• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples - 16 pk. AA or AAA Duracell Batteries - Free After RewardsGet 100% back in Staples Rewards - Batteries - In store only

when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell AA or AAA batteries.
A $10.99 value. 581672-AA, 618854-AAA

Limit 2/week

Time to accumulate up to $100 Duracell batteries for a $25 Giftcard:
http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/212132_duracell.pdf

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Old news. You can read in other posts about how Staples applies your Rewards. You should have bought the items except ... (more)

EradicateSpam (Dec. 23, 2012 @ 8:28a) |

Better yet ... READ the THREAD!!!!

Staples Rewards for Beginners

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Dec. 23, 2012 @ 9:34a) |

"Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, co... (more)

mathfaster (Dec. 23, 2012 @ 9:38a) |

search 361116
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Butcherboy said:   Staples - 16 pk. AA or AAA Duracell Batteries - Free After Rewards, $25 Off Staples 10- Ream Copy Paper
The Staples desk pad calendar is 100% back in rewards again as well.

The batteries are "Limit 2 per week" and the desk pad is "Limit 2 per promotion":

Staples desk pad calendar, 22" x 17", SKU 445845, $5.00
Duracell AA or AAA batteries, 16 pack, SKU 581672-AA or 618854-AAA, $10.99

* Price eligible for meeting minimum spending requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings, and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

Can I use rewards on the batteries and still get rewards back?

why is it so hard to find BPVJ's wiki faq for Staples? ARG..

Can I use rewards to pay for this and get my money back. yes right as long as it's not a % back thing? I search for your recent thread on here and sd.

b534202 said:   Can I use rewards on the batteries and still get rewards back?
No.

When I was in the local Staples two weeks ago for the same deal on Duracell the clerk told me they would be running this every two weeks through the holiday (so far she's right). Don't forget to save your receipts for the $25 GC when you buy $100 rebate. What I find odd is this is not in my local ad for this week. It came to me in an email. Weird.

Spekaing of rewards, September Staples Rewards are now available. Be sure to vverify your totals as there were numberous free after rewards deals last month.

Thanks for the HU. I will stop by Staples today and get two more desk calendars and the batteries.

Does using manufacturer coupons to buy the batteries affect my ability to get the $25 rebate when I buy $100 worth? Did anybody last year who got the $25 rebate also use man Qs when you bought them? I guess if I used man Qs I would only count the amount OOP (after coupons) toward the $100 tally. I wish they would make other aize batteries free after rewards. I got boatloads of AA and AAA batteries already from last holiday season.

MrVietnam said:   So these deals are not listed in this week's ad, right?

Not in my weekly ad but I got the same offers in a Staples email today.

the batteries are pretty clear on the 2/week...does anyone know what the "promotion" period for the FARewards for the desk calendars is and how long it runs? Thank you in advance

MrVietnam said:    I got boatloads of AA and AAA batteries already from last holiday season.

You can always donate to your local fire dept, or even drop a pack or two into a toys for tots bin, they can always use them

Dumb question... is it 2 per calendar week or 2 every 7 days?

parmenides said:   Dumb question... is it 2 per calendar week or 2 every 7 days?

Calendar week, runs Sun-Sat, unless OTHERWISE NOTED in their fine print.

MISTERCHEAP said:   parmenides said:   Dumb question... is it 2 per calendar week or 2 every 7 days?

FYI, the desk calendar wording is different, says limit 2 PER PROMOTION, not per week, so I am wondering if it's a continuation of last weeks offer? strange wording there, given the batts. clearly say limit 2 per WEEK.

not national ?

Did I need to print the coupon to get the 100% rewards? Or is it automatic?

chatterbox22 said:   Did I need to print the coupon to get the 100% rewards? Or is it automatic?Automatic. Make sure you give your rewards number.

The batteries say limit 2/week but there is no indication when the promotion ends. Is it right in front of my face and I'm missing it?

mathfaster said:   chatterbox22 said:   Did I need to print the coupon to get the 100% rewards? Or is it automatic?Automatic. Make sure you give your rewards number.
Thanx

peste386 said:   The batteries say limit 2/week but there is no indication when the promotion ends. Is it right in front of my face and I'm missing it?All Staples' weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.

peste386 said:   The batteries say limit 2/week but there is no indication when the promotion ends. Is it right in front of my face and I'm missing it?

They have a sign in the store.

mathfaster said:   peste386 said:   The batteries say limit 2/week but there is no indication when the promotion ends. Is it right in front of my face and I'm missing it?All Staples' weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.

WITH the exception of Black Friday. They have had the batts on a two day farewards promo just for BF and the day after. which then started anew again on Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend for the next week.

I guess my question was more along the lines of how many weeks can we do this for? I want to be sure to that I can hit the $100 duracell spend so I would need at least 5 weeks of this promo.

MISTERCHEAP said:   mathfaster said:   peste386 said:   The batteries say limit 2/week but there is no indication when the promotion ends. Is it right in front of my face and I'm missing it?All Staples' weeks run from Sunday through Saturday.

