• Text Only
damn. how did i miss the AMX one? no card yet, its been like 5 weeks. hope to see it this week

I emailed the company today and got a quick response:

Billy,

We apologize for the delay. Cabela's is handling the fulfillment of
the cards and encountered a delay due to the large response from this
program. Gift cards will be sent and are due to arrive to customers
within 7-10 days.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Kindest regards,
Lindsay

Thanks for the update. Nothing received on my side yet.

what a scam this post turned out to be.

Anyone at all receive anything on this yet?

The chevyoutdoors.com website now redirects to chevrolet.com.

have to check my mailbox today. if people got the amx deal, im sure this isn't a scam

Im sure theyll be here real soon!

nm

Is there an e-mail confirmation after the dealer does their part?

I signed up at the Chevy site, did a test drive last week and the dealer did something at the computer (I couldn't see the screen). But I haven't seen a message from Chevrolet or Cabela's like Invisible quoted above.

I took my wife to a dealer and no drive. She got her card. I actually drove a car two weeks before at a dealer and my card has not arrived! No love!

No card yet

Nothing here either, maybe tomorrow.

OK, exactly what e-mail did you send your note to? This may be a dead end, but I'd at least like to get some response from the company.

Bdubedub said:   I emailed the company today and got a quick response:

Billy,

within 7-10 days.

Kindest regards,
Lindsay

I finally tracked down an e-mail for the company handling the promotion and asked if it was a scam. I got this reply:
Mr. XXXX,
I received your e-mail below.
I assure you there is no scam. The site came down because the sweepstakes the test drive offer was connected to ended.
Cabela’s is handling the distribution of the cards. They have been provided the list of all consumers that should be receiving them.
When I last spoke to Cabela’s there was a delay in getting the cards out due to the volume of cards needed.
I was assured that the first batch of cards went out yesterday and more cards will be going out over the next week or so.
I appreciate your frustration, but I also ask for your patience. The cards ware coming.

Matt Robbie

Account Director

Synergy Marketing Partners

We'll see....

dogmeat said:   OK, exactly what e-mail did you send your note to? This may be a dead end, but I'd at least like to get some response from the company.

Bdubedub said:   I emailed the company today and got a quick response:

Billy,

within 7-10 days.

Kindest regards,
Lindsay

That email was from Synergy Marketing, the company handling the contest.

Nothin yet

Here's the response when I went to Chevrolet's web chat site to talk. This is not encouraging.

------------------------

Customer:
Hello. I test drove a Chevy Venture back on October 18th in exchange for a $50 Cabela's gift card, which was to be sent to me in 2-4 weeks. It has been almost 8 weeks now; could you please check to see when I will receive my gift card?
19:28:32
Nicole:
Thank you for asking and I am sorry that you have not received this card. There is not a way for me check on the status of this card. One moment please while I check my resources to redirect you.
19:31:49
Customer:
Ok
19:32:17
Nicole:
I am still looking for information on this. Thank you for your patience.
19:35:38
Nicole:
Thank you for your patience. I would recommend speaking with the dealership as they may be able to assist in providing more information about the status of this card.
Customer:
I see. If they have no information about the card, which is likely given that this is a national promotion, whom should I contact then?
Nicole:
I do apologize. I was just informed that the website said 2-4 weeks and this information is incorrect. It should read 6-8 weeks.
Customer:
So, since you are aware of this promotion, do you have an email address and/or phone number where I can follow up if the dealership isn't able to assist me?
Nicole:
I am looking into this now to see if there is a customer contact number available.
19:46:40
Nicole:
info@synergymarketingpartners.com or call (630) 983-8900 for assistance with this.

So bottom line: Call Synergy Partners I guess. I'll try tomorrow and report back.

Ok, I just called Synergy Marketing and they have this recorded message:

"If you are calling about the Cabela's gift card, there has been a delay in fulfillment. If you made your test drive prior to November 1st, you will receive your gift card by December 31st. If afterwards, please allow 8 weeks for delivery."

So we will see if Chevy/Cabela's will deliver by year-end.

That recording been saying delay for a while.. Like above said, looks like they started mailing them, hopefully we get them before Christmas!

Don't know why you guys think this is a scam. The standard for these are 6-8 weeks, but usually 8-10 weeks. Dec 26th is the start of the 10th week from the first post (this is when to worry and email/call). But it should arrive 8th-9th week. There is a post on SD where someones husband got their Cabelas card at work today/yesterday. Should see them coming in the next few days.

I did my test drive on 11/19, so I guess I am in for a LONG wait...

Got mine in the mail just now. Woot!

My sister just got hers in the mail and now I cannot wait to see if mine arrived. I did my test drive in October so it should have been in the first round also.

got mine today in the mail.

dogmeat said:   I finally tracked down an e-mail for the company handling the promotion and asked if it was a scam. I got this reply

Can you send me this email address? We did the test drive today, but their authentication site said it could not find my email address, even though the very same email address was in the test drive printout that I made from my browser.

Edit: durr, nevermind, it's on the form.

Yay! Now everybody turn and give a collective middle finger to jpstrings! He negged me twice, going back to some older posts because I negged his one post in here. btw-he had enough time to go back and neg everyone that negged him on his post and was even nice enough to send me a msg "thanking" me for the red. He/she has alot of time on their hands....

More bail-out loans needed?

Still nothing on either offer but the spam keeps rolling...

Mine was in the mail today...It is for real!

Got mine today!

Brico said:   Mine was in the mail today...It is for real! Yeah, pretty plain wrapper, I had a hard time trying to figure out way I received a Cabela's card without any description attached. Forgot about the 30 second test drive.

Received my Cabelas' $50 GC today.

Congrats, y'all, on getting your gc! Hopefully, mine will arrive soon, too!!

Have a beautiful Christmas!!!

Why is this thread not expired?

Received my Cabelas' $50 GC yesterday.

Slickone said:   Why is this thread not expired?Because it's still available 'til 12/31...

MrVietnam said:   Received my Cabelas' $50 GC yesterday.

Me too

MrVietnam said:   Received my Cabelas' $50 GC yesterday.

Well, you can knock me over with a feather, I got one too. I note that nowhere is there an indication of value loaded on the card. Has anyone used one yet?

Mine came today. Now to decide what to use it on.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014