• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samys Sony NEX 5n

Link through FatWallet CashBack (2%)
Add the 5n + kit lens to cart (also includes 16 gb sd card and camera bag)
Add the SEL55210 to cart
Checkout

5n + 55210 was 498 + 248 with instant rebate - $15 CashBack = $730

Member Summary

Sony NEX 5n (25.86kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony

This bad boy will continue to drop given that the new models are due in a month+...

But quality quality camera... I personally like having the additional EVF, but it does tack on 100-200 bucks...

Love my NEX-7! This is a great line of cameras! Got the NEX-7 open box (i.e. brand new) w/Kit Lens from N3wegg for $1k. Close to the NEX-5N cost with the optical viewfinder.

ep11365 said:   I might get a NEX-6 for less.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/sony-nex-6-hands-on/

How do you get the NEX 6 for less? The body only is $850!!!

The 200 off 5n and 100 off combo with 55210 (from Sony to retailer) ends nov 3, so prices should be lowest halloween weekend.

coolbreeze said:   Love my NEX-7! This is a great line of cameras! Got the NEX-7 open box (i.e. brand new) w/Kit Lens from N3wegg for $1k. Close to the NEX-5N cost with the optical viewfinder.

nex 5n + kit lens($ 469 at 42nd st photo) +evf(259 at Amazon) is currently $628, not $1k. And open box is not technically brand new. That's why it's called open box. But as long as you get full warranty and can verify it hasn't been trashed by previous users, then open box is fine.

emmeljay said:   coolbreeze said:   Love my NEX-7! This is a great line of cameras! Got the NEX-7 open box (i.e. brand new) w/Kit Lens from N3wegg for $1k. Close to the NEX-5N cost with the optical viewfinder.

nex 5n + kit lens($ 469 at 42nd st photo) +evf(259 at Amazon) is currently $628, not $1k. And open box is not technically brand new. That's why it's called open box.

Well of course the prices are lower now after Sony slashed them. When I got the NEX-7 it was very close to the NEX-5N price.

And it still had the tags on it and was literally never used (zero shutter actuations). But I see your point.

Why/how is it open box with zero shutter use?

emmeljay said:   Why/how is it open box with zero shutter use?
I don't know. Perhaps someone bought it, received it, changed their mind (remorse, most likely) and sent it back?? Open box doesn't always mean "used heavily for 29 days, then returned."

coolbreeze said:   emmeljay said:   Why/how is it open box with zero shutter use?
I don't know. Perhaps someone bought it, received it, changed their mind (remorse, most likely) and sent it back?? Open box doesn't always mean "used heavily for 29 days, then returned."

well 29 days of heavy use and a single shutter release aren't the same thing. It's strange (but not impossible) to open the box and not to press the shutter button even once. My point is, that usually won't be the case. I.e.you were really lucky.

emmeljay said:   Why/how is it open box with zero shutter use?

My question is how to check the total number of shutter released for camera?

ep11365 said:   emmeljay said:   Why/how is it open box with zero shutter use?

My question is how to check the total number of shutter released for camera?

Look at the filename of the first photo. Mine was DSC0000.arw.

If it's, say, DSC0342.arw, that means the shutter has taken 342 photos. I suppose it's not scientific, but the NEX-7 I got still had the tags on it and was literally brand new.

I guess it could have been heavily used, but I highly doubt it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014