• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Buy 6 Digiorno Pizzas $7.99 each (estimated cost)
Minus buy 1 get 1 FREE sale = $23.97

Use 2 Buy 2 Get 1 FREE Large Digiorno Pizzas coupons found here -use zip 63122 www.coupons.com
use two $2/2 www.coupons.com (Use zip 53213 if needed) Click on the local coupon tab at the top of the page and change your zip on the left)

Final cost $3.99 for all 6 just $.65 each. WOW!

Member Summary

DiGiorno Pizza (12.36kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
a key component of this deal are the manu coupons. if you follow the stores coupon policies, everything suggested is leg... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Oct. 11, 2012 @ 9:47p) |

Mr C, By stretching I mean making a deal bigger than it is. Most people are not going to be able to do this at wallys. T... (more)

Donedealzz (Oct. 11, 2012 @ 9:56p) |

yes, that is too bad (that CVS didn't list a price in the ad). Agree, deals aren't as abundant as 4-5 years ago due to a... (more)

MISTERCHEAP (Oct. 12, 2012 @ 7:07a) |

Final cost $3.99 for all 6 just $.65 each. WOW!
Staff Summary

Is the Buy 2 Get 1 FREE already gone?

SlamminMOFO said:   Is the Buy 2 Get 1 FREE already gone?

did you use the zip shown?

Yes

SlamminMOFO said:   Yes

possibly, haven't looked for it myself. might have been a very limited prints coupon.

SlamminMOFO said:   Yes

(Use zip 50265) This coupon is for a different amount then one i posted earlier. You should be able to print two copies of this one as well.

MISTERCHEAP said:   SlamminMOFO said:   Yes

(Use zip 50265) This coupon is for a different amount then one i posted earlier. You should be able to print two copies of this one as well.

Do you happen to have another zip for the $2/2 Coupon? It appears to be dead on the original zip code. Thanks for the deal.

jpf6368 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   SlamminMOFO said:   Yes

Do you happen to have another zip for the $2/2 Coupon? It appears to be dead on the original zip code. Thanks for the deal.

not at this time.

your post must have brought the web site down. the site is not responding.

What are the chances that they will have any in stock? Based on the amount coupons printed. They are not very good.

Donedealzz said:   What are the chances that they will have any in stock? Based on the amount coupons printed. They are not very good.

unfortunately you are correct, you should PRICE MATCH THE DEAL at WalMart! Then use the coupons!

CVS doesn't carry big stocks on Frozen Foods, you'd be lucky to find 6 in one stores freezer.

I'd highly recommend going the WalMart route/bring in the CVS ad and print out WalMart's price match policy. They do allow BOGO as long as a sales price is shown in the ad. If CVS sells them for $6.99 and WalMart charges $5.89, they will adjust the price to $6.99 and give you the 2nd one free.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Donedealzz said:   What are the chances that they will have any in stock? Based on the amount coupons printed. They are not very good.

unfortunately you are correct, you should PRICE MATCH THE DEAL at WalMart! Then use the coupons!

CVS doesn't carry big stocks on Frozen Foods, you'd be lucky to find 6 in one stores freezer.

I'd highly recommend going the WalMart route/bring in the CVS ad and print out WalMart's price match policy. They do allow BOGO as long as a sales price is shown in the ad. If CVS sells them for $6.99 and WalMart charges $5.89, they will adjust the price to $6.99 and give you the 2nd one free.

With all due respect I can just see me trying to explain this deal to the Wallymart front end supervisor. Not worth the time and hassle.

VirginiaDC said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Donedealzz said:   What are the chances that they will have any in stock? Based on the amount coupons printed. They are not very good.

With all due respect I can just see me trying to explain this deal to the Wallymart front end supervisor. Not worth the time and hassle.

what is there really to explain? you bring the CVS ad (as long as it shows a price with the BOGO), have them ring up the 6 pizzas (pay for 3), then use the coupons as you normally would. you aren't doing anything wrong, and these are indeed manufacturer coupons, not store coupons involved here.

hmmm can't find the coupons using those zip codes...

Its a hassle because of there looks and the commotion it will involve. That does not bother you? Printed coupons automatically present a red flag.

Donedealzz said:   Its a hassle because of there looks and the commotion it will involve. That does not bother you? Printed coupons automatically present a red flag.

I personally could care less. I come armed with their written policies off their website, which back up what I'm doing. If you have the info to "educate" the pissy cashiers or managers, they usually back down and help you. It's when you show up and can't substatiate what you're trying to do that they jump up and down thinking you're ripping them off somehow.

If a huge corporation like WalMart is going to issue specific and detailed price match and coupon policies, the consumer should know how to make full use of them. That's why they exist, and why you shouldn't cower or avoid using them to your advantage. I'd say this DiGiorno deal is one good example.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Donedealzz said:   Its a hassle because of there looks and the commotion it will involve. That does not bother you? Printed coupons automatically present a red flag.

