Member Summary

Camera + Printer
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

Photo Paper
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I'm in with ya, did you do the paper too? I did - will see if I have to return it if it doesn't come with the rebate.

DamnoIT (Oct. 25, 2012 @ 3:36p) |

Yes, I did. It subracts the price of the paper at checkout. If anyone else is doing this deal, make sure you choose 'A... (more)

mstudlee (Oct. 25, 2012 @ 3:57p) |

Choosing Amazon as the Seller, am not able to add the printer to the cart anymore.

"We're sorry. The item Canon PIXMA Pro... (more)

mail2genious (Oct. 25, 2012 @ 4:14p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Excellent photo printer. Very nice final price. With the rebate in mind, keep an eye open for other reputable sellers offering a better deal.
Green.

Canon CLI-8 8-Color Multipack Ink Tanks

Ink costs $79.98. Any good refilling kit available?

Cheap alternative ink

Great deal; I almost wish I needed another one!

aarzi said:   One option:

http://www.staples.com/Canon-PIXMA-Pro9000-Mark-II-Photo-Printer...

Is there a rebate that's valid at Staples?

f2000sa said:   Canon CLI-8 8-Color Multipack Ink Tanks

The cartridges are chipped, so you would also need new chips or a resetter.

You can buy the OEM 8 packs from Staples with a $25 off coupon + PM to Amazon, then recycle the cartridges for $2 each, which is not so bad.

Cheap alternative ink

That's not the right one, you need a CLI-8 8 pack.

It says offer valid through 9/30, for the paper. I didn't check it in the checkout, but it seems the paper won't be free.

Rebate is from July to Dec. Be careful if you already bought one in last 3-4 months.

f2000sa said:   Canon CLI-8 8-Color Multipack Ink Tanks

Cheap alternative ink
Why would anyone buy this printer and then look for cheap ink? Plenty of lower-end (but still excellent) PIXMA printers for that.

Thanks op I have a backup now and extra ink and free paper !

This is very cheap and easy to refill with high quality ink and a chip reseter!

Check eBay for refill kits I buy from seller chubs380 on eBay with great oem like color!

speejackson said:   It says offer valid through 9/30, for the paper. I didn't check it in the checkout, but it seems the paper won't be free.

The paper does still come out free if you put it in your cart with the printer. Be sure to select the one that's sold by Amazon.

aarzi said:   f2000sa said:   Canon CLI-8 8-Color Multipack Ink Tanks

Cheap alternative ink
Why would anyone buy this printer and then look for cheap ink? Plenty of lower-end (but still excellent) PIXMA printers for that.

no kidding, you want cheap ink, this isn't the deal for you. it's also dye based, not pigment

FYI on ink- Although this takes 8 ink carts., they do not run out at anywhere close to the same rate. You'll go through many many other colors before the red and green tanks even start to come off the "full" line. I would recommend that you not order the full set of replacement inks as you may never even replace the red and green!

FYI
Previously some rebates may have been rejected for a similar rebate offer because the UPC was "peeled" from the box?
I read this on another deal site and also here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1128121/

For the above, the rebate says something along the lines of "there must be a whole in the box from removing the UPC", so you really need to cut out thru the box.

It looks like Amazon sold out of their stock. It is now being sold from "Unique Photo" for $319. Also, Amazon currently states a shipping time of 1-2 months on the paper (it's in stock from other sellers but I don't believe you will get it free from them).

Looks like the price by Amazon is up to $325.36 now.

Amazon 325.36 with delivery estimated Nov. 7, 2012 - Nov. 26, 2012 with my 2 day prime shipping. Paper will be here Tues though

UPDATE: looks like the paper is the thing backordered. Printer will arrive monday...

Just got it. Still a good deal at $325. Thank you OP.

Dang, I was about to get this, but saw more than a few reviews that said that the black and white output is mediocre at best. I really would like a printer that does at least "good" B&W prints, as my current Pixma does mediocre. Yeah, I know, you buy this one for the larger format, and no doubt it's great with color, but if I am going to commit to something this big, and the special carts and paper sizes needed, etc., I want something that has great output all around.

If I didn't print so much B&W, I would get this in a skinny minute.

So its $325 from Amazon and then you get a $200 card, so final price $125? Is that right?

I would just buy one of the used ones ... there's 254 to pick from!

No waiting for rebate. Get to use paper you already have ...

rogue2800 said:   So its $325 from Amazon and then you get a $200 card, so final price $125? Is that right?

Yes, make sure to select Amazon.com as the seller on the paper to get it free at checkout too. It defaults to another seller as Amazon is not the cheapest prime seller for the paper...

Ron

aarzi said:   Why would anyone buy this printer and then look for cheap ink? Plenty of lower-end (but still excellent) PIXMA printers for that.

I'm thinking of getting a second one to be able to print 13x19 posters cheaply with generic ink... they don't have to have perfect color or last a long time. The only problem with this idea is that the printer is so huge, I barely have room for one of them, let alone two.

Here's a generic ink source: megatoners.com

P.S. What's the best 8.5x11 format printer that uses CLI-8 ink?

P.P.S. Price is now up to $356

Thanks, Thats real tempting. Wouldnt use it often but would ultimately be cheaper than paying for the larger prints I think.

I bought one because my wife wanted a photo printer. The thing is MASSIVE. you really can't get a feel for it without seeing it in person. It weighs a lot too. The ink cartridges are itty bitty. I wonder how many actual prints I will get out of it.

Just to keep in mind if you think you will save money. Costo prints photos and they have always done a great job for me (ALWAYS remeber to do you own developing and sharpening in photoshop or lightroom and TURN OFF THE DIGITAL CORRECTION at the store)

Prices are dirt cheap. Costs more in gas to get out there and they can print photos larger than the 13x19. Cost:
4x6 0.13ea
5x7 0.39ea
8x10 1.49ea
8x12 1.49ea
11x14 2.99ea
12x18 2.99ea

at only 2.99 for a 12x8 you will have to print a lot of big prints to make it worthwhile. Really only buy this if you want the convience of not having to go to a lab.

So, I just noticed that the price of the printer is now $228.53 from Amazon. Amazon is currently out of stock, but the rebate is good if purchased by December 31st.

Amazon said: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

So, the new price is $28.53 after rebate! If it doesn't ship by 12/31, I'll just cancel.

mstudlee said:   So, I just noticed that the price of the printer is now $228.53 from Amazon. Amazon is currently out of stock, but the rebate is good if purchased by December 31st.

Amazon said: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.

So, the new price is $28.53 after rebate! If it doesn't ship by 12/31, I'll just cancel.

I'm in with ya, did you do the paper too? I did - will see if I have to return it if it doesn't come with the rebate.

Yes, I did. It subracts the price of the paper at checkout. If anyone else is doing this deal, make sure you choose 'Amazon' as the seller.

Choosing Amazon as the Seller, am not able to add the printer to the cart anymore.

"We're sorry. The item Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Photo Printer (3295B002) is no longer available from the seller you selected."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014