• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Black (109.13kB)
Disclaimer

White (18.25kB)
Disclaimer
I happened to see this in-store, but appears online for in-store pickup too. Decent reviews, just make sure you have the space for this size and style of refrigerator. $996 at Lowes, lowest price I could find for same model was $1650, and for newer model, even higher! Nice thing about the lower price is the extended warranty, if you decide to purchase, is lower too

Lowes info Item #:315507 | Model #:RF263AEBP (this is for black)

Link for Black

Item #: 315514 | Model #: RF263AEWP (white)

Link for White

Some features: 25.8 cu ft French Door Refrigerator (White) ENERGY STAR
• Energy Starฎ qualified
• Twin cooling system uses two evaporators to independently control the temperature of the refrigerator and the freezer compartments, maintaining proper humidity levels and preventing odor transfers between compartments
• Surround Air Flow provides even cooling throughout the refrigerator to maintain optimal temperatures to keep food fresh
• Power Freeze and Power Cool options can be used when foods need to be brought down to a lower temperature quickly or when the temperature inside the refrigerator or freezer compartment needs to be cooled due to repeated door openings
• EZ-Open HandleTM on freezer door
• Automatic filtered ice maker in freezer
• Two humidity controlled crispers
• Cool Select PantryTM provides additional temperature control for your food storage needs with fresh, chilled and deli options

Lowe's
See Lowe's coupons that earn Up to 2.25% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Wow, that is a bummer I know that our store had a similar one, clearanced for $300 more though, with the in-door water/... (more)

Thisiswhaticanafford (Oct. 21, 2012 @ 8:09a) |

Received my white one yesterday from chino hills, CA
Perfect for my new house
Thanks a million

dunguvirus (Oct. 24, 2012 @ 9:13a) |

Bought one too. Renton WA.
Thanks!!

10% coupon off eBay too as someone here suggested. Awesome!

delivered Fri Oct 26.

Quick... (more)

Bhagwan (Oct. 28, 2012 @ 12:23p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Showing up $996 for black, but white is $1899 in Central FL. Wish it was available in SS. I'd grab one.

Showing $1899 for both here in Duluth, GA.

price variation might be based on item being in stock at the store you are searching

Showing up for the right price in north jersey, but reviews on amazon seem mixed:

1899 here for both colors here in Los Angeles

All, based on some of these posts I have updated the title to include YMMV. Frig reviews on Lowe's site are much more favorable

Has a 73 rating at CR. Not bad. Same price for me in MA. I am tempted. Maybe I can dig up one of those 10% off.

I had a very bad experience with Samsung refrigerator and their customer service.
PSEG tech also suggested not to buy Samsung or LG.
May be this model is good. Google reviews before you buy.

no water in door?

Add this 10% off coupon (470704267815241) making it $896.xx + tax

russ0519 said:   Showing up for the right price in north jersey, but reviews on amazon seem mixed:

I have this one with Stainless Steel skin. Looks great and works well. The LED lights and digital temperature control are really cool. No water dispenser is a plus for me since I only drink boiled water anyway. The useful space inside is much more than my old 25 cu ft Whirlpool frig.

The only issue I had is the default 38C for upper level is too cold and vegetables in the back were frozen. I raised the temperature to 40C and resolve the issue.

Have heard that not having the water dispenser does add inside space, friend had a different brand that had problems with a leaky water dispenser. Cool feature but I can live without it

So a 10% coupon would work for this at a clearance price?!? Might have to go back to store to have them re-ring if that's the case!!

This is a nice unit & for this money, it's really a no-brainer.

My local Lowe's does not have the black and the white is coming up 1254.40. But also offering free truck delivery. My nearest store that has the black fridge at $996 is 50 miles away but also has free truck delivery, but I dont think they'll come this far for that :/ A real shame this cant work out, as I could meet my Barclay NFL card $1000 spend to get the $400 bonus which would make this fridge $600!

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1225325/ why not get the platinum one of this for 200 more?

I ordered the other one but if this has better reviews or something I am missing I will change !

Too tall for me I only have 67 3/4", darn

Tornadochaser said:   My local Lowe's does not have the black and the white is coming up 1254.40. But also offering free truck delivery. My nearest store that has the black fridge at $996 is 50 miles away but also has free truck delivery, but I dont think they'll come this far for that :/ A real shame this cant work out, as I could meet my Barclay NFL card $1000 spend to get the $400 bonus which would make this fridge $600!

The normally will do store transfer for no cost..... at least they have for me in the past

I answered my own question, the 10% coupon worked (had one begging to be used haha)

mrlemm said:   1899 here for both colors here in Los Angelesyou can select the chino hills store ($996 for either color) and have it shipped to your home for free.

edit: i don't know what the free shipping distance limit is but i was able to add it to my cart and select the free shipping. i don't need the refrig so i didn't go all the way through with the checkout. i'm helping a friend shop for a refrig but unfortunately this one is too wide for her kitchen.

Get a rebate from your electric company for $50-75 and mine also take the old one for another $50. So another easy cool $100.

mshopper2 said:   Get a rebate from your electric company for $50-75 and mine also take the old one for another $50. So another easy cool $100.

