• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Promo code BIGDEAL40
Book by Thursday.
Fly between 11/28/12 - 12/12/12 and/or 1/7/13 - 2/14/13

Terms and Conditions

• The multi-use discount code is required to be used in the Promo Code box on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com in order to receive 40 percent discount off roundtrip Wanna Get Away fares during the valid travel dates listed below.
  • Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people.
  • Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made prior to 11:59 pm PT on Oct. 11, 2012, for travel between Nov. 28 through Dec. 12, 2012, and Jan. 7 through Feb. 14, 2013.
  • Day of week and City Pair exclusions include:
    • Sundays
    • Austin-Orlando
    • Detroit-Phoenix
    • Orlando-Phoenix
    • Travel to/from Ft. Myers, FL

• Blackout Dates include travel to/from the following airports:
    • New Orleans flights from Jan. 17 through Jan.21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
    • Las Vegas flights Jan. 10 through Jan 14, 2013, Jan. 17 through Jan. 21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
    • Washington Reagan National (DCA), Washington Dulles (IAD), and Baltimore-Washington (BWI) Jan. 17 through Jan. 23, 2013.

• 40 percent discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
  • To obtain discount on existing reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation booked using the discount code (fare rules apply).
  • Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.
  • Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion. The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!
  • Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards Points.
  • Discount is not valid on Jackpot or Southwest Vacation package deals.

Southwest Airlines Vacations
See Southwest Airlines Vacations discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Southwest Airlines 40% off sale
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

Southwest - 40% flights nationwide
Thanks archena
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
dal - las november 28th - december 1st - $155 rt. woooohoooo!

linrick (Oct. 11, 2012 @ 12:53p) |

OP here. So my wife is the one who pointed out this deal to me yesterday. Now, 32 hours later, she suddenly decides that... (more)

RKBA (Oct. 11, 2012 @ 4:13p) |

Snagged a RT flight from Providence to Los Angeles for $165. How can you not travel when they give the seats away like ... (more)

Hemond (Oct. 12, 2012 @ 12:48a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the heads up... Wife and I are both off and kids are out of school for MLK day (1/21)... this will make for a great long-weekend trip after the Christmas season ends!

Just booked flights to Vegas baby!!
Actually just got back from there last week.
Good deals abound there now.
Brad

Can't figure out where to enter promocode on southwest.com. Please advise.

mysteryAgain said:   Can't figure out where to enter promocode on southwest.com. Please advise.Just click the OP links, it is entered for you.

mysteryAgain said:   Can't figure out where to enter promocode on southwest.com. Please advise.

If you click on the "Southwest Airlines 40% off" in the Quick Summary, it will take you to the page to make the reservations, the promo code is already entered. Or if you just go to the main page southwest.com, you will see the reservation box on the left side, there is an empty field with a question mark (it will change to 'Promo Code' ).

mysteryAgain said:   Can't figure out where to enter promocode on southwest.com. Please advise.

Sorry, but can't let this one go. It's ADVICE!

ogg said:   mysteryAgain said:   Can't figure out where to enter promocode on southwest.com. Please advise.

haha, no it's not buddy!

ogg said:   mysteryAgain said:   Can't figure out where to enter promocode on southwest.com. Please advise.

Have to know when to hold em and when to fold em man. Hopefully you haven't booked tickets to Vegas already.

Not a good Deal for me. PHL to FLL (MLK weekend)

Prices were less last week. Looks like they rasied the prices and than gave 40% off.

Last week it took less than 8,000 points to go.

The 40% off does not affect points. This week 11,000+ points to go.

Since points are based off the cost, the cost went up.

However, if you are flexable a deal can be found. Much better prices during the week

Got round trip for my parents to/from Florida in December/January for $256 total ($65 each Senior rate + tax) with this sale! Nice. Thanks.

Please advise with your advice.

theedge103 said:   Got round trip for my parents to/from Florida in December/January for $256 total ($65 each Senior rate + tax) with this sale! Nice. Thanks.

