• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
REFURB Garmin Nuvi 1390LMT 4.3" GPS w/Bluetooth $80 +FS 2 store WalMart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-Nuvi-1390LMT-4.3-Portable-GPS-R...

I was waiting for this old deal to show up again. Glad I checked now..

Garmin NUVI 1390LMT REFURB 4.3 In. Bluetooth GPS with Lifetime Traffic & Map Updates

Free ship to store or $1.97 ship to home

slickDe@ler op

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

1390LMT
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

My tomtom was stolen at work and I've been looking for a reason to go back to Garmin. Not great but good enough for me

i think some reviews of this model say it have issues.

and i find the bluetooth to be almost useless. the echo and other issues with microphone.

I bought one of these refurb units the last time they were on sale at WalMart.

Honestly, I rarely use a GPS at home anymore, but I used this unit in Europe last month for a couple of days driving in Czech Republic. I had to buy a map for it ($41 on Amazon) but worked pretty well. It did go a little nuts when I hit major road construction it wasn't aware of (the map I bought must have been over a year old, no free updates). I have an old Garmin I used in the US for years and this 1390LMT is quite a leap forward from that! Seems like a great deal at this price.

I haven't used the bluetooth yet, can't speak about that.

15 bucks more gets you a bigger screen (5" vs 4.3"): http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-Refurbished-nuvi-1450LMT-5-GPS-...

The WalMart website is not clear about the kind of warranty that comes with these refurb units. Does anyone know what the warranty period is?

How the lifetime maps update work !!

vijujoshi said:   How the lifetime maps update work !!

You are eligible for every map update for the life of unit. They are not transferable.

Awesome, I was looking for one of these to replace my crap-tastic Magellan. Thank You!

cnewsgrp said:   vijujoshi said:   How the lifetime maps update work !!

You are eligible for every map update for the life of unit. They are not transferable.

Just for clarification. Non transferable means that you can not download the new map and install it to another Garmin.

spedinfargo said:   15 bucks more gets you a bigger screen (5" vs 4.3"): http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-Refurbished-nuvi-1450LMT-5-GPS-...

Thanks spedinfargo. That's a better deal for those of us with aging eyes.

BTW shipping was only $1.97. That's about the amount I'd spend on gas for instore pickup and less hassle.

I can't wait to get rid of my TomTom

I have been testing the 1390LMT I received last week. So far, the only issue was that it needed a micro SD card to install the full map update, as the internal memory was insufficient. I tried deleting foreign language help files and voices, but it was not enough. A 4GB micro SD card for $3.58 from Agfa via Amazon solved the problem.

Point of interest files can significantly improve the usability of a vehicle GPS. A great source for add on POI files is http://www.poi-factory.com/. Use Garmin's Point of Interest Loader program to install free POI files for specialized searches (campgrounds, offbeat tourist attractions, rest areas, Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, red light and speed cameras, etc.).

vijujoshi said:   How the lifetime maps update work !!

4 times a year, you can upload them from your computer for free, to this one unit, no other units

BMWBig6 said:   The WalMart website is not clear about the kind of warranty that comes with these refurb units. Does anyone know what the warranty period is?

Garmin usually gives a 90 warranty on refurbs, if it pukes, call them, get an rma #, and they will ship another refurb to you.

Once they sent a brand new unit , when my refurb Nuvi 500 puked, after a week or so. The new one carried the 1 year new warranty.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014