• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung Galaxy S3 price drops $100 Sunday only at Best Buy

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57530819-1/samsung-galaxy-s3...

pandarisuresh op/sd

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy S3 (69.23kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Your post doesn't make any sense...why would you call Best Buy to unlock a new phone?

Who is your current carrier? Did y... (more)

spacejamz (Oct. 19, 2012 @ 8:42a) |

Call T-Mobile. Pretty painless as long as you have been a customer for 60 days.

ToofanMail (Oct. 19, 2012 @ 12:27p) |

Finally got Sprint to waive upgrade fee. They will not do it easily. I would suggest not even trying unless you are... (more)

jmsnyc (Oct. 19, 2012 @ 5:15p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Cr@p! I finally break down and buy this phone through W1refly. First FW has a cashb@ck sale at W!refly that I missed out on. Now B3stBuy reduced the price Day late and a dollar short. Thanks for the post Butcherboy, hopefully it will help somebody!

New contract or 2 year renewal!? Link doesn't specify..?

Which carrier? It would be nice to know which one.

Holding out for Black Friday's Deal. Thanks though.

Bogartofelcajon said:   Which carrier? It would be nice to know which one.

"one of the big four U.S. carriers."

Anyone know if this will apply and what the price will be for people who want to buy the phone outright?

Are any of these dealers able to let you keep your existing plan with existing data or do I have to upgrade through retentions with TMobile. I have a $25 unlimited data with text add on and don't want to lose it. I seem to remember 2 years ago having to go through TMobile to keep the cheap data part.

Sprint's GS3 has been $99 for a while with 2-year contract.

Great price.

Alexsoccerboy said:   Sprint's GS3 has been $99 for a while with 2-year contract.

Where? I'm seeing it for $199 on Sprint's site?

Its been 3 weeks that i bought Galaxy S3 from Bestbuy. Do they price match if i go to them on sunday ?

I believe that you have 30 days for phone pricing/exchange. Only 14 days (with Verizon at least) for changes to phone plans.

Alexsoccerboy said:   Sprint's GS3 has been $99 for a while with 2-year contract.

Sprint doesn't have 4G LTE... do I have that correct?

I think the s3 on Sprint is lte capable but they do not have the network up yet

delete

SunDiego123 said:   Cr@p! I finally break down and buy this phone through W1refly. First FW has a cashb@ck sale at W!refly that I missed out on. Now B3stBuy reduced the price Day late and a dollar short. Thanks for the post Butcherboy, hopefully it will help somebody!

Wirefly offers a price guarantee and matching
You should be able to keep your CashBack after price match still... *should not *will, YMMV but it makes sense.

I have a Sprint Galaxy s3. Fantastic phone. Sprint's network rollout of LTE is occurring and should be much better in 6 months. Only place I've travelled and seen it is Baltimore area.

Bogartofelcajon said:   Which carrier? It would be nice to know which one.
Presuming that a hundred bones will be coming off the same prices Best Buy is now selling the Galaxy S3 for on its Web site, that means you can expect to pay just $100 to head home with a new GS3, so long as you also sign a contract with one of the big four U.S. carriers.

Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile

If you have signed up for Mobile Freedom with Bestbuy during last February, you can save another 50$
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/Cell-Phone-Freedom/pcmcat264200...

SaulHudson said:   Alexsoccerboy said:   Sprint's GS3 has been $99 for a while with 2-year contract.

Sprint doesn't have 4G LTE... do I have that correct?


They do have a LTE network, but the coverage area is VERY small as of now.

Sprint 4G page.

Saw that this phone should be available during black friday for 49

topcashback offers $45 CashBack for mobile plans

SaulHudson said:   Alexsoccerboy said:   Sprint's GS3 has been $99 for a while with 2-year contract.

Sprint doesn't have 4G LTE... do I have that correct?


We have it in Atlanta. Much better than the older 4G WiMax network.

mercury168 said:   Anyone know if this will apply and what the price will be for people who want to buy the phone outright?

Outright is probably $600, $100 off is with a contract. You don't have to wait until Sunday, can't imagine being there on Sunday, everyone and their grandma's will be there. You can buy it today and get a price match at a later date. BestBuy has a 30 day price match policy.

The best deal from this would be the 32GB Amber Brown version from Verizon, which is currently $199 at BB. Double the memory for the same price. I also noticed that T-Mobile's phones were listed at $229 apiece, which is the worst deal out of this.

Just because Apple and Samsung charge $100 for an extra 16 GB does not make that the best value. Get the 16 GB phone and throw a large memory card in for much less!

Sorry didnt know how to delete a post. Sams club has this phone for $148 regular price.

I had this phone on Verizon and had the no sim on a regular basis. Had the Razr Maxx so need another phone today. What do people think about the iphone 5 or Razr M?

Is this w/ a 2 year contract renewla nad such. I am able to go in and upgrade and was waiting for something like this to show up for the Galaxy. I currently have AT&T. Would the people at best buy be able to upgrade my phone and renew my contract with AT&T WITHOUT changing anyhting to my plan?

