Linky

select no commitment

Member Summary

Iphone 4S
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks OP!

This is a great deal for a practically new iPhone 4S! Just what I was looking for!

Tech3234 (Oct. 07, 2012 @ 11:52p) |

darn, out of stock already.

drti (Oct. 08, 2012 @ 3:49p) |

got the phone..cancelled the service the same day i activated it..so no activation no termination fee..got it for $299+ ... (more)

MATHAI (Oct. 12, 2012 @ 8:27a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

No commitment? Is there a way I can purchase the phone without also paying for a plan? I'd like to unlock it and use it with my current plan.

Thanks for the find, OP. I found that the $299 price is only valid for the white 16GB iPhone 4S. For some reason, the black color is still $499

But how to checkout without picking a plan and paying activation?

DyslexicHobo said:   No commitment? Is there a way I can purchase the phone without also paying for a plan? I'd like to unlock it and use it with my current plan.

Unfortunately, it looks like even buying a refurbished iPhone 4S from AT&T requires a phone/data plan. Their site states: "*2-yr and no commitment pricing require voice agreement with qualifying monthly data plan required."

The easiest way to get an unlocked iPhone is directly through Apple or on Craigslist.

dang i was going to sell my two white perfect 4S for $300 to worth folks (active, long timers here).

rigor said:   dang i was going to sell my two white perfect 4S for $300 to worth folks (active, long timers here).

$300 for a used without activation is still not a bad price. Keep in mind AT&T requires $36 activation + $39 minimum voice + $30 minimum data = >$100 out the door in service costs before you can even cancel service.

Dang.. Too bad you can't just check out with these. Those with an active AT&T account - are you able to "upgrade" to this phone and just pay the no contract price without adding a line?

S105dude said:   Dang.. Too bad you can't just check out with these. Those with an active AT&T account - are you able to "upgrade" to this phone and just pay the no contract price without adding a line?

ATT is so shady. When I log in to upgrade one of my lines. The refurb 16gb white iPhone 4s shows out of stock. They are reserving these for new customers only. Guess it's more profitable for them. There should be some sort of law against this.

skim32 said:   S105dude said:   Dang.. Too bad you can't just check out with these. Those with an active AT&T account - are you able to "upgrade" to this phone and just pay the no contract price without adding a line?

ATT is so shady. When I log in to upgrade one of my lines. The refurb 16gb white iPhone 4s shows out of stock. They are reserving these for new customers only. Guess it's more profitable for them. There should be some sort of law against this.

In California, there is. That is why Best Buy and other stores had to refund customers forced into buying Xbox 360 / PS3 "mandatory launch bundles."

But, the law hasn't been tested with national online stores that ship to California. Wouldn't make for a bad small claims court test case, if you're up for it (and live in CA).

check craigslist folks, lots of fanboys are dumping their 4s for around $250. i scored one for $150 and flipped it on eBay for $300 !

dumroo said:   But how to checkout without picking a plan and paying activation?

Plan:
A plan is required to place your order

Back in early 2008 it was possible to order a refurb iPhone from AT&T without a contract. They closed that loophole that summer.

please read the fine print below:

2-yr and no commitment pricing require voice agreement with qualifying monthly data plan required.
Limit 5 iPhone devices per household when ordering online.

It will cost 299+60 (first month) +36 (activation) approx 400, if cancel the service in a month.

Hero76 said:   check craigslist folks, lots of fanboys are dumping their 4s for around $250. i scored one for $150 and flipped it on eBay for $300 !

300 thats it? I just sold my 4s 32 gig for 400.

hnagdi said:   It will cost 299+60 (first month) +36 (activation) approx 400, if cancel the service in a month.If you can get the senior plan it is only $29.99 a month. $49.99 a month with data + $36 activation fee.

$299.99
$ 18.00 tax
$ 36.00 activation
$ 49.99 one month
$403.98 plus taxes on first month bill

Even though there is no commitment for the phone, all the voice plans show a 2 year contract.

New iPhone 16gb white At&t at eBay sells for $310 - $400

Will it ship with iOS6? Really don't want to lose native Google Maps...

you can pay for someone to unlock iphone 4 and 4s for you on eBay for around $10. all you need to do is hook up your iphone with a sim car other than at&t to the computer and open itunes. then it'd tell you after a few seconds if your phone has been unlocked.
i think what they do is they apply for the unlock code as an at&t agent on your behalf.

Thanks OP!

This is a great deal for a practically new iPhone 4S! Just what I was looking for!

darn, out of stock already.

got the phone..cancelled the service the same day i activated it..so no activation no termination fee..got it for $299+ tax..came with ios6..still great deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014