after you get the TV. I clearly told them when I called to verify that if the card does not arrive I will dispute the entire charge.

BargainhunterYura said:   Yes, they claim its on top of the $1697.99 they mail it 4-6 weeks after you get the TV. I clearly told them when I called to verify that if the card does not arrive I will dispute the entire charge.

While you can dispute any charge for any reason,
has any cc upheld it due to a rebate not being paid?
I doubt it.
There has been numerous posts on FW of getting rebates paid.

I wonder how many people can notice the difference between a 120hz top-end led tv and a 240hz top-end led tv.

You can because the deal notated and two different reps at the company gave verbal confirmations that is the complete deal which means if I dispute with VISA they will state why and I will state they shipped half of the order only.

You can because the deal notated and two different reps at the company gave verbal confirmations that is the complete deal which means if I dispute with VISA they will state why and I will state they shipped half of the order only.

Either way...$500 gift card or not, $1700 for a 46 inch Samsung (3D or not) is NOT a great deal.And of course, they're hoping for less than 100% redemption on the Visa card...or else the TV would be $1197.

Identical cost on Amazon, basically taking the gamble on the $500 gc coming through for this to be anything worth mentioning. Bit much to risk imo.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014