• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I found the MK802+ for $39.99 with free shipping!
It's the cheapest I've seen them. So it's a pretty hot deal.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/In-Stock-MK802--New-Version-Andro...

Android 4.0
Allwinner A10 w/ Mali400
4GB Storage
1GB of ram
802.11 b/g/n

It comes with:
HDMI cable
USB cable
AC adapter
English Manual

It also includes some bonus items:
4-port usb hub
usb 3d sound adapter

This is a very good price for the MK802. Even better when you consider the extras.

Do some research and you'll see that there is a very big community based around the MK802.
I'm buying one to have around as an extra dual booting android/linux box.
(I already own 1 mk802, several UG802, and 1 MK808.)

Member Summary

MK802 Android TV Stick (42.22kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Remove Google Nexus 7 Tablet's screen/touchpad/camera/hardware sensors... and replace cpu/gpu with lessor ones and add T... (more)

b16899 (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 6:50p) |

Freezing could be WiFi issue. Make sure you have space for WiFi to bounce.

By removing the plastic cover, may reduce over... (more)

b16899 (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 7:01p) |

Since they all use the same GPU, would love to know whether they have problem with 1080P movies or not?

b16899 (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 7:04p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

thanks,
looks interesting

Sweet, I can't wait for these to drop to $20'

What kind of pointing and keyboard devices do they use?

hasu said:   What kind of pointing and keyboard devices do they use?

I had one, they use any usb keyboard/mouse. I was using a K400 wireless keyboard/mouse combo and it worked quite well.

how good is the dual core cpu version and ics 4.0 upgrade versions of the mk802+?

opps I mean to say
how much is it worth to pay more for

UG802 and or MK808?

this seems GREAT but I have never heard of GeekBuying are there any opinions on them?

mikelou26therock said:   opps I mean to say
how much is it worth to pay more for

UG802 and or MK808?

It really depends on if you need the dual core power or not.
I have both the MK808 and UG802. They are fast, but both have issues that still need to be addressed by the manufacturers.
It's too bad the kernel source isn't released on them, if it was we could fix the issues ourselves instead of waiting.

The mk802 has kernel source. It also has a linux port and an active linux community.
There is an linux xbmc port in progress. https://github.com/empatzero/xbmca10

So for $39.99 the mk802 makes a good stocking stuffer or a tiny Netflix machine you can carry with you.

so probably not worth the extra 20-25 dollars for dual core?

Ordered one for the bedroom TV. Thanks OP!

It was $23.99 with free shipping(buy it now) at eBay 9 days ago.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271046575734?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT...

It was $23.99 with free shipping(buy it now) at eBay 9 days ago.

Why don't any of these come with Bluetooth? Surely a small BT keyboard controller would be the easiest way to use these?

Could someone clarify what these things do? Is this an alternative to hooking up a laptop to your tv to watch shows through your tv that are available on abc.com, etc, but no available on Roku, etc.? Or does this thing require you to go through Hulu, or Amazon or something to watch shows?

If this is an alternative to a laptop, what kind of browser does it have? Assume it requires a mouse and keyboard, is that correct? Can it be turned on and off with a regular remote? Does it have instant on instead of a long boot up? On/off via remote and boot up time are the biggest barriers to using an old laptop to access this stuff on the tv. If this solved those two problems it would be a great device.

Do these have hardware acceleration? (Particularly Neon) because they'd make a great XBMC box.

Gasaver, I would also like to know what these things do. Can you surf the web through your TV? If I have ethernet already hooked up to my plasma, does this thing pick up the internet through that, or does it pick up a wireless signal from my router? Sounds interesting, maybe someone could enlighten us, a little.

ebuy said:   It was $23.99 with free shipping(buy it now) at eBay 9 days ago.

It's a shame that deal is dead. I can't seem to find it for that price anywhere.
If I had seen that I would of bought 2.
You should of posted up the deal!

Well still the $39.99 is the lowest price I have seen going on right now.

The a10 has neon, and a pretty decent VPU.
It runs android 4.0 and you can use the stock browser or install an aftermarket browser from the Play Store.
It connects to the wireless from your router.
I wouldn't say that this is a laptop replacement, it's more of a replacement to hooking your phone up to the TV to watch videos.
It can run Adobe flash so many video sites will work on it.
Search youtube for mk802 and you'll see what this is capable of.

gasaver said:   Could someone clarify what these things do? Is this an alternative to hooking up a laptop to your tv to watch shows through your tv that are available on abc.com, etc, but no available on Roku, etc.? Or does this thing require you to go through Hulu, or Amazon or something to watch shows?

If this is an alternative to a laptop, what kind of browser does it have? Assume it requires a mouse and keyboard, is that correct? Can it be turned on and off with a regular remote? Does it have instant on instead of a long boot up? On/off via remote and boot up time are the biggest barriers to using an old laptop to access this stuff on the tv. If this solved those two problems it would be a great device.

This is essentially a pc on a stick. Your TV with HDMI port act as a monitor.

