• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CowBoom auctions going on NOW! 70 inch bidding around $700.00

PICK-UP ONLY!

CowBoom
See CowBoom promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sharp AQUOS 70in LED
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Went for $741 I think. It would have been an 8-hour round trip drive for me. I hee and hawed too long so I didn't bid, but it might have been worth the trip.

Four more units up for auction. My round trip would be 34 hours so pass.

Stolat said:   Four more units up for auction. My round trip would be 34 hours so pass.

I don't see any TV's under the main "hot auctions" screen. Where are they located ?

I had to search for "sharp aquos" and then click the Auctions tab.
I only saw two of them though.
Is there such a thing as a 3rd party shipper that can pick up and deliver? Even the Buy It Now price of $1097 is pretty reasonable.
Even if I wanted to make the 8-hour round trip, I have no idea how to keep it vertical in the back of a pickup.

GnatGoSplat said:   I had to search for "sharp aquos" and then click the Auctions tab.
I only saw two of them though.
Is there such a thing as a 3rd party shipper that can pick up and deliver? Even the Buy It Now price of $1097 is pretty reasonable.
Even if I wanted to make the 8-hour round trip, I have no idea how to keep it vertical in the back of a pickup.

Thanks. Yes, transport would also be a problem for me and most, since I assume..unless you have a large full-size SUV...there would be no way (minus a uhaul) to keep it upright for a long distance.

I don't believe LCD tv's need to be kept upright.

Beckles said:   I don't believe LCD tv's need to be kept upright.

I wanted to buy one of these last Black Friday (for twice the price) and was told the box does say not to transport it flat. Also, it looks like the Sharp Advisor on Best Buy's website strongly recommends not to transport it flat. http://reviews.bestbuy.com/answers/3545/product/2047632/sharp-aq...
Probably has to do with its size.

Man -- I wish I would have seen this yesterday. I'm 15 minutes from Earth City and would have snapped one up. How often do they do these?

This was a rare offering. I check their auctions daily as well as their front, home page for the occasional gem.

BTW, the Moderator moved the deal to "Expired" prematurely after the first of five units finished its auction. I communicated my displeasure but the Mod seemed clueless about the significance of the deal to the FW community.

Also, BTW, I have no affiliation with the vendor; I just wanted to spread the word as payback to fellow FWers who have provided excellent advice and selfless sharing.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014