QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Foscam Wireless TVL Dome-Shaped IP Surveillance Camera $69.99 Shipped (eBay Daily Deal)

First page
1 of 3
Butcherboy
10/11/12 11:30 AM
Foscam Wireless TVL Dome-Shaped IP Surveillance Camera $69.99 Shipped (eBay Daily Deal)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Foscam-FI8910W-Wireless-N-IP-Camera-CMOS...

sd
WikiPost
10/11/12 11:30 AM
Myers215
10/11/12 11:39 AM
duplicate post.
apkesh
10/11/12 11:41 AM
thanks. Last time they had this sale, it was sold out very quick. Just got my self another one.
Myers215
10/11/12 11:44 AM
This is a very good deal on these - I'm picking up two more. Word of warning though, if you're not computer savvy you will have a hell of a time setting these up to run on your wireless network with remote monitoring.
omarECD
10/11/12 12:18 PM
Is this for outdoor use too (weatherproof)?
Myers215
10/11/12 12:35 PM
omarECD said:   

Is this for outdoor use too (weatherproof)?

No, but you can buy the dome enclosures on eBay.
dsdunbar
10/11/12 12:50 PM
...whats your definition of computer savvy? i only ask because your post concerns me...I do not consider myself Computer Savvy, but better than the average. I tend to find a lot of engineers on fatwallet (i am an engineer) so i believe that when someone says "computer Savvy" that means...very competent. Can you share some more about the difficulties of setting this up remotely....or send me to a place that outlines the complications (I haven't checked Amazon yet).

thanks
Myers215
10/11/12 1:15 PM
dsdunbar said:   

...whats your definition of computer savvy? i only ask because your post concerns me...I do not consider myself Computer Savvy, but better than the average. I tend to find a lot of engineers on fatwallet (i am an engineer) so i believe that when someone says "computer Savvy" that means...very competent. Can you share some more about the difficulties of setting this up remotely....or send me to a place that outlines the complications (I haven't checked Amazon yet).

thanks

Here's a post from someone that lays out the steps for setting up multiple foscams: Link

The biggest problem most people will face is you have to put the camera on a static IP address. If you don't do this then on occasion the camera's ip address will change and you will lose your feed; this happens when you reset your router, unplug the camera etc. The camera is 100% useless if it's not on a static IP address.

To put it on a static IP you need a DNS service (which is free and the Foscam instructions help you set up). Once you have your DNS account set up that keeps your camera's IP address static from the camera to the internet, but you also need it static between your router and the camera so next you'll need to go in your router and tie whatever IP address you're making static to the MAC address of the camera (this is easier to do than it sounds - you'll have an "advanced" section of your routers settings that will bind an IP and Mac address together). You also need to open up the port you assign to the camera through your router.

That probably wasn't the easiest/best explanation but those are the hardest steps required to set these up and believe it or not my explanation will help you a lot when you get your Foscams.
egenesis
10/11/12 1:44 PM
I am looking for a HD wireless surveillance camera. Can anyone recommend any? I already have this one but the resolution is pretty low.
First page
1 of 3
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.