Here is a link that describe a non plus model which should have similar features.

mk802

I bought one and paid almost 2 times this price..good easy way to just surf the web through your hdmi port on your TV 1080p - I just use my mouse too surf and it brings up a keyboard for slow typing.. like on an android phone..there are alot of videos on utube about these.. we might start see this feature on tv's built in -- 2 yrs from now,,

( note I bought the USB hub seen in the photo from Meritline and out of the 3 I got @89 cents each only 1 worked. Was not USB 2.0 according too Windows 7 on my laptop)

We wish ours came with the USB 3D sound deivce ? if you use it on a projector u have no sound...@ Least with a W7000 u don't... the model I have does do HD and there was some program on the device that had captioned movie link avail.. most unknow movies..

They carry the model I use =Item code: 306542 - $54 on eBay..last month..

Do the newer PCs on a stick not run Adobe flash?

The newer ones also support Adobe flash.
However keep in mind Adobe is pulling flash support from android. You can still download the latest version from the Adobe website if needed.
I was just pointing out that it does in fact support Adobe flash.

mk802 II is 58 in fleabay

i wish they had 8gb or 16gb

flash is not that costly nowadays - edit, it does have microsd slot!

you can also run linux from microsd

http://liliputing.com/2012/06/puppy-linux-on-the-mk802-74-mini-p...

deadhp1 said:   ebuy said:   It was $23.99 with free shipping(buy it now) at eBay 9 days ago.

It's a shame that deal is dead. I can't seem to find it for that price anywhere.
If I had seen that I would of bought 2.
You should of posted up the deal!

Well still the $39.99 is the lowest price I have seen going on right now.

Please post if the $24 price returns!

I would have definately picked one up at $24.

Not sure if anyone successfully ordered from the site. I just tried to place an order and when I got to the paypal page, it will not accept any type of payment (Paypal, credit card, etc...) After I put in my paypal or creditcard info, it keep bouncing back to the homepage stating that I was not charged...

I changed my passwords quickly... hopefully this is legit.

HKSturboKid said:   Not sure if anyone successfully ordered for the site. I just tried to place an order and when I got to the paypal page, it will not accept any type of payment (Paypal, credit card, etc...) After I put in my paypal or creditcard info, it keep bouncing back to the homepage stating that I was not charged...

I changed my passwords quickly... hopefully this is legit.

I just placed an order and it went through Paypal fine without any issues.

@HKSturboKid: I didn't have any issues placing an order an hour ago, paid via PayPal.

ohhenry1 said:   @HKSturboKid: I didn't have any issues placing an order an hour ago, paid via PayPal.

Thanks for the confirmation. Not that I don't believe the other member as both the OP and the other confirmation is from a new member.

I was getting the below message. I'd try paypal from checking, 2 different credit card, etc....

payment@geekbuying.com
Return to merchant and try a different payment method
Error Message

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.
Return to merchant and try a different payment method

We are not able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please return to the merchant's website and try using a different payment method (if available).

I had no issues either and I too paid by PayPal (the only option).

FWIW; if you don't want to wait on the slow boat from China, the same stick is $45 on Amazon with prime: http://www.amazon.com/MK802-Android-Google-Player-Allwinner/dp/B...

deadhp1 said:   The a10 has neon, and a pretty decent VPU.
It runs android 4.0 and you can use the stock browser or install an aftermarket browser from the Play Store.
It connects to the wireless from your router.
I wouldn't say that this is a laptop replacement, it's more of a replacement to hooking your phone up to the TV to watch videos.
It can run Adobe flash so many video sites will work on it.
Search youtube for mk802 and you'll see what this is capable of.
I thought about one of these the other day. My kids were laying on the couch watching a tv show on their phone. When I asked why they didn't watch tv on the tv they said it was an app. With this they can use that same app but watch it on a 42 inch instead of a 4.2 inch.

Heres an upcoming similar item available for preorder.

FAVI SmartStick

This item is not uncommon and can be found via a number of Chinese distributors/wholesalers/drop-shippers. Please do not be decived by the graphic which says 'Google TV Player'. This is a common deception for these devices. While it is neat that it is an android device on a USB stick (there are more well developed ones by more reputable OEMs), the price is not exceptional and it is not a 'Google TV' player. The vendors play on the confusion that Android is owned/licensed by Google, it is conceivable to load an android app on the device which will play video.

scoobydooby said:   FWIW; if you don't want to wait on the slow boat from China, the same stick is $45 on Amazon with prime: http://www.amazon.com/MK802-Android-Google-Player-Allwinner/dp/B...
I'm a sucker for anything Prime. And to get it in two days instead of two months...may be in!

scoobydooby said:   FWIW; if you don't want to wait on the slow boat from China, the same stick is $45 on Amazon with prime: http://www.amazon.com/MK802-Android-Google-Player-Allwinner/dp/B...

The one for $45 is not the mk802+ model. Its the MK802.

I understand the convenience for wifi... But I wish for an Ethernet port one.

Do they make any android sticks with Ethernet?

Skipping 40 Messages...
superking said:   I have been slightly under-whelmed with it. It is neat, compact and portable. Has some uses. However, it is slow and does suffer from freezes and random lockups. On a plus side, the video playback has been great. For the price it is fun to play with. I will be interested in watching future generations of these devices and what they can do. Comfortable at $40 ish for this thing, more than that I might have been disappointed.

Since they all use the same GPU, would love to know whether they have problem with 1080P movies or not?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014