QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Seagate 3TB internal SATA ST3000DM001, $119 shipped @ Amazon

First page
1 of 4
Mulox
10/12/12 9:06 AM
The prices just keep falling (finally!)... best price on this drive in the last 12 months has been $139 shipped. The ST3000DM001 is their best version of 3TB drive yet... it's the one with 1TB per platter, and runs faster than the green/5900 drives, and much cooler than the XT version. Specs:

3TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
SATA 6Gb/s interface optimizes burst performance
Seagate AcuTrac servo technology delivers dependable performance, even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers
Seagate OptiCache technology boosts overall performance by as much as 45% over the previous generation.
Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Best Fit Applications include: Desktop or all-in-one PCs, Home servers , PC-based game systems, Desktop RAID, Direct attached external storage devices (DAS), Network attached storage devices (NAS)
1-year warranty

Linky

UPDATE: It seems the warranty period is determined by where the drive was manufactured. Units made in China are typically 1-year warranty, whereas if they were made in Thailand they could be 2-3 years.
WikiPost
10/12/12 9:06 AM
Seagate 3TB internal SATA ST3000DM001 [ image/jpeg - 11.02kB ]
dimka2000
10/12/12 9:25 AM
What's the warranty on this one?
Hoogineer
10/12/12 9:30 AM
dimka2000 said:   

What's the warranty on this one?


According to NewEgg (currently $149), it's 2 years.

Edit: I corrected the warranty period. I looked at the extended warranty options on the right, I think, and copied that errantly. >.<
PloKoon
10/12/12 9:33 AM
Hoogineer said:   

dimka2000 said:   

What's the warranty on this one?


According to NewEgg (currently $149), it's only 1 year.



From that link:
Warranty
Limited Warranty period (parts): 2 years
Limited Warranty period (labor): 2 years
Mulox
10/12/12 9:43 AM
The one on Amazon is only 1 year... it's listed in the last sentence of the Product Description, which is under the comparison matrix.
Hoogineer
10/12/12 9:45 AM
Mulox said:   

The one on Amazon is only 1 year... it's listed in the last sentence of the Product Description, which is under the comparison matrix.


Nice catch; I didn't notice it when I looked. Boo on China!
Powderhorn
10/12/12 9:58 AM
Well, this is the first time I've seen preflooding pricing. I've been waiting a few months to pick up a 3TB drive for $120. As to the warranty, I've had hard drives of all brands fail within a month or two -- even with a 5-year warranty. And frankly, since replacements are always refurbs within the warranty period, the real warranty is failure plus 30-90 days. Thanks for posting, OP!
CasualObserver
10/12/12 10:33 AM
Powderhorn said:   

Well, this is the first time I've seen preflooding pricing. I've been waiting a few months to pick up a 3TB drive for $120. As to the warranty, I've had hard drives of all brands fail within a month or two -- even with a 5-year warranty. And frankly, since replacements are always refurbs within the warranty period, the real warranty is failure plus 30-90 days. Thanks for posting, OP!



The replacements take on the remainder of the original drives warranty when they ship out the new serial number to replace the old one.
FreeFlyer
10/12/12 12:12 PM
This pricing in October suggests that pre-BF pricing is likely to be even better!
First page
1 of 4
Please select a reason for your RED vote:








You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.
Loading...