Gunnar Optiks up to 77% off at woot!

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Gunnar glasses are up to 77% off at woot!

Click here

These glasses are supposed to help you with eye strain or headache from staring at your computer for too long.

I heard mixed reviews about the product, so I can't really confirm the company's claim, but for (as low as) $30 (plus $5 shipping and tax), I guess it's a good deal to try it out.

Enjoy!

Member Summary

Gunnar Optiks
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I purchased the Sylus during the last woot sale a few weeks ago. They are worth it at these prices. You will be getting very high quality anti-reflective lenses that truly do keep your eyes from getting dry. You can best remove the blue from the majority of LED LCDs with Win7's 'calibrate display,' which makes the yellow tint useless, however these still have an almost +.5 magnification that helps eye strain with anyone sitting close to a screen.

After buying the 1st one I was waiting for another sale to use as a pair of driving glasses. It's not so much the reduction of glare, but the fact that they block out blue and UV light without blocking out too much light (unlike sunglasses) that I find most useful with protecting your eyes when driving into the sun.

so you're saying that these glasses are good for outdoor (block UV light) uses as well? wow!

Yes.. they are excellent especially at these $35-$50 prices. They will be far better than comparable $30-50 pair of other driving glasses at Sunglasses Hut. I didn't notice these increasing contrast or reducing glare when driving, but they do protect your eyes from UV and keep the light level the same. The only thing these Gunnar are missing to make them perfect for driving is being polarized to reduce glare.

When using regular UV sunglasses, they reduce the light causing your pupils to open. There will be different types of UV protection. With cheaper lower UV light blocking sunglasses, because your pupils are more open you may actually be letting in more UV light into your eyes. With these Gunnars, since the amount of light is the same, you pupils stay the same, so you end up truly blocking UV light and most importantly since it's not darker, your driving vision is better than with sunglasses.

Yes, you can go to your optometrist and order a pair of anti-reflective, polarized, super high UV blocking, clear lens glasses and most of the cost will be covered under insurance. But that cost will probably end up the same as these prices. Awesome deal!

I can't seem to find it from Woot, and so I'm going to break my own rules and ask a question here...

I have a large head. I typically buy large frames to fit this large head. Are these frames all the same size, are some larger than others, etc? Interested in the concept, but if I can't wear them, then they're useless...

I had these reduces strain but man everything is yellow too hehe. I rather take a nap

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014