• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

256GB Samsung 830 Series Internal 2.5" Solid State Drive SSD (MZ-7PC256B/WW)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green for giving credit.

.63 per GB very nice price

Great price for a nice drive!

does this compatible with Mac? Is it TRIM enabled?

thank you

it is mac compatible but i believe macOS does not fully support TRIM. http://www.anandtech.com/show/5453/trim-enabler-20-for-os-x-lion...

also; bought'd, great deal for one of the best ssds

Best price I've seen on this drive so far.

Note that the new 840 and 840 Pro series start shipping this week, hence the reason you're starting to see the 830's cleared out. Anandtech has good write-ups on both.

Red for mentioning SD here...

The 830 is a better drive than the 840. Definitely a steal. It is just as fast and uses higher quality ram that should last longer.

Does TigerDirect pricematch??? TD has CashBack at least. Will try and report back.

looks good. can it be mounted on my Lenovo G780?

Good deal but tax kills it for me...

This is a 7mm drive, which are thinner than typical laptop drives. I haven't had any problems, but the sata/power connector seems a bit flimsy on the thin drives.

MacOS supports TRIM but doesn't send it to non-Apple SSDs. The drive will work anyway.

Do NOT use that TRIM enabler. It'll just screw up your machine. if you want TRIM on your non-Apple SSD, you just edit a .plist file instead of adding an enabler.

This is a good drive. It has been superseded, but you won't care when you're using it. It's still fast and reliable.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014