WITH the exception of Black Friday. They have had the batts on a two day farewards promo just for BF and the day after. which then started anew again on Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend for the next week.
With the exception of this promo as well. Tues-Sat is the "week" in effect.

peste386 said:   I guess my question was more along the lines of how many weeks can we do this for? I want to be sure to that I can hit the $100 duracell spend so I would need at least 5 weeks of this promo.Someone posted somewhere that it will be going on every other week through the holidays. However, they did this promo last week as well. Remember 10/27 is the end of Staples' fiscal third quarter so they may keep this up every week through 10/27. No one knows what weeks this will be in effect but USUALLY they run it every week starting with the shortened BF week continuing through the week containing Xmas. 2 packs every week.

Look for packages with $20 worth of P&G coupons for items such as Pampers, Dawn and Tide. The coupons do not expire until 2014!

MISTERCHEAP said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   parmenides said:   Dumb question... is it 2 per calendar week or 2 every 7 days?

FYI, the desk calendar wording is different, says limit 2 PER PROMOTION, not per week, so I am wondering if it's a continuation of last weeks offer? strange wording there, given the batts. clearly say limit 2 per WEEK.

any one have info on the calendars? if it's a new offer or continuation from last week?

This is a different deal from the weekly one?

Can anyone confirm?

manimiao said:   Can anyone confirm?

Yes.

Just got off the phone with Staples Rewards customer service. Here is the 411

Duracell Batteries will only be this week. It's not scheduled to run next week, but they will be running this promotion again.
They said the Calendar promo was worded wrong. It is also only good this week & technically it's a different offer then last weeks.

So go buy the batteries & calenders

How can you tell you got the rewards?

tamsrus said:   How can you tell you got the rewards?Look at the transaction under the purchase details in your rewards account when the transaction is posted. Usually a few days to a week after your purchase.

unicornsrs67 said:   Just got off the phone with Staples Rewards customer service. Here is the 411

Duracell Batteries will only be this week. It's not scheduled to run next week, but they will be running this promotion again.
They said the Calendar promo was worded wrong. It is also only good this week & technically it's a different offer then last weeks.

Despite what Rewards CS told you there is signage in B&Ms here in Phoenix stating the free after rewards Duracell battery offer runs through 12/31/2012 so either?

1. The Rewards CS you spoke with is clueless. (Likely)
2. The ongoing deal is regional.(not very likely)
3. All Staples B&Ms Managers in my area are just incompetent and they are prematurely posting signs for a future Duracell Offer. (…One or two of them maybe, but not all of them)

I remember this same controversy last year when some areas had local Staples ads promotion the Free after rewards batteries while Staples ads in other areas did not have the offer in their area. However even those who purchased them in areas without an official ad showing the offer also got their rewards. There is really very little risk since unlike other technology batteries can be returned at any time.

fwiw and granted she is definitely the dim bulb of CSRs at Staples, I was told yesterday that the deal ended last Saturday when I went in to buy AAA, which I needed right then for a project. grrrr...This is in SF East Bay location.

cnIsfg said:   unicornsrs67 said:   Just got off the phone with Staples Rewards customer service. Here is the 411

Despite what Rewards CS told you there is signage in B&Ms here in Phoenix stating the free after rewards Duracell battery offer runs through 12/31/2012 so either?

1. The Rewards CS you spoke with is clueless. (Likely)
2. The ongoing deal is regional.(not very likely)
3. All Staples B&Ms Managers in my area are just incompetent and they are prematurely posting signs for a future Duracell Offer. (…One or two of them maybe, but not all of them)

I remember this same controversy last year when some areas had local Staples ads promotion the Free after rewards batteries while Staples ads in other areas did not have the offer in their area. However even those who purchased them in areas without an official ad showing the offer also got their rewards. There is really very little risk since unlike other technology batteries can be returned at any time.
Well for this week anyway it doesn't matter. You are good to buy again. Also, last year IIRC the battery promo did not run the last week of the year (12/25-12/31) even though all the promotional material said it was good through 12/31. Don't remember the resolution just the controversy.

i tried the Duracell $25 gift card before, it DOES not apply to Staples 100% reward deal, got shot down. but Free batteries r always good, coulda used the rewards on toner or something else.

mathfaster said:   Well for this week anyway it doesn't matter. You are good to buy again. Also, last year IIRC the battery promo did not run the last week of the year (12/25-12/31) even though all the promotional material said it was good through 12/31. Don't remember the resolution just the controversy.

Yeh that was yet another issue with the Duracell free after rewards promotion. Many stores did not get their December Duracell shipments for the 100% back offer and ran out of the Duracell batteries in early December so Staples pulled the Staples Rewards deal early. However, even those who purchased instores tha tdid have stock after the premature end date still got paid their rewards. To make up for that fiasco Staples offered them again in early January because so many stores got their shipments late and no way thery were going to sell that many Duracell batteries at regular price without the 100% back offer.

Skipping 112 Messages...
jgardish said:   CHECK YOUR RECEIPT !!!!!!

I ended up paying $1 for the batteries in one instance and $8.50 in another !!!

On one purchase I bought about $50 of printer ink and I was prompted to throw the $13.99 worth of batteries in for "free" at the register. I had $5.00 off in Staples rewards. The receipt applied $4.00 toward the ink and $1.00 toward the batteries.
That meant that I only got $12.99 back in Staples rewards for the batteries !!! So it basically cost me $1.00 for the batteries.

I had another purchase where $8.50 in Staples rewards was applied toward the batteries. So again, it basically cost me $8.50 in Staples rewards for the batteries.

Seems like a bit of trickery to me. Possible not in line with the terms of the deal.
"Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping". It's so stated in the weekly ad when you click on the batteries.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014