Precision aluminum unibody
FREE SHIPPING

Apple 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM

Member Summary

New Macbook Air
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Apple is supposed to be so green but they are leaving a trail of millions of disposable products behind them. They neve... (more)

clearanceman (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 6:01p) |

The next laptop that isn't a "disposable product" will be the first. Get real.

slickdeal45 (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 8:51p) |

ahhh, aren't apple products wonderful?

they have made already the hard decision for their customers; they really don't ne... (more)

lordoffire (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 9:00p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not too bad. Just be aware that this is not the latest model.

Not the greatest specs

It is an older model, and many stores have it for quite a discount from the old MSRP. Newegg has it at $789, almost all have it for under $800. Just a little perspective.

2gb of ram, haha that's sad.

keaton85 said: 2gb of ram, haha that's sad.Text

I have this exact machine and for what I use it for the 2gb of ram is just fine.

Wish I could have purchased at this price though.

keaton85 said:   2gb of ram, haha that's sad.

feels like 2004.

How hard is it to upgrade RAM on an Air? Its pretty easy (and cheap) on most laptops.

youngcrv said:   How hard is it to upgrade RAM on an Air? Its pretty easy (and cheap) on most laptops.

You can't. It is soldered to the board. Which makes the 2GB even sadder.

scoobydooby said:   youngcrv said:   How hard is it to upgrade RAM on an Air? Its pretty easy (and cheap) on most laptops.

Reminds me of the moment when I saw a 1st gen iPod in a display at Museum of Modern Art.

Is 64GB going to be enough for me?

icameisawibought said: Is 64GB going to be enough for me?Text

64, 65 whatever it takes.

64gb is more then enough for os, and apps you want installed.

you have to understand that it's portability that's the most important-
not how big a hard drive you can fit in there.

don't store your photos, important documents on the laptop. you have
the icloud for that. for those that are paranoid that server farms get hacked
all the time, store your stuff in ext hdd, usb sticks, discs, etc.

leave the onboard ssd for core stuff (os, apps). believe me, it'll run much
more efficiently, and just as fast as the first day you turned it on.

icameisawibought said:   Is 64GB going to be enough for me?

That depends - what do you plan to do with it?

Once you consider the OS, all the iWork stuff, Photoshop and Microsoft Office, you'll be around 23GB. That doesn't leave all that much for anything else.

The cloud can help with some of that, but there are plenty of times that the cloud can't be reached. Personally I'd never go with anything that small - especially since upgrading is so tough. I'd go for the 4GB/128GB from day one.

scoobydooby is right (green for you) , not upgradable. Here is a extensive review of this unit by users:

Review:

Review

Model specifications:
Specs

Can't add memory. Can't add storage. Overpriced crapple.

Sales tax plus only 64gb storage;(

Same price atMacConnection. NO TAX in California

Thanks indeed

icameisawibought said:   Is 64GB going to be enough for me?

I don't consider myself a pack rat but a 64gb system drive is too small for any machine that will get any sort of heavy or regular use. By the time you install all your apps and key files I'd be down to about 20 gigs and I think that is limiting to the point of always having to mess with file management offloading things to the cloud or external media.

Given the price of SSD's nowadays for me personally it is just not worth it. Pay yourself $40/hr for your time and that little 64gb drive starts costing you money fast.

I never mess with the file management and I use this same machine for hours everyday- all the time. It has what I need on it, plenty of room for the apps and music I need and use regularily. You have to pick the specs that fit your needs. This machine is certainly not a one size fits all nor is it any thing close to a powerhouse or gaming machine. But is is small, light, blazing fast and extrememly reliable. I only feel that way becasue it fits my needs. I "over purchased" machines for years. It was a hard habit to break.

g10ny said:   scoobydooby said:   youngcrv said:   How hard is it to upgrade RAM on an Air? Its pretty easy (and cheap) on most laptops.

Reminds me of the moment when I saw a 1st gen iPod in a display at Museum of Modern Art.

At least on those, you could pop out the hard drive and put in a new one if you wanted to. You're going to have a much harder time upgrading the memory on the Air.

Can you do apple tv mirroring on this?

Mac Connection now does charge tax in California.

Overpriced Apple netbook, junk.

Trickracen said:   Overpriced Apple netbook, junk.
Faster then any POS windows netbook out there.. Plus it runs OS X..

Netbook? If it is a netbook it's the best one ever at a nice price.

Netbooks’ marquee desirable feature has always been their small form factor; but unfortunately, screens and keyboards have up to now tended to be too small to be comfortable for production work sessions, and underpowered processors that have made them sluggish and frustrating to use. The smaller 11.6-inch MacBook Air, with its 1366 x 768 resolution display and full-sized keyboard, is really the ultimate small form-factor laptop that will appeal to a lot of executives and road warriors in business and other professional or power user use.

If you are the kind of person that must make every penny count, this is not for you.
If you are the kind of person that can only have one computer, this is not for you.
If you want to rip your entire DVD and CD collection, this is not for you.
If you want to play (insert your favorite PC game here), this is not for you.
If you want to move effortlessly through an airport, pull some pictures or video off your camera [or] run mainstream business software, this definitely is for you!

keaton85 said:   Trickracen said:   Overpriced Apple netbook, junk.

Yeah, it's pretty fast. Easy to set up. The lightest laptop I've ever used. Takes great pictures too.

Please don't feed the trolls.

poorfatkid said:   Netbook? If it is a netbook it's the best one ever at a nice price.

Netbooks’ marquee desirable feature has always been their small form factor; but unfortunately, screens and keyboards have up to now tended to be too small to be comfortable for production work sessions, and underpowered processors that have made them sluggish and frustrating to use. The smaller 11.6-inch MacBook Air, with its 1366 x 768 resolution display and full-sized keyboard, is really the ultimate small form-factor laptop that will appeal to a lot of executives and road warriors in business and other professional or power user use.

If you are the kind of person that must make every penny count, this is not for you.
If you are the kind of person that can only have one computer, this is not for you.
If you want to rip your entire DVD and CD collection, this is not for you.
If you want to play (insert your favorite PC game here), this is not for you.
If you want to move effortlessly through an airport, pull some pictures or video off your camera [or] run mainstream business software, this definitely is for you!

Is there a badge for this ? After a long time, I have seen a post saying this deal is NOT for you. nice!

Obvious troll is obvious?

Asus Zenbook UX21 - about $50 more, 128GB ssd, 4GB memory, plus it runs Windows! Also comes with an Ethernet dongle, VGA dongle and a case.

youngcrv said:   How hard is it to upgrade RAM on an Air? Its pretty easy (and cheap) on most laptops.

about as easy as upgrading the ram on an ipod touch or an iphone.

scottxmso said:   g10ny said:   scoobydooby said:   youngcrv said:   How hard is it to upgrade RAM on an Air? Its pretty easy (and cheap) on most laptops.

At least on those, you could pop out the hard drive and put in a new one if you wanted to. You're going to have a much harder time upgrading the memory on the Air.

Apple is supposed to be so green but they are leaving a trail of millions of disposable products behind them. They never heard of a user replaceable battery or micro SD slot. This air may have a user replaceable battery but the iphone and ipod touch don't nor micro SD card. This air has no replaceable ram.

The next laptop that isn't a "disposable product" will be the first. Get real.

scoobydooby said:   youngcrv said:   How hard is it to upgrade RAM on an Air? Its pretty easy (and cheap) on most laptops.

ahhh, aren't apple products wonderful?

they have made already the hard decision for their customers; they really don't need more RAM

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014