Please advice how you got the senior rates? You're comment will be very helpfull.

Thanks.

Slider said:   theedge103 said:   Got round trip for my parents to/from Florida in December/January for $256 total ($65 each Senior rate + tax) with this sale! Nice. Thanks.

Please advice how you got the senior rates? You're comment will be very helpfull.

Thanks.

When you book the flight, there is a drop box for quantity of adult and senior. You just enter the quantity. But the senior rate not available for all flights.

mrbigballer said:   ogg said:   mysteryAgain said:   Can't figure out where to enter promocode on southwest.com. Please advise.

haha, no it's not buddy!

Probably belongs to the "would of", "could of", "should of" group too. Lol.

Hope you didn't buy the "Silently Correcting Your Grammar" T-Shirt

Who is qualified for senior rate?

Anyone know if you get the regular amount of frequent flyer miles if you use the offer?

Why are the ->Phoenix places blacked out? I live in Phoenix and I want to know if something cool is going on that I don't know about.

LexingtonNinja said:   Anyone know if you get the regular amount of frequent flyer miles if you use the offer?

"Frequent Flyer miles" is based on how much you paid so if you got a discount, then the amount is the discount price used in the calculation of how many points you will get

Woohoo, discounted travel from Houston to Boston for the Texans@Patriots game on MNF!

mysteryAgain said:   Who is qualified for senior rate?

Seniors who advice people !! lol

Senior rates were chosen at the time I looked for flights (on the right side box dropdown). Not sure if they proof you! But my parents are old enough.

totally hot for me
now to plan other trips

Sorry, so close, yet so far away. The difference between advice and advise

afox50x said:   ogg said:   mysteryAgain said:   Can't figure out where to enter promocode on southwest.com. Please advise.

Sorry, so close, yet so far away. The difference between advice and advise

I think I got this one right. I used verb 'advise'. No?

i agree that the prices with 40% don't seem much different then the regular prices....was doing pittsburgh to las vegas 1/25-1/28 $535 bones for 2

Sucks. I wanted for November 22 through 25.

ummm sorry but original poster had it correct. Advice is a noun. It means 'a suggestion for a beneficial course of action'. Advise is a verb. It means 'to give advice'. "mysteryAgain" you did use the term correctly.

Thanks, scored BNA to RDU for $121 RT....that is the cheapest I have seen in a while!

Slider said:   theedge103 said:   Got round trip for my parents to/from Florida in December/January for $256 total ($65 each Senior rate + tax) with this sale! Nice. Thanks.

Thanks.

HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE FOR SENIOR DISCOUNT?

WHAT IS SENIOR DISCOUNT?

Markfaafp said:   
HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE FOR SENIOR DISCOUNT?

WHAT IS SENIOR DISCOUNT?

65 year or older.

VEGAS!

ATL>LAS for $309 doesn't seem to be a screaming deal to me. Nor does ATL>AUS for $250. Southwest is pretty new to Atlanta. Anyone know of any good routes out of ATL?

EWR TO LAS $191, combine with Priceline Trump Hotel for a sweet deal. Anyone have any deals on H&B

Thanks OP.
Booked trip from West Palm To Denver in January.
Only mistake I made was when selecting trip I inputed one seat instead of two, when I went back to book second trip, price had increased $33 on return trip. I did not want to risk waiting so I booked it.
All-in-all roundtrip for two people $447. I was planning to go on snowboarding trip anyway, this deal just made me pull trigger sooner.

Great find!

Now got a trip for me, Buffalo to Orlando $493 for 3 people. I could have had it for $417 a day earlier, but we couldn't figure out dates we wanted to go... ;( The good news is that I just sold 63,000 air miles for $675 ! So that covers it!

You can advise her by giving an advice.

Op, good find. Thanks!

here's some advise (sic):Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln
sorry, couldn't resist.

Dayumm! $127 to atl-den in late January. Direct flights...

Skipping 4 Messages...
Snagged a RT flight from Providence to Los Angeles for $165. How can you not travel when they give the seats away like this?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014