• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

HDMI and 3 USB 3.0 ports.

No longer available for shipping.

Key Specifications:

* 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-2350M processor (2.3 GHz, 3 MB L3 Cache, 1333 MHz FSB)
* Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64 bit) – SP1
* Microsoft® Office Starter 20106
* 15.6" Crystal View WXGA HD display (1366x768)
* Intel® HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.7 GB of shared graphics
* 4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM memory (4 GB x 1)
* 500 GB S-ATA, 5400 rpm hard drive3
* Integrated Dual-Layer DVD Writer
* Gigabit Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000
* Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 (802.11BGN)
* Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi) and integrated Bluetooth v4 +HS
* Integrated HD webcam (1280 x 720 pixels) and digital microphone
* HDMI port, three USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 connector (one with Anytime USB Charge capability)
* Memory Stick®/Secure Digital MS/SD card slot, and ExpressCard® slot
* Main battery: Lithium ion (6-cell, 10.8V, 4400 mAh, 48Wh); rated up to 7 hours4
* Full-size, spill-resistant isolation keyboard with separate numeric 10-key keypad; integrated touchpad pointing device with gesture support
* One-year International Limited Warranty
* ID: Glossy Black
* Energy Star
* 1 Year Limited Warranty

Member Summary

fujitsu
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Ok guys, just got mine last night. I don't have a Fry's near me so I had to have it shipped. Here are my thoughts.

This t... (more)

Agent9 (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 2:36p) |

I forgot to mention that the Fujitsu rep said they will cover the cost of shipping laptops within warranty. That's a mor... (more)

Agent9 (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 3:37p) |

I ordered online on 10/05, since there's no Fry's locally. It was shipped via UPS on 10/08, but no tracking number. Call... (more)

thefencer (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 5:34p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

WOW, This a great find! I have had my eye on this for awhile, it has a gorgeous screen! I cannot believe the price!!!!

thanks, i've been waiting for a good laptop deal. reviews are limited, but discussion on prior fw and sd deals for this model look good enough to take the leap.

Looks like a good value but I am not excited about the (large) $100 rebate being MIR. How reliable are their rebates ?

I did a fujitsu $100 rebate on their i5 laptop a few months ago and it came within 6 weeks, but ymmv

Nice. In for 1. Thanks for the heads up. Has all the features I was looking for at a decent price after rebate.

Great price 6 weeks before BF! Wonder what prices will be like then?

BF Laptops bottom out at $299 typically with limited stock so this is as good as it gets price wise...

Nah, I've seen $200 to $250 during Christmas sales after rebate. So I guess you can wait to save possibly $50 but you'll be fighting with a bunch of other people and good luck getting in touch with the company if you run into problems. They're so busy during that time they could give a rip. I've had orders cancelled on me with no compensation. Only thing you can do is move on to the next deal.

This is so tempting! I've been considering a tablet, with the mini Ipad coming out and the new MS Surfaces coming out this month. Do I buy now or wait and see what those tabs are going to sell for. Darn you, Fry's for dangling this in front of me now!

FWIW. Here, locally, I could resell them for more than the after-rebate price if I don't like it.

WANT...TO...CLICK...add to cart!

Surprised it's still in stock.

Shipping: Available In-Store Only

I was ready to buy.

In for one in Portland Oregon! WOOOOT! I have the Lifebook L which is about a year old, been great! It will now go to my little brother and I will get the new one! GREAT FIND!

OK, so I'm glad I pulled the trigger in time...thanks again for the deal OP.

This is a pretty incredible set of specs for a sub-$300 computer. The included ram is in one 4-gig chip, so upgrading to 8 gig will be reasonable. When I can get a deal on a large SSD, I'll make this cheap lappy fly!

Never heard of this brand. Is it reliable?

cookieandsnow said:   Never heard of this brand. Is it reliable?

One of the best computer maker in the earth. Partnered with Siemens for European market.

The Lenovo with a B950 for $227 is also a good deal, in store only though.

We might see decent laptops for $199 on BF given this kind of pricing now.

I googled it to see the actual item but I couldn't find it.
The picture on Amazon is too small.
Is this thin or not?

Bought one while still available online. VG price if you need one now.

It's 1.15 in. thick, 1.35 in. thick with feet, weighs 5.29 lbs.

More information available at

Link for Spec. Sheet

BinkyBill said:   Surprised it's still in stock.

Yep surprised still available in Concord CA store.

Negative is poor resolution of 1366 x 768 for 15.6" as my spare Dell has same resolution for 11.6" and work laptop HP Elitebook has 1280 x 800 for 12".

YSJ said:   I did a fujitsu $100 rebate on their i5 laptop a few months ago and it came within 6 weeks, but ymmv

I bought the 14" version of the i3 in July and also received my $100 rebate in 6 weeks.

OK, so I missed this deal but went to Fry's to check out what I missed. My impression is that it's not that good of a laptop. I've been looking for my "right" laptop nonstop for the last few months and I can do you that this is a $300'ish laptop at best. The screen is so so quality and the touch pad has bumps (not the smooth type) and the laptop seems a bit heavy.

OK, so I missed this deal but went to Fry's to check out what I missed. My impression is that it's not that good of a laptop. I've been looking for my "right" laptop nonstop for the last few months and I can do you that this is a $300'ish laptop at best. The screen is so so quality and the touch pad has bumps (not the smooth type) and the laptop seems a bit heavy.

After months of research between processor speed, lcd quality, RAM/HD, and keyboard/touchpad I have yet to find a laptop to my satisfaction in the $300-$400 range. Perhaps I may need to consider Mac or a PC in the range of $750+.

