• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Energizer $25 Visa w/$100 to 12/31
Disclaimer
uploading PDF scan now. Started 10/1, so if you got $100 in batts on the FARWDS OD deal, you're eligible for a $25 visa card now!

Office Depot
See Office Depot discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

energizer
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$100 is a lot to invest in throwaway batteries. I always look for MISTERCHEAP`s posts on bargain priced quality pre-charged rechargeables. LONG after those $100 in batteries are used up, I`m still going strong on less than $20 worth of various sized precharged`s. In the future consider precharged`s and a smart charger as the economical way to go in almost all cases.

Might be useful for people who need a lot of smoke alarm batteries (motel managers, etc).

think you're all missing the point here folks...

Office Depot already ran these free after rewards in the 1st week of October, and will likely do so again before 12/31.

It's an easy $25 mm, if you buy a $100 in batts, since you'll be getting $100 back in rewards.

Very much like the Staples deal for Duracell batteries going on now.

FYI some here reported they had issues getting Visa GCs on the free after rewards Energizers purchased at OD back in February on a similar Energizer Visa GC deal so YMMV.

cnIsfg said:   FYI some here reported they had issues getting Visa GCs on the free after rewards Energizers purchased at OD back in February on a similar Energizer Visa GC deal so YMMV.

I'd have to dig up the thread/form from last year, but I think it was a different kind of offer and there was some wording in the fine print about it not being combinable with any other promo I think. They were using that wording to deny free after rewards purchases if memory recalls.

The OP form has no such exclusions, so hopefully, this would get approved w/o issue cause they couldn't deny the rebate on that basis since it's not mentioned to begin with.

tracfancier said:   $100 is a lot to invest in throwaway batteries. I always look for MISTERCHEAP`s posts on bargain priced quality pre-charged rechargeables. LONG after those $100 in batteries are used up, I`m still going strong on less than $20 worth of various sized precharged`s. In the future consider precharged`s and a smart charger as the economical way to go in almost all cases.Considering the batteries are free after rewards, it doesn't seem like much of an 'investment' at all. Assuming you have something else to spend the rewards on at Office Depot, once you get them.

MISTERCHEAP said:   cnIsfg said:   FYI some here reported they had issues getting Visa GCs on the free after rewards Energizers purchased at OD back in February on a similar Energizer Visa GC deal so YMMV.

I'd have to dig up the thread/form from last year, but I think it was a different kind of offer and there was some wording in the fine print about it not being combinable with any other promo I think. They were using that wording to deny free after rewards purchases if memory recalls.

The OP form has no such exclusions, so hopefully, this would get approved w/o issue cause they couldn't deny the rebate on that basis since it's not mentioned to begin with.

Hmmm maybe I am mis-understanding what you are saying but the Energizer rebate form I am seeing linked in the OP has the exact same exclusion verage in the fine print terms as the previous Energizer deal earlier this year?

Terms of the OP's linked offer....

[Limit one (1) redemption per person or company. This certificate must accompany your request. Not valid in combination with any other offers. Sponsor will not honor requests that do not include all requested information. Requests must be postmarked by 1/14/13. NO DUPLICATION OR REPRODUCTION OF THIS CERTIFICATE OR UPC SYMBOLS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Allow eight (8) weeks for shipment. Offer good for residents of the USA only. Offer rights not transferable. Void where prohibited, licensed, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. Addresses without ZIP codes or with P.O. boxes cannot be honored. Sponsor not responsible for delayed, postage-due, illegible, mutilated, late, lost, incomplete, stolen or misdirected mail. Fraudulent submission could result in Federal prosecution under mail fraud statutes. Requests received after offer ends void. OFFER GOOD THROUGH 12/31/12, OR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.

According to those that posted denials, the rebate company's denial basis was that Energizer funded the Office Depot 100% back in rewards deal and therefore it was considered another offer. I did not actually participate in that Energizer deal so I am only reporting what others posted reporting they were denied. The previous offer was during the Office Depot 2012 100% back in rewards threads resulting from the 100% back in Rewards deals Office Depot ran several times from January - mid-Februaury. Anyway it appears to be YMMV to me. Good Luck!

cnIsfg said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   cnIsfg said:   FYI some here reported they had issues getting Visa GCs on the free after rewards Energizers purchased at OD back in February on a similar Energizer Visa GC deal so YMMV.

Hmmm maybe I am mis-understanding what you are saying but the Energizer rebate form I am seeing linked in the OP has the exact same exclusion verage in the fine print terms as the previous Energizer deal earlier this year?

Terms of the OP's linked offer....

[Limit one (1) redemption per person or company. This certificate must accompany your request. Not valid in combination with any other offers. Sponsor will not honor requests that do not include all requested information. Requests must be postmarked by 1/14/13. NO DUPLICATION OR REPRODUCTION OF THIS CERTIFICATE OR UPC SYMBOLS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Allow eight (8) weeks for shipment. Offer good for residents of the USA only. Offer rights not transferable. Void where prohibited, licensed, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. Addresses without ZIP codes or with P.O. boxes cannot be honored. Sponsor not responsible for delayed, postage-due, illegible, mutilated, late, lost, incomplete, stolen or misdirected mail. Fraudulent submission could result in Federal prosecution under mail fraud statutes. Requests received after offer ends void. OFFER GOOD THROUGH 12/31/12, OR WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.

According to those that posted denials, the rebate company's denial basis was that Energizer funded the Office Depot 100% back in rewards deal and therefore it was considered another offer. I did not actually participate in that Energizer deal so I am only reporting what others posted reporting they were denied. The previous offer was during the Office Depot 2012 100% back in rewards threads resulting from the 100% back in Rewards deals Office Depot ran several times from January - mid-Februaury. Anyway it appears to be YMMV to me. Good Luck!

thanks for pointing that out. I missed it at first pass, so yes, proceed with caution combining with any OD rewards deals.

well, i for one spent over $100 on batteries during the last free after rewards promo so big thanks from me

FYI - OD Rewards do not roll, so you need to find $100 worth of stuff to spend the reward on.

jschuman said:   FYI - OD Rewards do not roll, so you need to find $100 worth of stuff to spend the reward on.

no big deal, you just buy FAR software, get your $$ back that way.

The rebate offer states "receipt", not "receipts". So do you have to purchase the $100 worth of batteries at the same time?. Also, does it matter where the batteries are purchased? I noticed batteries at Home Depot that have special codes and can be used to get $25 off your power bill. Just entering the codes would still leave the upc's for the other rebate. Thanks.

I would compare the UPC numbers to generic UPC numbers to see if they are the same. Like the OD caveat, there may be an identifying UPC that links these to the utility bill offer.

thank you OP! (OD will see a bunch of battery purchases from me in the next few days. ^_^)

I got the GC in 2010. In 2011 it was denied due to OD rewards. Most probably it will be same this year too. I already have $100 invested for Duracell at Staples so I am skipping this.

Got the denial letter today. Says you cannot combine with Office Depot Worklife rewards offers as other have said. Worth a shot.

generic letter
Disclaimer
got the denial letter today too...very straightforward

#4:...cannot be combined with Office Depot's 100% Worklife Rewards promotion

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014