• Text Only
TD offer now seems not to come up when clicking submit on entry so might have gotten the FW effect already
Anyone else not get it?

Dead no pop up no more.

asabase said:   LvBrknHrt said:   i have the BAC for dealerships. so u don't have to actually go to dealerships. PM me for BAC code!

Why all the green? Just go to the dealer. It takes all of 5 minutes and usually less if you tell them you are just there for the money.

All that does is insure they either will not do these offers in the future or make it increasingly difficult to complete one.

There is always someone that wants to be the deal board interwebs hero.

Its naive to think the marketing people behind this don't scour the webs and find stuff like this.

asabase said:   LvBrknHrt said:   i have the BAC for dealerships. so u don't have to actually go to dealerships. PM me for BAC code!

Why all the green? Just go to the dealer. It takes all of 5 minutes and usually less if you tell them you are just there for the money.

it's not easy like said. trust me.

You HAVE to go to dealership...I tried the 'shortcut', and got this message: This email is not in the database and therefore can't be used...

All that does is insure they either will not do these offers in the future or make it increasingly difficult to complete one.

Its naive to think the marketing people behind this don't scour the webs and find stuff like this.

My husband has been a GSM at a dealership for 15 years. I was the inventory manager. I know all the sleazy tricks of the trade and despise about 99% of anyone in the car business. I don't blame anyone on here trying to avoid having to go in to one of these places. They're vultures and it can be a traumatizing experience for most. Car salesman are despicable human beings...I have been around them long enough to know. Sure, there ARE a few exceptions, but not many. So for those who want to avoid the hassle, good luck I'm with ya!

Tried 3 times and didn't get pop up. Then tried again saying I was interested in buying within 4-6 months instead of over a year and it worked. Coincidence?

Just worked for me. Used 4-6 months as purchase time along with my "use for spam" email address. Thanks!

The test drive offer is back up, but the validation form has been changed.

DEALER TEST DRIVE VALIDATION

Dealers: Please confirm the driver has a valid license, then populate the fields below. Note, all fields are required to successfully complete the in-dealership experience validation process. This form is for use by authorized Chevrolet dealers only. Any consumer use of this form will void your participation in the program.

MrVietnam said:   The test drive offer is back up, but the validation form has been changed.

Dealers: Please confirm the driver has a valid license, then populate the fields below. Note, all fields are required to successfully complete the in-dealership experience validation process. This form is for use by authorized Chevrolet dealers only. Any consumer use of this form will void your participation in the program.

but whats the differences between us filling out and dealership do it? still same info that needs to be filled in anyway...?

and besides, it didn't say that before when I did the form myself.

LvBrknHrt said:   MrVietnam said:   The test drive offer is back up, but the validation form has been changed.

but whats the differences between us filling out and dealership do it? still same info that needs to be filled in anyway...?

I wonder if they will go to the bother to track if the validation was submitted from the dealership IP or not.

MrVietnam, technically it's a lot of work just for a rebate $50.

hotpa2d said:   All that does is insure they either will not do these offers in the future or make it increasingly difficult to complete one.

My husband has been a GSM at a dealership for 15 years. I was the inventory manager. I know all the sleazy tricks of the trade and despise about 99% of anyone in the car business. I don't blame anyone on here trying to avoid having to go in to one of these places. They're vultures and it can be a traumatizing experience for most. Car salesman are despicable human beings...I have been around them long enough to know. Sure, there ARE a few exceptions, but not many. So for those who want to avoid the hassle, good luck I'm with ya!

Waaaaaah, car dealers are meanies.
I have never sold cars or have any interest in car dealers. I do however love these test drive deals.
People circumventing the system by posting or doling out the BAC numbers just screws it up for those of us with a spine that know how to deal with people.

"traumatizing" LOL!

that's why i do PM the BAC code. not just public posting the codes!

LvBrknHrt said:   that's why i do PM the BAC code. not just public posting the codes!

Wow! How clever! The marketing people that do these things would never figure out their system has been compromised by doing that.

Chevy Corvette test drive, anyone?

LongDongSilver said:   Chevy Corvette test drive, anyone?

they wouldn't let you test drive the Corvette btw.

LvBrknHrt said:   LongDongSilver said:   Chevy Corvette test drive, anyone?