Anyone looking at the right laptop in the 300-400 range remember it's not the CPU or memory on most modern computers, it's the hard drive. Slip an SSD into this baby and it wills scream. Heck I just did that for my kids 2 year old laptop and it's as responsive as my desktop with double the specs. Unless you're a heavy gamer or movie editor, most computers these days are plenty fast with an SSD.

re^^

Yeah, at the <$500 price range you are being shafted on screen + HD. 5400rpm = pass.

I have to disagree. One of the biggest problem with buying PC laptop is that the quality is all over the map. Just the basic stuff like keyboard and touchpad can be a hit and miss. You would think they can make this consistent across the board and be usable. Some touchpads are overly sensitive and/or the buttons hurt like hell when you press on it. And these are in the $500-%700 range laptops so we're not talking about your dirt cheap categories.

I find it hard to find the "right" Win laptop because there's always some type of hardware deficiencies no matter which price point I look at. I'm not a Apple fan boy at all, hell don't even have one right now but I can immediately see the difference in the consistency and quality on a Mac laptop.

cyfan said:   Anyone looking at the right laptop in the 300-400 range remember it's not the CPU or memory on most modern computers, it's the hard drive. Slip an SSD into this baby and it wills scream. Heck I just did that for my kids 2 year old laptop and it's as responsive as my desktop with double the specs. Unless you're a heavy gamer or movie editor, most computers these days are plenty fast with an SSD.

optical said:   OK, so I missed this deal but went to Fry's to check out what I missed. My impression is that it's not that good of a laptop. I've been looking for my "right" laptop nonstop for the last few months and I can do you that this is a $300'ish laptop at best. The screen is so so quality and the touch pad has bumps (not the smooth type) and the laptop seems a bit heavy.

After months of research between processor speed, lcd quality, RAM/HD, and keyboard/touchpad I have yet to find a laptop to my satisfaction in the $300-$400 range. Perhaps I may need to consider Mac or a PC in the range of $750+.

You must have seen a bad model, the screen on the laptop is bright and vibrant. Fujistsu is known for this. At $299, this is the best laptop you can get, period! Now, if price is not a problem, there are better laptops for around $700+ that will have higher res screens, better graphics, sound, etc. I got samsung series 5 and it kicks A**! But, I paid $680 on clearance as it sells for over $1000!

Picked this up on Friday and am very happy with it so far. The keyboard and touchpad are nice - the display is bright with even backlighting and good color. A great deal for $300. HM76 chipset means that it should take Ivy Bridge CPUs in a year or so when they get cheaper.

One thing that is really lacking is the documentation. I'm having trouble figuring out what SSD will max this beast out. SATA II or III (chipset has both)? Fujitsu's website isn't a huge help unless I am missing something. Excited to see the improvement with an SSD.

What would be a good SSD to used with this laptop? And how do I go about moving the OS into this SSD? Do I need to do a clean install after replacing the hard disk with the SSD?

optical said:    I'm not a Apple fan boy at all, hell don't even have one right now but I can immediately see the difference in the consistency and quality on a Mac laptop.
Quality on a Mac? My niece's 3 year old Mac lappy just recently fried and she had to get another one. Yup, only 3 years. It's a crap shoot whatever the brand. Apple is ranked only 4th in this years reliability report.
The computer reliability report scores for 2012 Q2 are:
1. Samsung (422)
2. Lenovo/IBM (255)
3. Asus (159)
4. Apple (130)
5. Toshiba (117)
6. HP/Compaq (109)
7. Dell (79)
8. Sony (49)
9. Acer (28)

In the DFW area this shows in stock in Arlington only. If in or out of stock in your area please post...

Out of stock in the San Diego area.

By the way, for future reference, which specifics does Fry's have on its return policies for laptops? I didn't see anything specific on the site, but do they have a restocking fee, etc.?

Ok guys, just got mine last night. I don't have a Fry's near me so I had to have it shipped. Here are my thoughts.

This thing is a beast compared to my current. It's bulkier and runs a lot hotter. The build quality is very sturdy throughout. Monitor hinges, spill-resistant keyboard, trackpad, all well-built. I'm planning on using it for studying at Starbucks so the full keyboard, anti-reflective screen, and 7-hour battery will come in handy too.

Currently have the cheap eMachines from the '09 Best Buy deal. The one with the carrying case and mouse for $260 after rebate. Because the Fujitsu runs hotter and is a bit bulkier, I am reconsidering my original plans to sell my eMachines. I don't think the Fujitsu will be as comfortable to use on the couch as the eMach. More like a portable desktop. BTW, that eMachines runs like a champ, even to this day. After 3 years the only thing that needed replacing was the $20 battery.

About Fry's customer service. My Fujitsu arrived with 2 bad pixels. Probably not a deal-breaker but I called Fry's to see what the return policy is. Bad and good news. Good news, their return policy is no-hassle. You'll have to pay for your own shipping but there's no restocking fee on defective items. Bad news, it's a discontinued item so I can't get a replacement. They put me through to Fujitsu who told me that I need a lot more bad pixels before I can get it serviced. I really like this laptop for what I plan to use it for, so I'll probably end up keeping it.

I forgot to mention that the Fujitsu rep said they will cover the cost of shipping laptops within warranty. That's a more generous return policy than eMachine's.

I ordered online on 10/05, since there's no Fry's locally. It was shipped via UPS on 10/08, but no tracking number. Called CS today, they gave some BS about the tracking number not being available immediately (read 48 hrs) sometimes, not sure how that can happen in this day and age. So went to UPS tracking and tried to search with their order number as reference and location, no dice. Realized that the order number in the email has 4 more digits at the end. I try that and voila, the tracking information pops up, scheduled delivery is 10/11.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014