Yes, AT&T doesn't force you to change plans like Verizon.

Well in that case i will probably be heading there tomorrow then. Yes i know $100 doesnt seem alot to the thousands they they are pretty much raping you for in the long run. But oh well, you cant live without a phone. its almost like gas...you just have to pay it...ugh.

went to bb to upgrade (PM on Sunday) and they did not have my current 550min family plan as an option which means i would have to upgrade to next tier which was 700min. This also means I would lose my 450 bonus minutes which i've had for years since it is no longer available when i upgrade to the new plan. I then went to AT&T store and they were able to keep all existing plan/features but I would have to pay $199 for the phone so I've decided to pass on this deal. Not gonna save few dollars on the phone now and end up having to pay more for less. Good price if you don't have grandfathered features that you are not willing to lose after upgrade.

Kieffer89 said:   Well in that case i will probably be heading there tomorrow then. Yes i know $100 doesnt seem alot to the thousands they they are pretty much raping you for in the long run. But oh well, you cant live without a phone. its almost like gas...you just have to pay it...ugh.

Have to have a smart phone with texting, data, etc? LOL

sidewinder33625 said:   went to bb to upgrade (PM on Sunday) and they did not have my current 550min family plan as an option which means i would have to upgrade to next tier which was 700min. This also means I would lose my 450 bonus minutes which i've had for years since it is no longer available when i upgrade to the new plan. I then went to AT&T store and they were able to keep all existing plan/features but I would have to pay $199 for the phone so I've decided to pass on this deal. Not gonna save few dollars on the phone now and end up having to pay more for less. Good price if you don't have grandfathered features that you are not willing to lose after upgrade.

I upgraded my AT&T iPhone yesterday at Best Buy. I was concerned that I might lose my grandfathered plan and chatted with AT&T online ahead of time. They explained that I wouldn't have to lose anything. If Best Buy couldn't offer my exact plan, I could choose the next closest thing, then call AT&T immediately and ask them to re-instate my old, no longer available plan. I wasn't convinced it would work, so I asked very specific questions about rollover, data and texting. Then, I saved the transcript of the conversation and headed out to Best Buy.

Much to my surprise, the Best Buy rep asked if I would like to keep or change my existing plan. When I told her that I'd prefer to keep the plan exactly as it is, she was able to oblige. Logging in to AT&T this morning, I see my new phone listed with all of the specifics of my old plan. Everything seemed to work perfectly.

Before I gave up on the idea, I would chat with AT&T online and see what they advise. It might still work out.

lucky51 said:   The best deal from this would be the 32GB Amber Brown version from Verizon, which is currently $199 at BB. Double the memory for the same price. I also noticed that T-Mobile's phones were listed at $229 apiece, which is the worst deal out of this.

It might not be when you take into account the total 2 years costs.

At this rate, soon they'll be paying you to buy this phone

jucus said:   At this rate, soon they'll be paying you to buy this phone

When they release the Nexus line of phones they will be.

reneebill said:   sidewinder33625 said:   went to bb to upgrade (PM on Sunday) and they did not have my current 550min family plan as an option which means i would have to upgrade to next tier which was 700min. This also means I would lose my 450 bonus minutes which i've had for years since it is no longer available when i upgrade to the new plan. I then went to AT&T store and they were able to keep all existing plan/features but I would have to pay $199 for the phone so I've decided to pass on this deal. Not gonna save few dollars on the phone now and end up having to pay more for less. Good price if you don't have grandfathered features that you are not willing to lose after upgrade.

I upgraded my AT&T iPhone yesterday at Best Buy. I was concerned that I might lose my grandfathered plan and chatted with AT&T online ahead of time. They explained that I wouldn't have to lose anything. If Best Buy couldn't offer my exact plan, I could choose the next closest thing, then call AT&T immediately and ask them to re-instate my old, no longer available plan. I wasn't convinced it would work, so I asked very specific questions about rollover, data and texting. Then, I saved the transcript of the conversation and headed out to Best Buy.

Much to my surprise, the Best Buy rep asked if I would like to keep or change my existing plan. When I told her that I'd prefer to keep the plan exactly as it is, she was able to oblige. Logging in to AT&T this morning, I see my new phone listed with all of the specifics of my old plan. Everything seemed to work perfectly.

Before I gave up on the idea, I would chat with AT&T online and see what they advise. It might still work out.


Thanks, went to another BB and they were able to upgrade and keep existing plan and all grandfathered features. Guy at the first BB seemed like a noob so it pays to check again.

Skipping 20 Messages...
Finally got Sprint to waive upgrade fee. They will not do it easily. I would suggest not even trying unless you are a long time customer or have multiple accounts or you will likely waste more time trying to get it waived than the $36 is worth.

I have had the phone almost a week, after upgrading from Epic, and though I like some things about it more but the Epic feels more solid. I actually miss my old phone in some ways. First time I ever owned a phone that I did not feel a need to upgrade when it came close to 2 years.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014