I personally could care less. I come armed with their written policies off their website, which back up what I'm doing. If you have the info to "educate" the pissy cashiers or managers, they usually back down and help you. It's when you show up and can't substatiate what you're trying to do that they jump up and down thinking you're ripping them off somehow.

If a huge corporation like WalMart is going to issue specific and detailed price match and coupon policies, the consumer should know how to make full use of them. That's why they exist, and why you shouldn't cower or avoid using them to your advantage. I'd say this DiGiorno deal is one good example.

Cower is the wrong word here. I've gone toe to toe with plenty of cashiers and managers. The people working the front end at WalMart don't know their own policy. I would have to explain it to them. Then when their eyes begin glassing over because it's too complicated for them they would insist I was wrong and trying to cheat them. It's not worth the hassle is all I'm saying. Sometimes it is, but for me this time it's not.

VirginiaDC said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Donedealzz said:   Its a hassle because of there looks and the commotion it will involve. That does not bother you? Printed coupons automatically present a red flag.

Cower is the wrong word here. I've gone toe to toe with plenty of cashiers and managers. The people working the front end at WalMart don't know their own policy. I would have to explain it to them. Then when their eyes begin glassing over because it's too complicated for them they would insist I was wrong and trying to cheat them. It's not worth the hassle is all I'm saying. Sometimes it is, but for me this time it's not.

However, are you bringing with you the printed out policies from their website when you go toe to toe with them DC? If it's there black and white that you are allowed to do such and such regarding either a price match or coupon policy, what possible reason can they have to deny you? I realize we are not always dealing with the brightest bulbs on the planet, but certainly, you'd hope at least the manager could read and understand what their own policy says on a piece of paper. I've always found having the policy with you is your best ammunition. It deflects from the "make up our own rules" statements or total misconceptions on store employees parts.

Cower may be the wrong word if you have the stomach for this type of thing, but as I say, if you're not equipping yourself with the right tools (printed out policy sheets), then you are going to have a much harder time and likely don't want to mess with it.

If after you've done this they still refuse that's when you contact an area manager or corporate, but I don't understand why they wouldn't carry out their own policies when shown off their website.

MISTERCHEAP said:   VirginiaDC said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Donedealzz said:   Its a hassle because of there looks and the commotion it will involve. That does not bother you? Printed coupons automatically present a red flag.

However, are you bringing with you the printed out policies from their website when you go toe to toe with them DC? If it's there black and white that you are allowed to do such and such regarding either a price match or coupon policy, what possible reason can they have to deny you? I realize we are not always dealing with the brightest bulbs on the planet, but certainly, you'd hope at least the manager could read and understand what their own policy says on a piece of paper. I've always found having the policy with you is your best ammunition. It deflects from the "make up our own rules" statements or total misconceptions on store employees parts.

Cower may be the wrong word if you have the stomach for this type of thing, but as I say, if you're not equipping yourself with the right tools (printed out policy sheets), then you are going to have a much harder time and likely don't want to mess with it.

If after you've done this they still refuse that's when you contact an area manager or corporate, but I don't understand why they wouldn't carry out their own policies when shown off their website.

Most of the front end people at my local WalMart read at a 4th grade level. Nuff said.

I will probably go to CVS first, then Wallyland for the fun of it.

MISTERCHEAP said:   CVS doesn't carry big stocks on Frozen Foods, you'd be lucky to find 6 in one stores freezer.Not to mention that the last time I looked, the only variety I think they carried was pepperoni.

Shoprite has these on sale for $4.47 starting on Sunday. Sees like a much better deal if the coupons all work.

This OP's incredible deal is based on an 'estimated' price of $7.99 for these pizzas, here in Middle America I've bought these at CVS before on previous B1G1 deals and their price is more like $10.99, the B1G1 basically makes them competive with grocery store sale prices in my experience. In other words, the amazing deal is based on a fictional price, I doubt any CVS has these for $7.99 with B1G1.

MISTERCHEAP said:   you should PRICE MATCH THE DEAL at WalMart! Then use the coupons!

Geez, I'm not trying to pick on you ... but first, the CVS ad does not show a price, so the WalMart Ad Match is unlikely to work (this is the first bullet of their AdMatch Guarantee), and second, at the CVS stores around me they do usually have a few dozen of these pizzas when they're on sale, I've bought them there before, but the reality is the B1G1 makes them the same price as grocery stores sell them on sale for (or WalMart's regular price).

WalMart DOZS NOT DO BUY 1 GET 1

jonnies said:   WalMart DOZS NOT DO BUY 1 GET 1

is your caps lock button broken??

they DO accept BOGO ads AS LONG AS A PRICE IS PUBLISHED in them. read their policy and stop posting up crapass posts.

