GoDaddy SSL price mistake, $13/yr

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
There's a coupon out to get a GoDaddy SSL cert for 81% off (LKSRTLSSL, expires 12/31/12) for the first year. However when I tried to buy 5 years it gave me the discount off all the years.

So 5 years of SSL cert cost only $65. That's quite a bargain! I don't know if it works on EV certs or other types, but it worked fine on the standard cert.

As a side note, GD is always having certificate sales, so when you buy a cert from them you are better off disabling auto-renew and buying a new certificate at the end instead of renewing your original certificate. Just shop around for the latest coupon codes and buy a brand new cert for the same domain name.

GoDaddy
See GoDaddy coupons that earn 7.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

GoDaddy SSL
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not really a price mistake. I have been using the same discount for a while. It only applies to the first year of service.

granthell said:   Not really a price mistake. I have been using the same discount for a while. It only applies to the first year of service.It is a price mistake, as you say it should only apply for the first year, but OP says it's working for all 5.

It is not a price mistake. You can easily get that price. Just search for SSL on google and you will see an ad for SSL for that amount from GoDaddy.

Yup, I just paid $64.95 for a 5-year cert, which works out to $12.99 per year. You can test it out on GoDaddy.com and see the final price before you pay. Check it out.

My long term memory still works, GoDaddy sucks.

Dead now

kwoker said:   Dead now

Damn, is there a badge for that?

FYI at Namecheap you can get certs for $7.95 per year (5 years) for comodo positivessl, or geotrust rapidssl for $9.50 per year (5 years).

I bought it for 13 bucks, but attempting to add a year adds like 50-60/year so its only good for 1 year. The offer states that up front when you apply it to the cart.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014