NUANCE PDF Converter 8.0 FAR, FS @ Newegg

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nuance (5.77kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

N41

good, simple PDF creator

Just so everyone knows, this software converts PDF/XPS files to Microsoft Office format. It does NOT convert Office to PDF.

For Anything to PDF, there's always the print to PDF option.

sacmail said:   Just so everyone knows, this software converts PDF/XPS files to Microsoft Office format. It does NOT convert Office to PDF.PDF Creator does a great job of that for free.

billrubin said:   sacmail said:   Just so everyone knows, this software converts PDF/XPS files to Microsoft Office format. It does NOT convert Office to PDF.PDF Creator does a great job of that for free.As do PrimoPDFand CutePDF, both also free.

Thanks, in 4 one, missed the last one last month.

SSi said:   For Anything to PDF, there's always the print to PDF option.

Print to PDF is not an option in Office 2003. It's only in 2007 and 2010.
The reason I mentioned the conversion method was that the second post I saw suggested it was a office to PDF converter.

does this or any free version lets me combine multiple pdf files into one?

unarmdragon said:   does this or any free version lets me combine multiple pdf files into one?

Basic free tool is pdfmerge but it does not convert from pdf to word so you can edit. NUANCE PDF Converter 8.0 DOES and ok if your really need it EVEN at $40. That said, anyone know how reliable this rebate is? I have Adobe STD and others. But will grab another copy of 8.0...never know if I'll need it for family.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfmerge/

Chrome APPs to merge

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pdf-mergy/hgecghmkcdef...

Chrome App to Edit

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pdfescape-free-pdf-edi...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/convert-pdf-to-word/kc...

unarmdragon said:   does this or any free version lets me combine multiple pdf files into one?PDF Creator lets you merge files while they are waiting to print. Just print your files, tell it to wait and then you can combine them in any order you want. Presumably you could print your existing PDF files to it as well.

flyingroach said:   Basic free tool is pdfmerge but it does not convert from pdf to word so you can edit. NUANCE PDF Converter 8.0 DOES and ok if your really need it EVEN at $40. That said, anyone know how reliable this rebate is? I have Adobe STD and others. But will grab another copy of 8.0...never know if I'll need it for family.They're using the same rebate house as Bitdefender, and I've found them to be extremely reliable (just one problem, a while ago and it was a strange situation with three products and one rebate).

My order allegedly shipped from their California warehouse using Shoprunner, so it will actually be coming UPS 2nd Day, I'd imagine (vs. UPS Ground when they usually ship to me from NJ). They must have realized their mistake because Shoprunner is no longer shoping as a valid option for me.

Anyone have any suggestions about the most accurate (and least expensive) pdf to excel converter? Our company (a small business, that can't afford expensive software) receives excel spreadsheets in pdf format that we need to compare for market data analysis. We have been using cut and paste and other time-consuming methods, which work OK, but I would like to know if there is a better alternative that won't cost us lots of $$$

Anyone know if this will convert PDFs to JPGs? I've got a few comic books that I bought as PDF, but the crappy tablet is choking on the PDFs and won't open them...

jonnyq said:   Anyone know if this will convert PDFs to JPGs? I've got a few comic books that I bought as PDF, but the crappy tablet is choking on the PDFs and won't open them...Not this product, but Gimp (free, open source) is good at this.

bighitter - I have used Able2Extract from investintech for a large PDF to Excel conversion project. It is only $99.95 for a full license.

pdf converter elite 3 is also another option. converts a 1200page pdf file to excel in under 5 minutes. the pages are all on one sheet as well which helps me sort by columns to reformat the numbers. works well for me. before i was using some other program and it took 40 minutes! but it also turned each pdf page into an excel sheet, so i had to use ASAP Utilities for Excel to split the sheets into mutliple excel files, then combine those files into 1 sheet. ughh... I can't imagine another program better than PDF Converter Elite 3 (for my purpose at least), maybe something with better formatting, but that's something with the PDF file itself.

Thanks, Weissguy and Aalphaivt, for your recommendations.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014