• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LINK

Product Description

This 114-piece mechanic's tool set includes 68 sockets in 1/4 and 3/8 in. drive sizes, 22 screwdriver and nut driver bits, 21 hex keys, 1 magnetic bit driver, 1 quick release ratchet, and 1 adapter. Contains sockets in both metric and standard sizes; deep well and standard depths. Comes with a blow-molded case for organization and portability. A great value!

Online Only! Extra 10% off select tools Sold by Sears! Discount seen in cart Offer ends 13-Oct-2012

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

tool set
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I dislike how they 'add' the hex keys (allen wrenches) and bits to pad the total number of pieces.

With that said, this is a solid investment for someone just getting into car repair. I remember spending part of my tax refund 15yrs ago on a slightly larger set - Today I used that same set (ok, plus a few more tools) to pull at 4L60E automatic transmission.

Logan71 said:   I dislike how they 'add' the hex keys (allen wrenches) and bits to pad the total number of pieces.

With that said, this is a solid investment for someone just getting into car repair. I remember spending part of my tax refund 15yrs ago on a slightly larger set - Today I used that same set (ok, plus a few more tools) to pull at 4L60E automatic transmission.

With all due respect to my birth year and a film I love and have had on blu since release, how is enumerating the contents padding?

would be nice if it is a torque wrench, I need a good deal on that.

drmorb said:   Logan71 said:   I dislike how they 'add' the hex keys (allen wrenches) and bits to pad the total number of pieces.

With all due respect to my birth year and a film I love and have had on blu since release, how is enumerating the contents padding?

When evaluating these tool sets, one should primarily care about the number of sockets, ratchets, and wrenches (open and box). Allen wrenches, screwdrivers, and bits aren't nearly as useful when compiling a mechanics tool set. Thus the padding comment.

johnnybs said:   drmorb said:   Logan71 said:   I dislike how they 'add' the hex keys (allen wrenches) and bits to pad the total number of pieces.

When evaluating these tool sets, one should primarily care about the number of sockets, ratchets, and wrenches (open and box). Allen wrenches, screwdrivers, and bits aren't nearly as useful when compiling a mechanics tool set. Thus the padding comment.

Johnny nailed it (no pun intended).

BTW, love the flick as well.

Not a bad deal at all. With regard to "padding", at least they are not counting zip ties...I saw a set that WalMart sold years ago that counted zip ties and something else...maybe wire nuts!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014