Corvette is on the list. Sure they'll let you take it out for a spin if you look and sound like a legit buyer. The salesman will ride shotgun with you if you are going alone. I had it before.

icecoldramfan01 said:   Tried 3 times and didn't get pop up. Then tried again saying I was interested in buying within 4-6 months instead of over a year and it worked. Coincidence?

Thanks! This did the trick for me. The funny thing is, the Suburban IS on our 7-12 month test drive list.

Friend signed up yesterday afternoon, no problem with 1-3 months. I signed up a few days ago. We hit up our local Chevy dealership and had our validation e-mail an hour after leaving.

"Cabela's and Chevrolet want to thank you for taking the time to experience Chevrolet at your local dealership. As a reward for your time and effort, you will be receiving your Cabela's $50 gift card in the mail within 2-4 weeks. Thanks again as we sincerely hope you enjoyed your experience."

Looking forward to this being here in time for black friday / cyber monday!

Thanks op!

LvBrknHrt said:   MrVietnam said:   The test drive offer is back up, but the validation form has been changed.

ROTFLMAO

Thanks...these bring about $45 at auction.

Well technically since we as taxpayers already paid over $120,000 per every single GM employee. It's nice they give us a little back before they go Bankrupt for the 3rd time.

bsg75 said:   inda said:   
For spam, I write return to sender or mail stuff back if prepaid envelope is in it; email is a custom forward that I can turn off; phone number is something I made up.

Thanks for sharing. Ingenious, a made up phone number! Always best to use phony contact info when entering sweepstakes.

Even better to use a google voice number. You want the contact possible if you were to win the sweepstakes. Make a google voice number and use it for all your spam signups.

LongDongSilver said:   LvBrknHrt said:   LongDongSilver said:   Chevy Corvette test drive, anyone?

Corvette is on the list. Sure they'll let you take it out for a spin if you look and sound like a legit buyer. The salesman will ride shotgun with you if you are going alone. I had it before.

Drive up in a Porsche and tell'em you are interested in switching back since your tax $s are already invested.

Only issue is; where to get the Porsche to drive up in?

C320 said:   Drive up in a Porsche and tell'em you are interested in switching back since your tax $s are already invested.

Only issue is; where to get the Porsche to drive up in?
1) Borrow a Crown Vic (top mounted gumball optional).
2) Drive to Porsche dealer.
3) Ask to test drive a Porsche.
4) Drive Porsche to Chevy dealer.
5) Test drive Corvette.

I drove the Mercedes S550 into a Ferrari dealership and they didn't let me test drive their Ferrari!!!!

Did anyone get a validation code in their email regarding the Chevy Test Drive??
Needless to say I did not get any such emails from them except a 'thank you for entering the sweepstakes'.
So I found it mighty odd when I took my "congratulations" page to my local dealer and they said that the website would not take it as I was supposed to have some kind of "validation or authorization code". On top of this I was actually going to take the test drive because I was interested in one of the Chevy's!
I've already tried to phone Chevy who gave me the phone # of "Cabela's" which is the same phone # as "synergymarketingpartners". I could only get voicemail and asked them to call me back. Oh, the other strange thing was that the dealer would NOT give me the BAC code - told me to get the code and just come back to the dealership. What kind of crap is this?!?!

PS: I see there is NOTHING on this thread about needing an "authorization code"...I will be THRILLED to list the offending lying sack-of-shit Chevy dealer if I find out that I was blatantly lied to. They will have lost a potential customer & I will tell the world about them. GRRRRR

you get a "coupon" with your email address on it. test drive a chevy at your dealership and they fill out the online form with their information. You get another email within a minute saying congrats you get your card 50$ in a few weeks.

khmer6 said:   Anyone notice on the print out it tells the dealer to enter your email address as "xxxxxx@gmail%com" whats up with the % sign?

i saw that, too. should be "." right?

Never got the pop-up, but completed the dealer validation screen anyway and got:

THANK YOU. THE VALIDATION IS COMPLETE.
Thank you for completing the validation process. Please advise the consumer that they will be receiving an email within 24 hours confirming this validation. Also, please advise them that they should receive their gift card or gift certificate within 2-4 weeks. On behalf of Chevrolet, thank you for your participation in this program.