Beckles said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   you should PRICE MATCH THE DEAL at WalMart! Then use the coupons!

Geez, I'm not trying to pick on you ... but first, the CVS ad does not show a price, so the WalMart Ad Match is unlikely to work (this is the first bullet of their AdMatch Guarantee), and second, at the CVS stores around me they do usually have a few dozen of these pizzas when they're on sale, I've bought them there before, but the reality is the B1G1 makes them the same price as grocery stores sell them on sale for (or WalMart's regular price).

I have stated all along that the price has to be in the ad for WalMart to accept it as a competitor. If there is absolutely no price shown, then you are correct, it wouldn't fly. But I never, ever, stated otherwise.

Beckles said:   This OP's incredible deal is based on an 'estimated' price of $7.99 for these pizzas, here in Middle America I've bought these at CVS before on previous B1G1 deals and their price is more like $10.99, the B1G1 basically makes them competive with grocery store sale prices in my experience. In other words, the amazing deal is based on a fictional price, I doubt any CVS has these for $7.99 with B1G1.

CVS charges the msrp price most likely, and bases bogo of that, they don't raise their shelf price for the BOGO, which is about $8 ea (so 2 for $8). Why would anyone buy a frozen pizza for $11? I can get a specialty pizza from Papa Johns or Pizza Hut for $10 usually.

mr creep get your head out of your A_ _ your starting to smell this place up

MISTERCHEAP said:   Beckles said:   This OP's incredible deal is based on an 'estimated' price of $7.99 for these pizzas, here in Middle America I've bought these at CVS before on previous B1G1 deals and their price is more like $10.99, the B1G1 basically makes them competive with grocery store sale prices in my experience. In other words, the amazing deal is based on a fictional price, I doubt any CVS has these for $7.99 with B1G1.CVS charges the msrp price most likely, and bases bogo of that, they don't raise their shelf price for the BOGO, which is about $8 ea (so 2 for $8). Why would anyone buy a frozen pizza for $11? I can get a specialty pizza from Papa Johns or Pizza Hut for $10 usually.Why would anyone buy groceries at regular price at CVS? The only reason I bought these pizzas there in the past was when they were B1G1 and I had a 5 off 25 or similar coupon and needed them as filler, otherwise it's not a good price. I don't ever recall a deal based on an estimated' price, why don't you go to a CVS and get the price instead of making up a price?

Mr C I personally think most of your deals are very good. And I appreciate your posting them. But we both know that the deals are not there anymore. It seems as though you are trying for a super deal. And are stretching things a little now. The BF deals are a joke, Staples, OD, and everyone has stopped the incentives. I have no doubt as this is why FW was sold.
Before people abused things companies were generous, so the hay day is gone.

Donedealzz said:   Mr C I personally think most of your deals are very good. And I appreciate your posting them. But we both know that the deals are not there anymore. It seems as though you are trying for a super deal. And are stretching things a little now. The BF deals are a joke, Staples, OD, and everyone has stopped the incentives. I have no doubt as this is why FW was sold.
Before people abused things companies were generous, so the hay day is gone.

a key component of this deal are the manu coupons. if you follow the stores coupon policies, everything suggested is legit within the guidelines. While you may be paying as low as .65 ea net, CVS is getting reimbursed for the value of the coupon based on legit purchases of the items. nothing has been stretched.

Yes, the WalMart option may not work if a price isn't listed in the CVS ad, and I was upfront about that aspect in a number of posts. But nothings' been stretched, it's all possible under the right circumstances. if those circumstances don't exist (ie the wal mart price match issue), then yes, that door is closed. but had the price but put in the ad, all would be possible if a store followed the written policy as it now exists.

Mr C, By stretching I mean making a deal bigger than it is. Most people are not going to be able to do this at wallys. There has been a great void in deals since the economy went south.

Donedealzz said:   Mr C, By stretching I mean making a deal bigger than it is. Most people are not going to be able to do this at wallys. There has been a great void in deals since the economy went south.

yes, that is too bad (that CVS didn't list a price in the ad). Agree, deals aren't as abundant as 4-5 years ago due to a) some chains going out of business b) policies changing c) and more people competeting for the deals that exist.

Once the economy tanked, we saw a lot more people getting into coupons and deals all looking to save a buck, that lead to shows like extreme couponing which led to stores cracking down in part on certain "loose" policies. so it can be a vicious cycle.

that said, the deals are still there, maybe just less frequent and require more planning or "early bird" strategies. And then it becomes a time investment vs $ investment return, do you invest 90-120 minutes of your time to save $10 or $20? that becomes a personal decision, and what other deals exist that you'd rather go after.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014