• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
g10ny said:   In case anyone was still wondering about how heavy the bike is - net 16 kg, total package 18 kg. You do the conversion.

Did you weigh it yourself, that seems pretty heavy. 35lb 4.3833920oz I wouldn't think it would be heavier than 30 pounds.

I don't have a suitable measuring device. Subjectively it doesn't seem that heavy, in deed, but I don't have any hard evidence.
What would be some places where I can weigh it?

digital bathroom scale if you can balance it on the seat. Bike shop can weigh it too.

And even cheaper, 215.29 for the 22 inch, $220.82 for the 16 inch.

g10ny said:   I don't have a suitable measuring device. Subjectively it doesn't seem that heavy, in deed, but I don't have any hard evidence.
What would be some places where I can weigh it?

Lift bike, climb on bathroom scale. Then weigh yourself without the bike and the difference between the two is the bike's weight.

I'm sure this bike is well over 30lbs in weight. An SR Suntour suspension fork is heavy and those wheels and tires are going to be very basic and heavy, too. I've got a low-end 18" Kona mountain bike with an excellent frame that fits me perfectly that I picked up super cheap years ago with the intent of gradually upgrading everything and it originally weighed well over 30 pounds, in part because of its 5 lb SR Suntour fork which I eventually mean to upgrade with something at least a pound or two lighter. I've added a bunch of parts I bought cheap off eBay including a carbon handlebar, a carbon seatpost, a much lighter seat, rims, folding tires, and pedals, which has dropped the weight down to just under 28 pounds.

Even if it actually weighs 35 pounds in a 20" frame, that's not atypical for this class bike and this is still a very good deal. For under $250, you're normally looking at a discount store bike that likely will weigh closer to the 38lb range.

Someone weigh one of these bikes!

The 22 inch is down to $204!

Completely dead now.

So hubby picked up the 18". It arrived in record time.

The box weighed in at 41.2 lbs
The assembled bike weighed 31.6 lbs.

He had to tweak the front derailleur to get it to move between all gears, the rear was fine. However the rear brake works "slowly". ie it will brake as soon as pressed, however it only returns to its original position when the brake is released with a bit of lag.
Also there is a very soft "sighing" sound coming from the rear wheel area when he took it out for a spin. It sounds every few seconds - he could not pin point what was causing it yet.

Other than the above, he likes the bike quite a lot.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014