• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Fast Charger (85.93kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I bought mine off eBay. With two AA batteries they seem to last about as long as a D.

mdyoung (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 8:28p) |

I got mine...

Unfortunately these are made in China... I just hope the Cell is NOT.. can't find the info...

dragonbackup (Oct. 19, 2012 @ 11:34p) |

I don't know where maxell is on the spectrum, but there is a good review of LSD Batteries here:

http://www.stefanv.com/el... (more)

jw530 (Oct. 29, 2012 @ 12:37a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Or code maxell1 will also work

Any comments on perceived quality?

In for one; I have several chargers, but none that will charge via usb - this will be handy. Thanks!

Hmmm, I wonder how these compare to Eneloops or Duracell's precharged LSD batteries?

looks to me they are like duracell (black tops).

In for one. Our baby swing goes through D batteries like crazy so these combined with an adapter will make it much more affordable.

got one, Thnx OP, my external flash is energy guzzler....these will help...

Thanks OP, in for one.

In for one; I have several chargers, but none that will charge via usb - this will be handy. Thanks![
Think you might have misunderstood, it says "USB OUTPUT" not input. However, it does appear from the indicator lights that it will charge one or two batteries at a time which is nice.

Very few reviews nor pricing references online, but the company info from Wikipedia:
Hitachi Maxell, Ltd. (日立マクセル株式会社, Hitachi Makuseru?), commonly known as Maxell, is a Japanese company which manufactures consumer electronics. The company's notable products are batteries -- the company's name is a contraction of "maximum capacity dry cell" -- and recording media, including audio cassettes and blank VHS tapes, and recordable optical discs like CD-R/RW and DVD±RW.

Oh well, in for one, not much to risk here.

I have several adapters of the one AA to one D kind. Am thinking of trying the two AA to one D type. Any helpful hints on the best place to look?

Only paypal it seems....

WillyWah said:   In for one. Our baby swing goes through D batteries like crazy so these combined with an adapter will make it much more affordable.
Baby swing.. If it takes 4 cells ( 6v ) there is a good chance you can open it up and solder a adapter onto it. Or if you feels like it, solder a usb cable and use a good usb charger it will also work.

Maxell's BC-100 product page (virtually useless)
Amazon's page says "retain 85% of their charge after six months", comparable to Rayovac or Duracell black-top LSDs. Definitely not comparable to Eneloops.

ChasBreit said:   I have several adapters of the one AA to one D kind. Am thinking of trying the two AA to one D type. Any helpful hints on the best place to look?http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1015675/m15008966/#m15...

-deleted-

moejarv said:   WillyWah said:   In for one. Our baby swing goes through D batteries like crazy so these combined with an adapter will make it much more affordable.
Baby swing.. If it takes 4 cells ( 6v ) there is a good chance you can open it up and solder a adapter onto it. Or if you feels like it, solder a usb cable and use a good usb charger it will also work.

First of all, the adapter idea is a no go. There is an extensive blog that I read a year or two ago about a guy who thought the same thing, tried it and discovered it was far more complicated than that. He details the journey on a good blog--google it, I can't remember the site. Second, a USB charger will not come close to the amount of amps required for a baby swing. Definitely don't even think of trying that. Third, having used AA rechargeables with D adapters in a baby swing myself, I can tell you, they drain in a matter of a small number of days and when they die, they die quick and completely...like in the middle of your baby's nap the swing will stop. So if you really want to use rechargeables for a baby swing, you have two choices--and as you can see, I did a lot of looking into this: 1) Buy D-cell rechargeables and a charger that fits (look on Amazon, they're there) or 2) Use the AA and adapters and plan to recharge every day, or every other day, if you value your baby staying asleep.

retain 85% of their charge after six months
does that mean if i charge it after 6 months i get back 100% capacity?

It means that if you charge it today, it will still have 85% of the full charge in six months. At that time, you can then charge it back up to 100%. Or maybe at that point it will only be able to hold 99% of it's original charge...but you get the idea.

Maxell used to use Sanyo cells. I bought them several years ago, the batteries were all made in Japan and look identical to the Sanyo cells at the time. Now, no idea where these batteries are from; however, Maxell is a very reputable accessory manufacturer in Japan. They're big there.

ok, i took my chances and bought those! will post where these batteries were made

ChasBreit said:   I have several adapters of the one AA to one D kind. Am thinking of trying the two AA to one D type. Any helpful hints on the best place to look?

I bought mine off eBay. With two AA batteries they seem to last about as long as a D.

I got mine...

Unfortunately these are made in China... I just hope the Cell is NOT.. can't find the info...

I don't know where maxell is on the spectrum, but there is a good review of LSD Batteries here:

http://www.stefanv.com/electronics/low_self_discharge.html

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014