Thanks, ours is just $25 but I'll take it!

flipr said:   Tornadochaser said:   My local Lowe's does not have the black and the white is coming up 1254.40. But also offering free truck delivery. My nearest store that has the black fridge at $996 is 50 miles away but also has free truck delivery, but I dont think they'll come this far for that :/ A real shame this cant work out, as I could meet my Barclay NFL card $1000 spend to get the $400 bonus which would make this fridge $600!

The normally will do store transfer for no cost..... at least they have for me in the past

Hi, how does this work? Do I need to call the store thats 50 miles away and ask them to transfer it? Or call the store by me and ask them to request it from the other store? Or should I call the 800 number and ask them to request it? Sorry I've never done this before.

With Samsung any food spoilage due to a defect is on your nickle. Your experience will either be great or awful.

Showing 996 for both colors around Philly area.

mshopper2 said:   Get a rebate from your electric company for $50-75 and mine also take the old one for another $50. So another easy cool $100.

Boo, my utility will only give rebates for CEE Tier 3 fridges. This one is only Tier 1

GEEBOSS said:   With Samsung any food spoilage due to a defect is on your nickle. Your experience will either be great or awful.

Decided to get the 4 year warranty, which also covers food spoilage. The warranty cost seemed minimal for 4 years of additional coverage, was a bit over $100...

4 years of additional coverage or 4 years in total? I think buying this with an AMEX might also add an extra year or two of coverage for free.

Thisiswhaticanafford said:   GEEBOSS said:   With Samsung any food spoilage due to a defect is on your nickle. Your experience will either be great or awful.

Decided to get the 4 year warranty, which also covers food spoilage. The warranty cost seemed minimal for 4 years of additional coverage, was a bit over $100...

Anyone got a spare coupon to pm?

btw, don't forget discover 10% CB (5% quarterly + 5% shopdiscover). Or you could go the AMEX route and get an extra year's warranty

Good Deal! No go in Phoenix area looks like.

fatwellatio said:   4 years of additional coverage or 4 years in total? I think buying this with an AMEX might also add an extra year or two of coverage for free.

Thisiswhaticanafford said:   GEEBOSS said:   With Samsung any food spoilage due to a defect is on your nickle. Your experience will either be great or awful.

According to the Lowes Extended Protection Plan page, it says "While a manufacturer's warranty typically provides parts and labor protection for one year on these major appliances, a Lowe's Extended Protection Plan* offers coverage for an additional two or four years."

So if you can get it for the cost of < $1000 coverage, it's only $109 - any discount. This is cheaper than Square Trade's 5 year total coverage for $160. I might go for this

I thought I heard the sales person in the store say that surge protection wasn't covered, but the terms and conditions of the extended plan says indeed surge protection is covered. Had never given thought to a surge protector for a refrigerator before but with all the electronics nowadays, wouldn't hurt to get one I suppose.

And yes, just like DubSlick posted, I was told the years are 'additional'

FYI - Wife and I went to Lowe's in 19973. No white in stock, but shows them in stock for immediate pick up on the page. Also, white is on clearance, black is not.

Took a look at the black and the only three things we didn't like:
- No thru the door ice/water. Ice only in the freezer drawer.
- Showed fingerprints like CRAZY. Could be just the black.
- Freezer drawers are plastic and mostly solid. Makes them difficult to look around/thru as opposed to some other brands wire baskets.

SickPup, our current bottom freezer has the wire baskets and they can be annoying too, I have had items that were skinny and/or soft when put into the freezer get caught up in the wire...! Wonder why the white isn't clearanced at your store, I was originally told that 'corporate' was the one clearancing, not the individual store, perhaps there are regional 'corporates'?

So for all the folks who picked up this fridge, since there's no water dispenser, how do you do the initial water purging? My first ice cubes are coming out blackish, carbon from the filter I assume

DubSlick said:   So for all the folks who picked up this fridge, since there's no water dispenser, how do you do the initial water purging? My first ice cubes are coming out blackish, carbon from the filter I assumeThe last time I heard something lke this I was in Pompeii and it was 79AD.

DubSlick said:   So for all the folks who picked up this fridge, since there's no water dispenser, how do you do the initial water purging? My first ice cubes are coming out blackish, carbon from the filter I assume

Sure wish I could answer this for you, but mine hasn't even been delivered yet!!!! I did venture by Samsung's 'community support' and didn't find any reference to this issue there, but there is alot of good info about other 'issues' there lol

tomsev said:   Too tall for me I only have 67 3/4", darn

Too tall for me also , i am even not your size.

Thisiswhaticanafford said:   DubSlick said:   So for all the folks who picked up this fridge, since there's no water dispenser, how do you do the initial water purging? My first ice cubes are coming out blackish, carbon from the filter I assume

Sure wish I could answer this for you, but mine hasn't even been delivered yet!!!! I did venture by Samsung's 'community support' and didn't find any reference to this issue there, but there is alot of good info about other 'issues' there lol

Well after about 10 or so cubes, they are now clear.

Skipping 5 Messages...
Bought one too. Renton WA.
Thanks!!

10% coupon off eBay too as someone here suggested. Awesome!

delivered Fri Oct 26.

Quick look on-line and me thinks the deal may be dead now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014