• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Tiger Direct

BaBaBlinko

Intel X25-M SSDSA2MJ080G2C1 MLC 80GB Internal Solid State Drive
The Intel X25-M SSDSA2MJ080G2C1 MLC 80GB Internal Solid State Drive delivers optimal storage performance that absolutely surpasses the performance of the standard hard drives in the industry. The Intel X25-M SSDSA2MJ080G2C1 MLC 80GB Internal Solid State Drive offers 80GB storage capacity that can accommodate and secure most of your important files. This 2.5” internal SSD also utilizes a SATA II 3Gb/s Interface which guarantees uninterrupted connection to your system. The Intel X25-M SSDSA2MJ080G2C1 MLC 80GB Internal Solid State Drive truly optimizes data storage and security.

What It Is And Why You Need It:

•2.5" Internal SSD; offers a total of 80GB storage capacity
•SATA II 3Gb/s Interface; ensures a reliable connection to the motherboard

Tiger Direct
Need a Tiger Direct coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Intel X25-M 80GB SSD
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks good thing I bought one before the rebate expired.

NasdaqTrader889 (Oct. 21, 2012 @ 7:12p) |

I lost the freaking rebate form, can someone post another. The one on their site now is only valid for today and I boug... (more)

youicide (Oct. 23, 2012 @ 8:53a) |

RollingThunder (Oct. 23, 2012 @ 3:29p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, good thing the guy I sold my almost 3 year old drive of this type to on eBay for $60 shipped yesterday didn't see this! For older computers without SATA3 will enjoy the reduced power consumtion of this drive, i mean netbooks/laptops. For $40 its a great deal, thats for sure!

plus they last forever in servers at 20 or 40% OP

Shipping is putting a damper on it for me.

I'm getting $2.29 shipping... That's ok by me. Rebate is an American Express prepaid card-- ugh.

This one is obsolete but has very good reviews. Just wonder if it is worth buying. Have no idea because there are so many deals every day. Should I upgrade my old Dell Optiplex G280 but can regret in the future when the PC die suddenly and can not use this SSD for new PC supporting SATA-3?

You can use it, it just wont be as fast as a SATA-3, but still usable.

Oh, just got another email from TD and the ad is indicating Free Shipping but item order still shows a shipping charge, what gives?

I loved mine very much and never had an issue with it, it has an Intel controller, trim works great, low power consumption, plus Intel has a great warranty, overnight advance replacement if I remember correctly. If you don't mind waiting for the rebate I wouldn't think twice about buying this! Like I said I sold an almost 3 year old one of these for $60 shipped on eBay so yeah, good deal. Plus on Newegg.com it for 86% 5 stars out of 276 reviews... Pretty solid if you ask me.

Newegg.com reviews

kuelllin said:   This one is obsolete but has very good reviews. Just wonder if it is worth buying. Have no idea because there are so many deals every day. Should I upgrade my old Dell Optiplex G280 but can regret in the future when the PC die suddenly and can not use this SSD for new PC supporting SATA-3?

I'm in for one, but I HATE the rebate process

exppii said:   I'm getting $2.29 shipping... That's ok by me. Rebate is an American Express prepaid card-- ugh.

AMEX Prepaid debit card, or an AMEX gift card? At least with a debit card, you can cash it at a bank.

GWBush said:   Shipping is putting a damper on it for me.
Well, Im saving tax over eco shipping. Meaning I save even more compare to a store deal. $4.89 a gal is killing us in CA.

I turn these cards into Amazon gift certificates sent to myself. It's a pain, but way better than carrying it around.

Would this improve the performance of a PS3? Thanks.

Just found this article that answers all of my questions.

Can SSD Upgrade Boost PS3.

I am having major regrets about ordering this drive over the Kingston 90GB for $49.99 after rebate that ended on the 9th from Newegg. Someone please tell me I'm wrong, lol.

in for 2! make sure if you get two, send out two seperate envelopes for rebates. don't submit 2 rebates for 2 drives in the same envelope!

peekpeek said:   I turn these cards into Amazon gift certificates sent to myself. It's a pain, but way better than carrying it around.

Nice idea.

I just turned some into a Costco cash card.

And I just saw one rebate application ask for a business name, saying that they'd make a check out to the business rather than send a card. I tried filling in my own name, being very optimistic.

shopper1973 said:   I am having major regrets about ordering this drive over the Kingston 90GB for $49.99 after rebate that ended on the 9th from Newegg. Someone please tell me I'm wrong, lol.

You're wrong. Or, at least, it's close to being a wash.

The Kingston is a SATA III v. this SATA II. This offer has a shipping cost, which makes the $/GB closer to parity. And you got yours a week earlier.

So set aside your regrets. Enjoy your new toy.

Does anyone know for sure what warranty these fall under?

Tiger's site says that Intel warranties these drives for 36 months (3 years).

But someone I know said that the brown-box (non-retail-box) Intel SSDs only have vendor warranty.

Does anyone know for certain?

Does anyone know if this will fit inside an Acer Aspire One AO722-BZ454 11.6" Netbook?

NasdaqTrader889 said:   Does anyone know if this will fit inside an Acer Aspire One AO722-BZ454 11.6" Netbook?

It should. I put a 120GB OCZ Vertex Plus R2 into mine, and this Intel SSD should be the same size (2.5", 9.5mm).

You can remove the spacer on it and make it 7mm as well so yes, it should fit most anything...

VirtuaL said:   NasdaqTrader889 said:   Does anyone know if this will fit inside an Acer Aspire One AO722-BZ454 11.6" Netbook?

It should. I put a 120GB OCZ Vertex Plus R2 into mine, and this Intel SSD should be the same size (2.5", 9.5mm).

tdavis5432 said:   You can remove the spacer on it and make it 7mm as well so yes, it should fit most anything...

VirtuaL said:   NasdaqTrader889 said:   Does anyone know if this will fit inside an Acer Aspire One AO722-BZ454 11.6" Netbook?

Thanks good thing I bought one before the rebate expired.

I lost the freaking rebate form, can someone post another. The one on their site now is only valid for today and I bought mine when the thread first got posted.

youicide said:   I lost the freaking rebate form, can someone post another. The one on their site now is only valid for today and I bought mine when the thread first got posted.

Link here.

Or just go here:
https://www.4myrebate.com/?oc=TD-7214

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014