674.99 is EPP pricing. Non EPP price is 809.99
Free shippng.
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P60U50

Suggested
Retail Price: $899.99
Less: $225.00
Your Price: $674.99
This Item is backordered

You can order now and they will ship it when it's back in stock. (no idea when that will happen)
For the lucky ones with discover card, don't forget to combine 5% ShopDiscover and 5% online shopping between Oct and Dec for additional 10% saving!!!

Panasonic
See Panasonic coupons that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic 60" plasma TC-P6U50 (30.16kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Amazone for $898 now

palex1 (Oct. 20, 2012 @ 9:18p) |

TV is here, it looks great. Picture quality is awesome. Sound is average (but hard to fill a large fully-open two level ... (more)

chirravu (Nov. 01, 2012 @ 9:43a) |

Item shows back in stock, but whether I'm logged in as EPP or not, it is showing up $899. Is it showing up at $675 for ... (more)

stangmem (Nov. 02, 2012 @ 10:17a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Please put the EPP part in the title.

Anyone have a normal link for this / non-EPP.

Awesome deal!

mase123987 said:   Please put the EPP part in the title.

Done

Great deal!

can this be PM'd to Amazon?

polishdreamer said:   Anyone have a normal link for this / non-EPP.

Normal non-EPP price is $810.

I had contemplated posting this yesterday when I accidentally stumbled upon it, but the fact it was backordered, and EPP to boot, made me think twice.

There are back doors into the EPP, but they tend to vanish quickly.

bhumin said:   can this be PM'd to Amazon?

Very unlikely because 1) it's against Amazon's TV price match policy (it's not one of the sites they match), and 2) it requires special access. You might get a CSR willing to do it, but it's highly, highly unlikely.

What I would GREATLY appreciate is if someone who orders can say how long the backorder is (this information should appear on the order confirmation according to the website). I am moving soon, and if it is past my moving date, I will bite and just get it shipped to the new place. I have no TV at the moment and am getting increasingly desperate. This is precisely the set I want at the price I want to pay, but because of the move, ordering is a little tricky.

BTPlayer said:   674.99 is EPP pricing. Non EPP price is 809.99
Free shippng.
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P60U50

Suggested
Retail Price: $899.99
Less: $225.00
Your Price: $674.99
This Item is backordered

You can order now and they will ship it when it's back in stock. (no idea when that will happen)
For the lucky ones with discover card, don't forget to combine 5% ShopDiscover and 5% online shopping between Oct and Dec for additional 10% saving!!!

Could you post a screen shot of your receipt or something?

If this works non-EPP, it's freaking underwater torch hot.

DoctorDeals said:   bhumin said:   can this be PM'd to Amazon?

Very unlikely because 1) it's against Amazon's TV price match policy (it's not one of the sites they match), and 2) it requires special access. You might get a CSR willing to do it, but it's highly, highly unlikely.

What I would GREATLY appreciate is if someone who orders can say how long the backorder is (this information should appear on the order confirmation according to the website). I am moving soon, and if it is past my moving date, I will bite and just get it shipped to the new place. I have no TV at the moment and am getting increasingly desperate. This is precisely the set I want at the price I want to pay, but because of the move, ordering is a little tricky.

On my receipt under "Estimated Shipping" it just said "This Item is backordered"
"Important Information:

We will continue to send you regular updates on the status of this order.

You will receive one email per week with details of anticipated shipment dates.

Once the items have been shipped, you will be sent an additional email confirming shipment."

What about a PM at BestBuy........aren't they PM'ing online retailers now?

polishdreamer said:   If this works non-EPP, it's freaking underwater torch hot.

i know a torch is hot but wouldn't an underwater torch be less hot? wouldn't the water cool off the heat?

jack handy

I see both 50" Class UT50 and 60" Class U50 Series are both at 674 and backordered, which one is hotter? I guess UT50 is a little smarter

MNFRUGALSHOPPER said:   What about a PM at BestBuy........aren't they PM'ing online retailers now?

Program is not live yet. Not clear if manufacturer direct pricing will be in the whitelist. Even then, stores can reject on a whim per policy.

MNFRUGALSHOPPER said:   What about a PM at BestBuy........aren't they PM'ing online retailers now?

Even if the BestBuy program were live, it wouldn't matter since BestBuy doesn't carry this model (yet?) As far as I can tell, only Amazon and Wal-Mart carry it among the major retailers. Also, I have some questions about whether the backorders will be filled . . . . I note that this is identified as the same list price as the TC-P50U50 (the 50 inch model) and I suspect an error that will be rectified before things ship.

That said, if it ships at the non-EPP price, I think it's *HOT* and if it ships at the EPP Price . . . whoa nelly! If I hadn't just bought one of these from Amazon, I'd be all of this and figure the worst that could happen is that they might cancel it.

How do I get the EPP pricing? Is there a code#?

alamask said:   I see both 50" Class UT50 and 60" Class U50 Series are both at 674 and backordered, which one is hotter? I guess UT50 is a little smarter

& unlike the U50, the UT has the same 2,500ffd panel as in their st, gt, & vt (but not the ar filter or pro settings on those higher end models). Most would probably advise that if you don't need the features, & watch in a viewing environment where light isn't a problem, that bigger is better. I'd probably take the UT between those two for the same price. Tough call, but i don't think you can go wrong with either one there.

