• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Intel i5-3570K @ TigerDirect $179.99 AC [NO REBATES]

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Coupon code ZNW73639

Shippable!
Shipping adds $2.29.
Expires 10/17.
Tax in Florida, Idaho, Texas, North Carolina, South Dakota, Georgia and Illinois.

al4nw31 op sd

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Intel i5-3570K
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I called, Dead.

max22 (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 8:20a) |

Yea......first they said expired then they said sold out so....sadness

windchaser90 (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 3:24p) |

no store in Tennessee. it would have been a great deal. was tempted to buy (CPU+MoBo+Ram)but no store nearby...

kriskros (Oct. 18, 2012 @ 11:20p) |

This processor runs hot because Intel put in garbage thermal compound on the die to the heat spreader. Solution take a razor blade and cut under the heat spreader carefully around the whole top then clean out all the crap inside (thermal paste and glue) and put in quality thermal paste. This dropped the core one temp 40 degress C on one of the cores! This will kill the chip over the long run but Intel wants to sell more so they do want them to fail after the warranty is over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pypdbN367to&feature=fvwrel
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the find and the code.

Thanks BB. Just spotted this on SD, too. Best price I have seen. Be sure to click through FC Cash Back link - 7%. Discover card should provide 5% CB.

Need a sale on a Z77 motherboard, preferably micro ATX.

A reminder, if you have a Microcenter nearby, they have the 3570K for $189.99, but give $50 off if you buy a 1155 motherboard too.

Not hot. Everyday price at Microcenter. AMD Piledriver destroys it anyways.

fatxman said:   Not hot. Everyday price at Microcenter. AMD Piledriver destroys it anyways.

My troll alert meter just hit 100%

eh, deleted... er... pending confirmation.

its actually the same price of $179.99 at microcenter and yes $50 off if you buy a 1155 motherboard.

Danzilla said:   A reminder, if you have a microcenter nearby, they have the 3570K for $189.99, but give $50 off if you buy a 1155 motherboard too.

itsme13 said:   its actually the same price of $179.99 at microcenter and yes $50 off if you buy a 1155 motherboard.

Danzilla said:   A reminder, if you have a microcenter nearby, they have the 3570K for $189.99, but give $50 off if you buy a 1155 motherboard too.
Different price in-stores? Just looked online and it's $189.99

This will be US90 in thanksgiving day,, I will wait.

TD charge tax in my state...I am going to wait for Newegg or Amazon.

Thanks, just pulled the trigger on one.

Newegg has the MSI Z77A-G41 motherboard for $60 AR, CC, and FS right now. Makes a good item to go with this if you don't live in Microcenter territory.

I recently built a system with this processor and the G43 version of the board. Been great so far.

gerigomez said:   This will be US90 in thanksgiving day,, I will wait.

When has an Intel quad core 3GHz processor ever been under $100 in the last 10 years?

Not going to happen.

~M

now that Intel has no competition they have no reason to lower their prices or quickly release desktop cpus. ARM and TSMC are Intel only real competitors and they are mainly in the Celphone/tablet market.

Great Buy !

But am I the only one who wishes Intel would offer some stock FANS / COOLERS that weren't do darn ugly ?

looks like the price went up, i got mine last week $200+tax for i5-3570K and B75M-D3H
microcenter does price match Newegg and TigerDirect.

Danzilla said:   itsme13 said:   its actually the same price of $179.99 at microcenter and yes $50 off if you buy a 1155 motherboard.

Different price in-stores? Just looked online and it's $189.99

SalemCat said:   Great Buy !

But am I the only one who wishes Intel would offer some stock FANS / COOLERS that weren't do darn ugly ?

You use the stock fan? Too many deals on here to not get a better heat-sink.

MeIsCheap said:   SalemCat said:   Great Buy !

You use the stock fan? Too many deals on here to not get a better heat-sink.

My point exactly.

SalemCat said:   Great Buy !

True. I wish they made animal shaped heat sinks...

E.g. different animal for each release (ivy bridge/sandy bridge) so we can collect them all.

fatxman said:   SalemCat said:   Great Buy !

True. I wish they made animal shaped heat sinks...

E.g. different animal for each release (ivy bridge/sandy bridge) so we can collect them all.

Oooooooh...Kayyyyyy

(I have seen one shaped like a Butterfly, though)

The deal in Microcenter is good but there is driving and tax involved. I have to drive 20 miles (+20 miles back) in Long Island traffic and the tax is ~$15.

This is better deal unless you need mobo as well.

Where the heck do you enter the coupon on their site?

I want to know that too.

Is this promo only for certain states/countries? I noticed when you switch to the like Canada Tiger Direct it has the promo right on the front page for a code for this cpu, though it's a different code from what's posted but is for the same thing. Though I still tried adding to cart on the Canada page and the apply code box still wouldn't come up. So how do I use the code with no apply code box x.x. Has anyone else actually tried the code and it worked?

The coupon code box is on the last page of checkout.

The box doesn't come up for me. I emailed them and they said they were having problems with the code and said to make the purchase over the phone. I'm guessing some people are getting the error and others aren't then? Sucks that I'm one getting the error lol, I hate making phone calls x.x.

I called, Dead.

Yea......first they said expired then they said sold out so....sadness

fatxman said:   Not hot. Everyday price at Microcenter. AMD Piledriver destroys it anyways.

no store in Tennessee. it would have been a great deal. was tempted to buy (CPU+MoBo+Ram)but no store nearby...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014