• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Canon PIXMA MP499 Wireless All-in-One Printer - $29.95 Shipped Adorama.com or Amazon.com

http://www.adorama.com/ICAMP499.html

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PIXMA-MP499-Wireless-Printer/dp/B004...

GoodDay op

Member Summary

Canon PIXMA MP499
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
OOS in Adorama.
None at Amazon for that rate

Good find, though, OP

GotADeal (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 12:59p) |

ordered 2, just shipped 1. dont give any explanation. i contacted them and just realized that they only allow 1 per cust... (more)

wiru (Oct. 24, 2012 @ 6:33p) |

ordered 2, just shipped 1. dont give any explanation. i contacted them and just realized that they only allow 1 per cust... (more)

wiru (Oct. 24, 2012 @ 6:33p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ElectricGerm said:   WalMart has it for $29
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=pixma+mp...

Wal-Mart Estimated Shipping $4.97

+ Tax in all most all states

If you want to do a in store pick up ( + Cost of gas + Tax )

So with the Wal-Mart deal it will cost most of us $3 To $6 extra.

And you don't have to step inside a WalMart ....

The Amazon seller is also Adorama!

I don't understand how canon can call this an 'all-in-one' when it doesn't have a fax function.

sloppy1 said:   The Amazon seller is also Adorama!

I don't understand how canon can call this an 'all-in-one' when it doesn't have a fax function.

You are right but with Amazon,
You may or may not have to pay tax in some states.

You've got to be kidding- an outdated fax function is necessary to call it an all-in-one? This product is targeting the home / home office user. I personally haven't used a fax in almost 10 years. For me they're a waste of time. A huge percentage of homeowners have dumped thier land lines altogether. Come on.

WalMart also has the HP 1000 color inkjet for $29 either in store, or shipped for 97 cents.

Much better reviews for the HP 1000. I got one and it comes with full standard cartridges, one black and one colored, (but not the XL ones) rather than the starter ones found in most printers. Replacement price for the cartridges is around $30 total for both so you could just keep buying a new printer.

I was thinking of buying the printer posted by the op, but saw many more and better reviews for the HP 1000 so I got it and am completely happy with it.

HP 1000 is a printer not an all-in-one.

I almost pulled the trigger but seems to have wireless issues. Shame.

That's you, some of us have to deal with businesses that have yet to join the 90's !

c3688t said:   sloppy1 said:   The Amazon seller is also Adorama!

You've got to be kidding- an outdated fax function is necessary to call it an all-in-one? This product is targeting the home / home office user. I personally haven't used a fax in almost 10 years. For me they're a waste of time. A huge percentage of homeowners have dumped thier land lines altogether. Come on.

chuangtzu said:   HP 1000 is a printer not an all-in-one.

So what? People interested in a simple and affordable printing device are likely to want info about competing products like the HP 1000.

I also have the HP 1000. It is awesome, especially for $29. Simple, reliable, fast, affordable and semi-portable. And it comes with ink cartridges included.

Sometimes I used to feel a little weird with a $29 printer connected to a $1,500 laptop. It was supposed to be a temporary solution until I could research printers more thoroughly. Not any more - I love my HP 1000. Everything I need, and nothing I don't.

the link you provided points to MG2120, which is not a wireless AIO.

ElectricGerm said:   WalMart has it for $29
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=pixma+mp...

I've never both a Canon printer, new or factory refurbished, from the Canon store that didn't come equipped with full size, if not XL, cartridges. Once just a few years ago, using a promo code I found on Fatwallet, I was able to purchase 2 refurbished Canon MX340 multi-function printers (including fax function)for a total of $65 including shipping. Each came equipped with XL cartridges, obviously making the printers themselves free considering the cost of the ink. The first one is still chugging along. I'm not fond of the setting process but it has yet to malfunction even though I refill my own cartridges. (Naturally, the ink level indicators don't work.) It has a photo quality mode that produces outstanding results.
As for the "nobody uses fax anymore", that's a bit like saying nobody uses non-smartphones anymore. It just isn't so, particularly if you have occasion to deal with federal and state agencies. A fax will still draw more immediate attention to itself than will an attachment to an email and for most assistants and clerical staff, faxing is a more straightforward process thus making them more willing to provide you with copies tahn if you ask them to email them to you. "Huge" numbers don't have a landline that's true; there are a lot of homeless people out there. But 10 or 20 million isn't huge when compared to the 100 million landlines still in use.
Get your head out of Manhattan and pay attention to the heartland.

One last thing - anyone that is in an area vulnerable to natural or other disasters, e.g. hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, nuclear plant damage is a fool if they dont maintain both a cell phone AND a landline. Who knows which will be out for weeks, landlines or cell lines. I feel much better having both kinds of lines.

SithMaster said:   That's you, some of us have to deal with businesses that have yet to join the 90's !

So you're considering this for a business printer?

GreenTrash said:   I've never both a Canon printer, new or factory refurbished, from the Canon store that didn't come equipped with full size, if not XL, cartridges. Once just a few years ago, using a promo code I found on Fatwallet, I was able to purchase 2 refurbished Canon MX340 multi-function printers (including fax function)for a total of $65 including shipping. Each came equipped with XL cartridges, obviously making the printers themselves free considering the cost of the ink. The first one is still chugging along. I'm not fond of the setting process but it has yet to malfunction even though I refill my own cartridges. (Naturally, the ink level indicators don't work.) It has a photo quality mode that produces outstanding results.
As for the "nobody uses fax anymore", that's a bit like saying nobody uses non-smartphones anymore. It just isn't so, particularly if you have occasion to deal with federal and state agencies. A fax will still draw more immediate attention to itself than will an attachment to an email and for most assistants and clerical staff, faxing is a more straightforward process thus making them more willing to provide you with copies tahn if you ask them to email them to you. "Huge" numbers don't have a landline that's true; there are a lot of homeless people out there. But 10 or 20 million isn't huge when compared to the 100 million landlines still in use.
Get your head out of Manhattan and pay attention to the heartland.

One last thing - anyone that is in an area vulnerable to natural or other disasters, e.g. hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, nuclear plant damage is a fool if they dont maintain both a cell phone AND a landline. Who knows which will be out for weeks, landlines or cell lines. I feel much better having both kinds of lines.
Yes, there's nothing as satisfying as faxing during an emergency!

I remember us talking about this back in 2009
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/arcmessageview.php?catid=18&thre...
BTW I'm just getting around to setting that printer up.

You should work for the tabloids! I said "do business" as in have dealings with NOT run a business. Maybe your Engwish comprehension ain't to good wise guy but of course it's not your fault they allow laptops in class now.

A HP Color LaserJet CP6015xh Printer is a "business printer" and it's $6,000 NOT $30...

c3688t said:   SithMaster said:   That's you, some of us have to deal with businesses that have yet to join the 90's !

So you're considering this for a business printer?

There is no definite definition for an
"all in one"
it may or may not include fax!

I have not looked close at this item yet.
For me it must use
4 ink carts

OOS in Adorama.
None at Amazon for that rate

Good find, though, OP

ordered 2, just shipped 1. dont give any explanation. i contacted them and just realized that they only allow 1 per customer. wtf? at least tell me. what a courtesy.

wiru

ordered 2, just shipped 1. dont give any explanation. i contacted them and just realized that they only allow 1 per customer. wtf? at least tell me. what a courtesy.

wiru

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014