EPP? How to get it? Use it? Thanks!

what is EPP?

What is EPP? and what is needed to receive that price?

hardestyj said:   What is EPP? and what is needed to receive that price?

I am not 100% sure but I think, you have to create a login (free) and then add that item to your cart. I did that but I see $765, not $674 as others have mentioned.

same here, not getting 674.99 price

It means employee pricing. Either you work for panasonic (probably not) or your company might have an agreement for getting a code to sign in for EPP pricing. Typically larger companies (especially other manufacturers or software Microsoft/IBM/Apple) will have cross agreement EPP codes to places like Dell/Panasonic/Apple etc.

In this case I know that my company has an EPP login with Panasonic (sorry can't post it), but do some homework on your own internal Intranet or company discounts to see if you have a log in.

My EPP log in did work also. Ordered. Screaming hot if that comes off backorder, thanks OP.

got it work for 679. however when they will ship it?? is any good model and how is it so cheap??
Cant make my mind between plasma and LED.

gett http error on checkout HTTP: Internal Error 500

The Web server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it
from fulfilling the request by the client for access to the requested URL.

ordered one but no estimated shipping date...

Normally one condition for a PM is that the item is in stock.

Lvscott said:   Normally one condition for a PM is that the item is in stock.

And that the price is available without special conditions.

Ordered one through EPP. Back ordered. Will update on the progress.

I am replacing 7 year old Panasonic 50" plasma which has been fantastic running 6-7 hours a day.

Black Friday might bring this full circle.

polishdreamer said:   Black Friday might bring this full circle.

What do you mean by that exactly P.D. (re. price)?

I actually had them PM the Panasonic Online EPP about 4 years ago..and it was $300 less than anywhere else.Got lucky then I know....but when they implement their new policy it should be easier to get BB managers to to deal

Ditto, my cart price is $764...How do you get the $674 deal?

Thanks

polishdreamer said:   Black Friday might bring this full circle.

I agree this could certainly be the case IF the new MSRP is indeed $899 as Panasonic's website seems to indicate. If it is a typo though and it really should be $1099, then this deal probably won't be topped. The majority of the discussion on SD seems to think $899 is in fact the correct MSRP, but I don't really agree at the moment, especially since the smaller 50" is still listed at $899.

MNFRUGALSHOPPER said:   MNFRUGALSHOPPER said:   What about a PM at BestBuy........aren't they PM'ing online retailers now?

I actually had them PM the Panasonic Online EPP about 4 years ago..and it was $300 less than anywhere else.Got lucky then I know....but when they implement their new policy it should be easier to get BB managers to to deal

While it is helpful to know there was one example of an EPP match, I still really don't understand why you are so hung up on price matching this at Best Buy. Straight from the WSJ article...
Wall Street Journal said: The world's largest consumer electronics chain's foray into online price matching is limited to certain products from certain Internet purveyors during certain periods--and even then is up to the discretion of sales associates.

-I have not seen Panasonic listed as one of the 20 online retailers it will match. It could be on the list, but even then, will that include EPP?
-What's to stop the associate from still turning it down due to some nonsensical reason? It wouldn't be unprecedented at BB.
-Most significantly, how are they going to price match a product they do not carry??? Somebody already mentioned this, but I guess it needed repeating. The only places that seem to be selling this at the moment are Panasonic, Amazon, Wal Mart, and B&H Photo. And Panasonic is not on Amazon's PM list, so that probably won't work either.

Now if this TV starts showing up at Best Buy, I will probably be among the first ones there to try a PM, but for now, the discussion is moot.

It seems patience is the only approach here. At least for now.

Update Now:

1) EPP Price went up to 899 + tax
2) Most if not all 60" models are back-ordered, but expect Panasonic to receive shipment in next week or two
3) Add 2-3 days for shipping to be ordered after step 2, and add 8-10 business days for Delivery to occur
4) The rep says image/picture clarity should be very good and NOT be much different from other higher end models such as ST, UT, GT or VT series. Obviously do not expect smartness in this TV, nor the 3D! (Rep may not exactly authority on TV quality assessment, but an internal person should have some/better clue than average Joe).

BTW, my Roku/TiVo will continue to enhance the power of my TV's Smart-O-Meter guts. I like smart-components as an outside attachment (Roku etc) rather than built-in. 3-4 years from now who knows what all will change on Net/Streaming Apps/devices. A (current) Smart TV can't be updated for a new app 3-4 years from now, where as I'be happy to throw $49-$99 for a Roku and such., be happy with latest future smarts ..

Good Ole' Consumer magazine rated ST/GT/VT models - and rated these very well particularly on image/picture quality. Hoping this model stays on-par with those higher end models.

So for folks who ordered earlier are lucky, do NOT cancel the order (or else expect to pay lot more!), wait a week or two to start hearing clear details on shipment (don't set a date for throwing your new HDTV party yet)

Thanks

Skipping 14 Messages...
Item shows back in stock, but whether I'm logged in as EPP or not, it is showing up $899. Is it showing up at $675 for anyone?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014