• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Kingston SSD
Disclaimer
LINK

Never seen a 90GB SSD SATA III so cheap !

Rebate has a limit of TWO, so build yourself a RAID 0 array for super speed !

REBATE HERE

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Kingston 90GB SSD
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I seriously regret ordering the 80 GB Intel deal from TD over this one

shopper1973 (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 12:36p) |

Why? The V+200 is SandForce, with all the bugs. Intel is known to be very (more) reliable.

VirtuaL (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 6:14p) |

Yeah, you are right. I might not get the same speeds I would have with this drive but it will probably be reliable for a... (more)

shopper1973 (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 9:24p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sold by Newegg. green for you

Newegg's return policy is horrible. I would shop somewhere else. Amazon is much better, I would check to see if they price match.

xfmpcx said:   Newegg's return policy is horrible. I would shop somewhere else. Amazon is much better, I would check to see if they price match.

Tiger Direct has fantastic Customer Service on returns. But I doubt anyone else can match the After-Rebate price.

xfmpcx said:   Newegg's return policy is horrible. I would shop somewhere else. Amazon is much better, I would check to see if they price match.
Completely agree! I went through it recently. I would think twice before ordering from Newegg again.

Green for OP, I just ordered it for the OS drive for a NAS Im trying out.

As for Newegg, Ive never had a problem with them with exchanges (even when it was my fault for ordering the wrong drive) or returns. Then again I place orders from my job through my account so the rep would see I generally make 5-10k a year in purchases.

got 2, thank you OP

SalemCat said:   
Never seen a 90GB SSD so cheap !

There have been plenty of comparable deals.

8/2 Zalman N 128GB Newegg $50AR
8/28 Agility 3 90GB Amazon $49AR
8/30 Vertex 2 E 120GB Newegg $50AR
8/31 Vertex Plus R2 120GB Newegg $39AR
9/6 Agility 3 120GB Buy.com $50AR

edavid said:   SalemCat said:   

These are very good deals, I agree. But the first two I looked at are SATA II. This is just fine if you're upgrading a SATA II system - SATA III would be wasted money in that case. But if your MotherBoard supports SATA III, I'd recommend a SATA III drive.

Thanks for pointing this out, though. I've edited my statement to specify that this is a great price for SATA III.

I'm pretty sure this is not expired as of 2:20 PM EST Oct 8th.

SalemCat said:   edavid said:   SalemCat said:   

These are very good deals, I agree. But the first two I looked at are SATA II. This is just fine if you're upgrading a SATA II system - SATA III would be wasted money in that case. But if your MotherBoard supports SATA III, I'd recommend a SATA III drive.

Thanks for pointing this out, though. I've edited my statement to specify that this is a great price for SATA III.

Nope, Agility 3 is also SATA III (and very similar to the Kingston drive).

edavid said:   SalemCat said:   edavid said:   SalemCat said:   

Nope, Agility 3 is also SATA III (and very similar to the Kingston drive).

Good to know. I didn't check them all. Thanks !

don't forget FC.

I bought mine a few hours ago. It looks like my CB will be $1.20 on $79.99 which is 1.5%

SalemCat said:   

We saw the exact same pricing ($79.99 - $30 rebate) on September 13th: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1219521/. The 7.5mm was available at the same price, too: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1219522/

arla said:   SalemCat said:   

We saw the exact same pricing ($79.99 - $30 rebate) on September 13th: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1219521/. The 7.5mm was available at the same price, too: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1219522/

You saw it. I didn't. Did you post the deal to Fat Wallet ?

This was advertised as a two-day deal. But it looks like the price has increased $3 today. Not a deal-breaker, but annoying.

Now price is $52.99 after MIR.

SalemCat said:   This was advertised as a two-day deal. But it looks like the price has increased $3 today. Not a deal-breaker, but annoying.

Ninjered.

I think the prices on these are soon going to be coming down quite a lot, so I'm going to wait for a larger drive. Thanks though, OP; green for you.

Leftcoast said:   SalemCat said:   This was advertised as a two-day deal. But it looks like the price has increased $3 today. Not a deal-breaker, but annoying.

Ninjered.

I think the prices on these are soon going to be coming down quite a lot, so I'm going to wait for a larger drive. Thanks though, OP; green for you.

Thanks for the GREEN !

I agree prices will be coming down; a 256GB HD may be $50 in the Spring.

But what will happen is you'll get more GB per Dollar; in general $50 will be the lowest price available. There won't be any $30 Hard Drives except for closeouts of old stock. (I could be wrong).

Anyhow, I need a Hard Drive NOW that can run Windows 7 with SATA III speed, and this Kingston fits the bill perfectly. I'll upgrade to a larger drive later.

I seriously regret ordering the 80 GB Intel deal from TD over this one

shopper1973 said:   I seriously regret ordering the 80 GB Intel deal from TD over this one

Why? The V+200 is SandForce, with all the bugs. Intel is known to be very (more) reliable.

Yeah, you are right. I might not get the same speeds I would have with this drive but it will probably be reliable for a long time. And since it is going in a Lenovo X100e netbook I don't plan to upgrade any time soon to a faster computer so longevity will be an issue.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014