Thank you Khmer6 for responding

I never received such a "coupon" in my email and I check my spam religiously.
I only got the "thank you" email.

khmer6 said:   you get a "coupon" with your email address on it. test drive a chevy at your dealership and they fill out the online form with their information. You get another email within a minute saying congrats you get your card 50$ in a few weeks.

wait a minute... was there an "authorization #" with that coupon?? Did ANYONE receive an "authorization #" that they had to bring for the test drive???

astrologer said:   wait a minute... was there an "authorization #" with that coupon?? Did ANYONE receive an "authorization #" that they had to bring for the test drive???

if you are talking about the original "Congratulations! To get your $50 Cabela's Gift Card" print out that you take to the dealer, NO, there is no authorization code on it. just your email address and the website for the dealer to input your info. he also has to input the BAC code, which is not on the printout, but is the dealer code that the salesperson already knows.

either a) you got someone inept or b) someone was bs'ing you. you could go to another dealer, or just go back to the same one and speak with a different sales person.

that's a bummer, and i don't blame you for being upset.

eta: if you read through this thread you will find someone who will kindly pm the BAC code to you, if you want to go that route.

Thanks for your imput. After many phone calls I got in touch with "Justin" who works with the marketing company.
He assured me that there was absolutely no extra code that the dealer would have to put in.
He suggested that I one of two things: either go back to the dealer and if I got the same B.S. to phone him on the spot to intervene or else just go to another dealer. I'm going to try another dealer.
Then I am going to leave negative feedback everywhere I can about this very sleazy dealership (QUIRK CHEVROLET in Braintree, MA) and may write a letter of complaint to Chevy.
Unfortunately I was too upset at the time to get either the salesman's card or the card of what I believe was the Sales Manager but I sure could pick 'em out of a crowd...
Thanks again for your sympathy

angeezee said:   astrologer said:   wait a minute... was there an "authorization #" with that coupon?? Did ANYONE receive an "authorization #" that they had to bring for the test drive???

if you are talking about the original "Congratulations! To get your $50 Cabela's Gift Card" print out that you take to the dealer, NO, there is no authorization code on it. just your email address and the website for the dealer to input your info. he also has to input the BAC code, which is not on the printout, but is the dealer code that the salesperson already knows.

either a) you got someone inept or b) someone was bs'ing you. you could go to another dealer, or just go back to the same one and speak with a different sales person.

that's a bummer, and i don't blame you for being upset.

eta: if you read through this thread you will find someone who will kindly pm the BAC code to you, if you want to go that route.

This is "Justin" from the "marketing company" --- how is it humanly possible that you people have this much time to spend contriving scams over $50??? Continued good luck --- if you'd like to chat, get my # from "Astrologer," we can chat about the unbelievably fun life you're leading.

astrologer said:   Did anyone get a validation code in their email regarding the Chevy Test Drive??
Needless to say I did not get any such emails from them except a 'thank you for entering the sweepstakes'.
So I found it mighty odd when I took my "congratulations" page to my local dealer and they said that the website would not take it as I was supposed to have some kind of "validation or authorization code". On top of this I was actually going to take the test drive because I was interested in one of the Chevy's!
I've already tried to phone Chevy who gave me the phone # of "Cabela's" which is the same phone # as "synergymarketingpartners". I could only get voicemail and asked them to call me back. Oh, the other strange thing was that the dealer would NOT give me the BAC code - told me to get the code and just come back to the dealership. What kind of crap is this?!?!

I had a similar problem, the dealer input on computer and it asked for a validation code, which of course I was never given. He must have gone to the wrong website or something. Ironic that this promo is supposed to build goodwill but instead has done just the opposite. I am far less likely to buy any GM/Chevy product now.

BAC code?!

Happy ending - I did go to another dealer who had no problem validating the test drive.
I also test drove the car I was interested in that I saw at the first dealership and will for sure be returning to that 2nd dealership when I am ready to buy.
I wouldn't have been so angry at the first dealer if they hadn't said that "another person had come into the dealership a few days before and this person had an authorization code" ~ that was an out and out lie!

zubba said:   astrologer said:   Did anyone get a validation code in their email regarding the Chevy Test Drive??

I had a similar problem, the dealer input on computer and it asked for a validation code, which of course I was never given. He must have gone to the wrong website or something. Ironic that this promo is supposed to build goodwill but instead has done just the opposite. I am far less likely to buy any GM/Chevy product now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014