rated:

Member Summary

LOTR Trilogy
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
price coming up as $19 for me

misterFRUGAL (Dec. 05, 2012 @ 5:54p) |

Has anyone received this set and read the fine print on the back of the case? Or heard a difference when watching the se... (more)

kipper717 (Dec. 10, 2012 @ 11:24p) |

I've only watched the first one (this past weekend) and haven't put the other two in yet. It was in standard theatrical... (more)

Hoogineer (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 11:44a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

tis decent price for 10-year old movie, would be hot if it's the extended version.

Bluray has plenty of room for extra's. Too bad not extended

how is this new 3 disc theatrical set any different than the old non-extended set? one difference i see is that it appears all three movies are in one case vs seperate cases, is that the only difference?

FatBoy007 said:   http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1223489/

Well that is no longer available

phire420 said:   how is this new 3 disc theatrical set any different than the old non-extended set? one difference i see is that it appears all three movies are in one case vs seperate cases, is that the only difference?
I am wondering the same thing...

I'm guessing here, but looking at the Amazon listing for the previous BD theatrical release, I'd say: no DVD versions or Digital Copies discs.

Linky (to the 'Zon.)

Mulox said:   phire420 said:   how is this new 3 disc theatrical set any different than the old non-extended set? one difference i see is that it appears all three movies are in one case vs seperate cases, is that the only difference?
I am wondering the same thing...

Oh dear lord, my drawer is full of rings and nobody is marrying me. Another version?

Bare in mind that the extended version has been completely re-colour-timed. It looks different from this version. There is value in having this in addition to the extended version...especially for $14.

how much can you miss in the extended version?

"It was three movies of people walking to a volcano....even the trees walked in those movies."

Maphatlal said:   how much can you miss in the extended version?124 minutes of sleep.

lordoffire said:   "It was three movies of people walking to a volcano....even the trees walked in those movies."

Red for slamming some great movies...

...Green for the Kevin Smith Movie quote, If we could vote nuetral this could be a new record...

Get ready for people walking to a dragon...

Great deal still....luckily I jumped on the other deal a couple weeks ago that included 'movie cash'
Thanks, OP!

Got the first one as well, can't turn down a good blu triolgy for less than 5 per shipped.

j3didude said:   Great deal still....luckily I jumped on the other deal a couple weeks ago that included 'movie cash'
Thanks, OP!

I ordered 4 of those some it's one free movie for the family / 3 gifts for friends.

The EXTENDED VERSION has much more material from the Book, and is far more entertaining.

I'll never watch the Theatrical Version again.

I'm giving Green anyhow, because it's a great deal for those who aren't really into Tolkien.

Nice find OP. Will make a great Christmas gift for someone on my list.

SalemCat said:   The EXTENDED VERSION has much more material from the Book, and is far more entertaining.

I'm giving Green anyhow, because it's a great deal for those who aren't really into Tolkien.

I agree with all that the Extended version is better - that costs $90+

Good deal

Photowhit said:   lordoffire said:   "It was three movies of people walking to a volcano....even the trees walked in those movies."

Red for slamming some great movies...

...Green for the Kevin Smith Movie quote, If we could vote nuetral this could be a new record...

Get ready for people walking to a dragon...

that's what the yellow button is for...despite its pointlessness

SalemCat said:   The EXTENDED VERSION has much more material from the Book, and is far more entertaining.

And don;t forget the added bonus of the Extended Version - putting you to sleep. If I want more material from the book - I would read the book!

jumbi555 said:   SalemCat said:   The EXTENDED VERSION has much more material from the Book, and is far more entertaining.

And don;t forget the added bonus of the Extended Version - putting you to sleep. If I want more material from the book - I would read the book!

Still price is much higher with the extended version

Anyone know if this is going to be delivered or has anyone been cancelled?

biguprastafari said:   Bare in mind that the extended version has been completely re-colour-timed. It looks different from this version. There is value in having this in addition to the extended version...especially for $14.

Do you mean that the color on this version is better than the color on the extended version?

Today this is the best deal for the extended version

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1233986/

JH225 said:   Anyone know if this is going to be delivered or has anyone been cancelled? I don't see how anyone can know if it will be delivered, but so far my order from early october (the one WITH Hobbit movie voucher for $9.99) still says "processing" and has not been cancelled.

cgott42 said:   biguprastafari said:   Bare in mind that the extended version has been completely re-colour-timed. It looks different from this version. There is value in having this in addition to the extended version...especially for $14.

Do you mean that the color on this version is better than the color on the extended version?

Definitely different. Better? That's up for debate. The theatrical version is true to the theatrical release in terms of color timing. The extended is not. Nerd wars ensue.

Yuyak said:   JH225 said:   Anyone know if this is going to be delivered or has anyone been cancelled? I don't see how anyone can know if it will be delivered, but so far my order from early october (the one WITH Hobbit movie voucher for $9.99) still says "processing" and has not been cancelled.

Same here, I just checked it:

Processing
Will arrive between Thursday, 12/06/12, and Monday, 12/10/12.

just saw a pending charge on my debit card from WalMart. couldn't figure out what it was until i logged in, and saw the shipping update. sweet!

Thanks OP.....we have all of these on DVD but at this price to upgrade to bluray is awesome. The wife and I both love these movies and cannot wait to see the new Hobbit movie soon.

Just got shipping notification! Wow, I thought this was a for-sure cancellation. Too bad I didn't order a few more...

Not sure if the price had increased but it is available at $12 again today.

Yeah I just got my shipping conformation.

Mine shipped today too, but as a collectible, I would rather have the extended edition

Can someone tell me whats the difference between these 2 editions apart from release year?
Amazon Link - Trilogy 2011 for $74
AND
Amazon Link - Trilogy 2012 for $58

javaman said:   Not sure if the price had increased but it is available at $12 again today.

Is that per movie or for the trilogy?

See my post here for the extended edition

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1239294/

I digress from the actual deal but what is the difference between aspect ratio 1.77:1 (16x9) and 2.35:1. the 2011 link below says 2.35:1 and the 2012 version is 1.77:1

iamtheone said:   Mine shipped today too, but as a collectible, I would rather have the extended edition

Can someone tell me whats the difference between these 2 editions apart from release year?
Amazon Link - Trilogy 2011 for $74
AND
Amazon Link - Trilogy 2012 for $58

Skipping 14 Messages...
kipper717 said:   Has anyone received this set and read the fine print on the back of the case? Or heard a difference when watching the second and third movies?

Under Main Features It Lists

"1080p High Definition 16x9 2.4.1 DTS-HD Master Audio English 6.1 Dolby Digital Espanol 2.0 (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings) & 5.1EX ( The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King) Subtitles: English SDH and Espanol."

Does this mean that the second and third movies only have the lower quality sound track?

The WalMart site lists AC, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital 5.1

A scan of the UPC barcode and an ISBN search came up empty.

I am saving my set for a present (maybe), so I don't want to open it if I'm going to return it.

I've only watched the first one (this past weekend) and haven't put the other two in yet. It was in standard theatrical letterbox format. I don't have a killer sound system, so, unfortunately, I probably won't notice. Hopefully someone else will look at the expired thread and chime in.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014